Options

Regular Ordinary Swedish [Chat] Time

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    fluffy's labyrinthine archive of sexy pictures of women is downright Borgesian

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    In my local JB Hi-Fi (local audiovisual retailer), I found the DVDs of Avatar in the World Cinema section with all the other anime

I did not understand how someone would make that decision

simonwolf on
  • Options
    AmphetamineAmphetamine Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    holy fuck wild turkey 101 is strong

this is making me forget about my educational problems

and pretty much everything that's ever happened in my entire life

Amphetamine on
  • Options
    Lady EriLady Eri Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I couldn't login for a day, but lulzec was the least of our worries. In game and out of game.

Who wants an EvE update? Gather around the fire for a dose of political intrigue!

Lady Eri on
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    B:L wrote: »

Yeah we missed you in Phalla, Eri. Things are still crazy there but lately there's been an outbreak of the herp derps.

more crazy in phalla is always fun

Zandracon on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Why would you drink Wild Turkey?

Poor people don't drink Wild Turkey.

Quid on
  • Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Cartoon of Asian-themed people. Just go ahead and ignore those giant "Nickelodeon" tags all over it. It doesn't get to touch Spongebob, let alone be on the same shelf as him.

Turkson on
    oh h*ck
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Podly wrote: »
    Also, [chat], I hooked up (but didn't have sex) with someone I probably shouldn't have last night. I've felt guilty about it all day. She only just turned 20, and I think that she has a big crush on me, but the feeling is no way mutual. I was just cracked out and she's really hot.

Whoops.
    Done that.

Whooops. :(

Oh well, we're only human and all that jazz.

Stop being so hot next time.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm surprised at how sad I am to be leaving this apartment though. Like, I kinda don't want to move.
    Whenever you miss it, you can just watch SiG Burn.

Also, I need to either meet the members of Journey, Styx, and Loverboy, or be so drunk that I think I've met them.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Thanatos wrote: »
    I'm surprised at how sad I am to be leaving this apartment though. Like, I kinda don't want to move.

Also, I need to either meet the members of Journey, Styx, and Loverboy, or be so drunk that I think I've met them.

Why Loverboy?

Turkson on
    oh h*ck
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Zandracon wrote: »

Yeah we missed you in Phalla, Eri. Things are still crazy there but lately there's been an outbreak of the herp derps.

Let's be fair

After warban's game, I'm not sure we even have phalla left

He's fundamentally broken everything we could ever like about the game

simonwolf on
  • Options
    AmphetamineAmphetamine Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Quid wrote: »
    Why would you drink Wild Turkey?

Poor people don't drink Wild Turkey.

but it tastes so good

Amphetamine on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Update in eve

Out of Game: CCP, the company that runs eve has gone off the hook, by dismissing the CSM's concerns (the player parliament), lying to them about micro-transactions, half-assing the last update so it burns ATI cards like vampires in the sun, pre-emptively banning people they think will generate badpress about the update, and charging $70+ for vanity items. The player base was not amused and 5000 people have unsubbed. They are flying the CSM to iceland for an emergency meeting where Mittani (the chairman of the CSM) will undoubtedly humiliate them into backtracking. There was rioting in Jita too and the trade hub shut down under the weight of 2000 pubbies shooting a monument for 3 days straight. Fucked up some war materials I was having jumpfreightered out to the front lines.

In Game: The war is over, all is lost, our allies have been vanquished and the horde is on our doorstep. Tribute, the fortress capital of the Northern Coalition, fell overnight and resembled the sack of Rome as hundreds of jumpfreighters and industrial convoys desperately tried to evacuate hundreds of billions of assets. Trade hubs were littered with the wrecks of the NC merchant empires and manufacturers organizations. Most of the alliances did not survive the evacuation and have crumbled. Morsus Mihi successfully made it out intact and is trying to re-establish in Delve. Razor is somewhere unknown. Deklein has become a lot more dangerous, not only because of the Jumpbridge nerf, but now because PL keeps a presence of 5-15 gankers permanently in VFK, the biggest nullsec trade hub there. Mittani has stressed the importance all of us (including Merch/PA) into expanding our supercapital fleet.

Lady Eri on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    simonwolf wrote: »

Let's be fair

It was a prequel to Death of Phalla.

That means we brought it back.

Eri, you think CCP is going to take the money and split?

Normal EvE faire is fucked up but this is something else.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    MikeMan wrote: »
    Also, [chat], I hooked up (but didn't have sex) with someone I probably shouldn't have last night. I've felt guilty about it all day. She only just turned 20, and I think that she has a big crush on me, but the feeling is no way mutual. I was just cracked out and she's really hot.

Whoops.
    Done that.

You might as well ask a dog not to lick himself.

It's funny because R. and I are in a weird limbo relationship right now, which of course means that when I'm not actually trying to hook up with someone is when all the chicks I've been hanging out with are automatically trying to get some Pod in them.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Man, this girl got me watching anime. And I actually like it. Goddammit, I do enough nerd things, I don't need anime!

South host on
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Turkson wrote: »

Why Loverboy?
    Because everyone's watchin', to see what you can do. Everyone's lookin' at you... at you. Everyone's wonderin', will you come out tonight? Everyone's tryin' to get it right, get it right.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Did Warban's game just not get enough people?

No CCP need's Eve to keep financing their loans they took out to develop Dust 514 for the PS3 and World of Darkness MMO.

Lady Eri on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Let's be fair

It was a prequel to Death of Phalla.

That means we brought it back.

It's a tad harsh on Warban, I think. But I'll agree it didn't help Phalla out any.

Turkson on
    oh h*ck
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    South host wrote: »
    Man, this girl got me watching anime. And I actually like it. Goddammit, I do enough nerd things, I don't need anime!
    Don't worry about "nerd" things and enjoy the things you enjoy. Good on you for giving anime a shot despite how horribly misrepresented it is here. :wink:

Lady Eri wrote: »
    Did Warban's game just not get enough people?
    It was design issues. Mainly, invincible village factions vs mafia with no kills.

• Options
    edited June 2011
    It's a tad harsh on Warban, I think. But I'll agree it didn't help Phalla out any.

I will repeat what I said on IRC

warban's game was so terrible I am surprised that anyone will want to play phalla ever again, if that is what we are resorting to for games now.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Is Phalla dying? I never see Phalla games in SE or DD anymore? Were they banned from there?

We should host a giant Renaissance of Phalla game in D&D or SE++ or something.

Lady Eri on
  • Options
    South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Why Loverboy?
    Because everyone's watchin', to see what you can do. Everyone's lookin' at you... at you. Everyone's wonderin', will you come out tonight? Everyone's tryin' to get it right, get it right.

This...this song literally just came on my radio in Saints Row.

South host on
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Phalla hasn't been good for years.

I liked it before it was mainstream.

South host wrote: »

Why Loverboy?

This...this song literally just came on my radio in Saints Row.
    I know, South host.

Don't fuck with me.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I would love to see a very simple, basic Phalla game that introduces and reinforces the core concepts and ideas. None of this recent craziness where players have to juggle 5+ abilities and are confused by them.

Turkson on
    oh h*ck
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Hey Thanatos, so I played my first game of Exodus

Summary: I really, really dislike the Crossroads and trauma mechanics

Cylon fleet, allies, and the new loyalty types are great

but Crossroads/trauma can die in a fire

simonwolf on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I've enjoyed Phallas in the past, but I just get confused with the ones recently with extra abilities and multiple votes and stuff. I think it's just too much for me and stops being fun. I do like the simple Phallas, though.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Sometimes, you can just get royally fucked by Crossroads, and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. And that's very frustrating.

However, it is a great mechanic to discourage people from wanting to be in the brig or sick bay. Which is one of the problems with the base game: there's no real penalty to being in the brig, and an advantageous one to being in sick bay if you're a cylon. It also means that sending people to sick bay is a much bigger deal.

So, I like it, but I can totally see why people would have problems with it.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hey, Podly! I was looking for you a day or two ago!

...Shit I forgot why.

yalborap on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    trist2.jpg

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    MikeMan wrote: »

Whoops.
    Done that.

impossible

So It Goes on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Phalla hasn't been good for years.

I liked it before it was mainstream.
    I was !Thanatosing

27xntie.jpg

Before everyone else was doing it.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    14 of 30 done.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    We should do a basic phalla with:

6 Village = Votes
    1 Mafia = Kills
    1 Seer = Reveals
    1 Guardian = Defends

Or a similar proportion.

Lady Eri on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Sweet! I might be getting this synth

roland_jx8p.gif

for $100 when usually they should go for $400-600. It has broken keys, which are actually really easy to fix, but most people assume that means their synth is "broken." I don't feel bad, because she got it for free and she's not a musician.

The only thing that sucks is I'll need to get a hardware editor for it, which is going to cost more than the synth itself!

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Nice, Feral. Though I am a bit disappointed to see a FoN over a Banshee's Veil and a Frozen Mallet over Infinity Edge :(

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Feral wrote: »
    trist2.jpg

22 that's not a knife THIS is a knifes, 9 memento moris, 13 don't go there girlfriends

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Sometimes, you can just get royally fucked by Crossroads, and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. And that's very frustrating.

However, it is a great mechanic to discourage people from wanting to be in the brig or sick bay. Which is one of the problems with the base game: there's no real penalty to being in the brig, and an advantageous one to being in sick bay if you're a cylon. It also means that sending people to sick bay is a much bigger deal.

So, I like it, but I can totally see why people would have problems with it.

My problem is more at the whole meta thing associated with the Crossroads

You are directly saying to someone, "okay, you didn't play the game good enough, get out, we're going to finish without you"

At the final, most climactic moment of the game, you're forcefully ejecting someone and telling them that they lost, and that just doesn't sit right with me.

I was boxed in that phase, incidentally, so that may have coloured my experience, but it still feels like a really nasty thing to happen to someone who has just gotten unlucky, or ganged up upon, in the last few moments of the game.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Super 8 was p good and stuff

So It Goes on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Eddy wrote: »
    Nice, Feral. Though I am a bit disappointed to see a FoN over a Banshee's Veil and a Frozen Mallet over Infinity Edge :(

It's mostly because I like to build Tristana with more HP late game, lets me back door a little more safely.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
This discussion has been closed.