As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PA Forums Ventrilo Server

• Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    Phew, it has been a while since I have left a message has it not?

Well fun times, still working and such. I did brake my hand though, so maybe not the best of times. But I can still work and bike to work so not all is lost.

So busy it seems, I do miss talking to you guys but it has already been 2 months! Time is going by so fast it seems like I'll be back in now time. Maybe i'll write more when it doesn't hurt to write so much. Talk to you guys next week (maybe?).

TheGerbil on
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    Gerbil, you broke your hand?! ouch!

Captain K on
  • Options
    MordrackMordrack Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    Furious masturbation accident?

Mordrack on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2006
    biking actually

TheGerbil on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    It's good to hear from you dude. Godspeed little Gerbil! *salute*

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited April 2006
    just don't bike in snow storms okay? it is bad

TheGerbil on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    TheGerbil wrote:
    just don't bike in snow storms okay? it is bad
    I biked in the snow a few times to work. never a snow storm though. Get well soon!

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Vicious_GSRVicious_GSR Dude Principality of ZeonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2006
    Now I know Mai-Kero banned me a second time when I logged on a day ago after I thought I was un-banned….

But could I ask why I was banned, cuz I am so lost I don’t think I really understand anymore…

Vicious_GSR on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    Keep ban questions to PMs.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    I don't know who banned me. But I think I was banned for spamming. I didn't know I was spamming though, because I didn't hear myself. I only heard it all at once when I was kicked.

So yeah sorry, but I didn't know what I was doing.

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    It's an auto-function of the server to protect from people who rapidly send commands or text to speach messages, but it can be triggered from lag as well. You're unbanned.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    SlandererSlanderer Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Ban? KHAAAAAAAAAN!

It's only the gray album!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gray_Album

It's a political statement!

Slanderer on
    Midshipman wrote:
    Looks like the Catholic Church would have fired the Virgin Mary if they had been in business back then.
    Hey, if God had sent an angel down to the principal's office that said, "Don't fire the bitch, the big man knocked her up." I am sure he would have given it due consideration.
    Wii Code: 1231 4448 8299 3147 ((Send me a PM and come join the party))
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    Slanderer.

Drugs are bad.

Captain K on
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    oh god oh god what did i do oh god?!!?!

I was tesing a hotkey one second.

Then: ban!

Slanderer on
    Midshipman wrote:
    Looks like the Catholic Church would have fired the Virgin Mary if they had been in business back then.
    Hey, if God had sent an angel down to the principal's office that said, "Don't fire the bitch, the big man knocked her up." I am sure he would have given it due consideration.
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    I don't mod Ventrilo anymore, but as a standbyer I have to say,

Take your ban questions/complaints/comments to the Ventrilo mods via PM, not this thread.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    Slanderer wrote:

Also, try scrolling up three posts

Mai-Kero wrote:
    It's an auto-function of the server to protect from people who rapidly send commands or text to speach messages, but it can be triggered from lag as well. You're unbanned.

Captain K on
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    Captain K wrote:
    Slanderer wrote:

Also, try scrolling up three posts

Mai-Kero wrote:

aw, my bad, missed that. I accidently tapped a hothey twice in a row while in an empty channel. and im still t3h banz0rzed. It was an accident! i swears it!

Slanderer on
    Midshipman wrote:
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    Wow, interesting to see how aboslutely nothing has changed.

So I just realised time has been going fast. It is already 3 months since I left. Riveting. I hope ventrilo has gone completely nuts since I have been gone but at the same time it'd be dissapointing if it hasn't.

Maybe I should find a better thread to post random thoughts in. Oh well. Hopefully something exciting happens soon. Like I lose the stupid cast or something.

TheGerbil on
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2006
    TheGerbil wrote:
    Wow, interesting to see how aboslutely nothing has changed.

So I just realised time has been going fast. It is already 3 months since I left. Riveting. I hope ventrilo has gone completely nuts since I have been gone but at the same time it'd be dissapointing if it hasn't.

Maybe I should find a better thread to post random thoughts in. Oh well. Hopefully something exciting happens soon. Like I lose the stupid cast or something.

Get well soon man and hope you get bakc to us asap.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    When you get back we will play the new Dawn of War expansion like every day.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    The_RatThe_Rat Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2006
    edit- i reread the opening post.

The_Rat on
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    When you get back we will play the new Dawn of War expansion like every day.

You bet we will.

Oh yea cast off! Weeeee.

Also I am in Sandy Utah currently. In White freaking City. The ghetto area. If you can call any area of Salt Lake City ghettoish. Anyhow lots of work to do here.

However it gets hot here in the valley. Too hot for my liking some days. Stupid Desert. Not much I can do about it though other then not break my hand again.

Oh well talk to you soon.

TheGerbil on
  • Options
    volluspavolluspa Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    You have to remember you are canadian and acustomed to 8months of snow a year <3
    Miss you gerbil :oops:

volluspa on
  • Options
    etoychestetoychest Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    I really should get back on vent sometime.

etoychest on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    What happened to donations?

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Henroid wrote:
    I've been so insanely busy that the 16th crept up on me this past month, and rather than go nuts trying to get a bunch of individual donations for the server, I just took the $20 out of "the Whark Fund". That's my bad.

I'll be asking for donations for this month pretty soon.

Captain K on
  • Options
    Buddy LeeBuddy Lee Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Captain K wrote:
    Henroid wrote:
    I've been so insanely busy that the 16th crept up on me this past month, and rather than go nuts trying to get a bunch of individual donations for the server, I just took the $20 out of "the Whark Fund". That's my bad.

I'll be asking for donations for this month pretty soon.

Hey, thanks Whark.

Buddy Lee on
    Join Penny-Arcaders in EPL Fantasy Futbol! Click to see details.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/

The join code for the CLASSIC league: 214755-65927

The join code for the HEAD-TO-HEAD league: 5294-3346
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Why oh why am I watching game trailers? This is not a good idea for anyone who has no method of playing them at this moment.

Why? Because I have to buy an air conditioner for the apartment or I will MELT!

However I just watched the new trailer for Dark Crusade. Hot.

TheGerbil on
  • Options
    SushisourceSushisource Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    I got autobanned for spamming, because I was trying to test a bind which wasn't working... So, can I get removed from the ban list please?

Sushisource on
    Some drugee on Kavinsky's 1986
    kavinskysig.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    I got autobanned for spamming, because I was trying to test a bind which wasn't working... So, can I get removed from the ban list please?
    Done.

in the future just PM a mod rather than asking in here.

Captain K on
  • Options
    SushisourceSushisource Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Captain K wrote:
    Done.

in the future just PM a mod rather than asking in here.

Yes sir!

Sushisource on
    Some drugee on Kavinsky's 1986
    kavinskysig.gif
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited June 2006
    just trying out a Plantronics headset with this, but i can't seem to get it to work.. in the 'setup' it seems to be registering input from it, but it doesn't actually seem to be letting me talk

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited June 2006
    hey K, I really owe the server like.. well i'll give a good chunk this month donations wise since I alwasy forget or people alwasy beat me. Before you open up donations please PM me and we'll see what I can do :)

(in other news as of May 1st I started a new high paying job so yea)

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Hardtarget wrote:
    hey K, I really owe the server like.. well i'll give a good chunk this month donations wise since I alwasy forget or people alwasy beat me. Before you open up donations please PM me and we'll see what I can do :)

(in other news as of May 1st I started a new high paying job so yea)
    The way donations have been going these past few months, I think you should send a donation when you're able, instead of waiting. I'd say paypal it to him ($5.50 limit, i believe) then pm him saying you did.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Um yeah. Go ahead and donate if you want. The server fee is due tomorrow.

I only need three $5.50 donations, because Whark has already donated. So if HT makes one, that's two left.

PayPal that shiz to dkirby@email.unc.edu

Captain K on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    don't know if i should take this to H/A, but i'm wondering if there's a way i can get my headset to output sound as well as my speakers. I've got a 5.1 set of speakers plugged into an Audigy 2 ZS. The microphone works, but i was thinking it'd be kinda handy to have voice coming over the headset, while regular sound comes out the speakers. I'm probably pissing in the wind here, but it'd be kinda nice.

edit: bah, i'm told it needs a second soundcard :(

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    darleysam wrote:
    don't know if i should take this to H/A, but i'm wondering if there's a way i can get my headset to output sound as well as my speakers. I've got a 5.1 set of speakers plugged into an Audigy 2 ZS. The microphone works, but i was thinking it'd be kinda handy to have voice coming over the headset, while regular sound comes out the speakers. I'm probably pissing in the wind here, but it'd be kinda nice.

or a USB headset. Not sure which is cheaper.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    darleysam wrote:

or a USB headset. Not sure which is cheaper.
    i had it solved, but then it seemed to stop working. Might've just been something i had wrong, but i gave up in the end.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    so yeah, I already paid the server fee, but I still need those three $5.50 donations to come up with the money it cost.

Please, uh, donate?

Captain K on
  • Options
    Buddy LeeBuddy Lee Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    I donated $5.50

Buddy Lee on
    Join Penny-Arcaders in EPL Fantasy Futbol! Click to see details.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/

The join code for the CLASSIC league: 214755-65927

The join code for the HEAD-TO-HEAD league: 5294-3346
This discussion has been closed.