As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Activision's GoldenEye: James Bond Will Return (on PS3 & 360)

123457»

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Everything or Nothing was pretty damn awesome, actually

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So I always thought that it was cool that the original GoldenEye had more objectives to complete on harder difficulties. Glad this new version kept that although I think it sorta slows the action down sometimes.

Has there been any other FPS games that do that? I think Black did but not certain.

Perfect Dark.

Endaro on
  • Options
    CyborgZetaCyborgZeta Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    Are the James Bond gamecube games worth getting?

Also, this game seems pretty cool.

What are it's main drawbacks?
    Graphics. More noticeable in online multiplayer.

CyborgZeta on
    "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself...That is coffee." - Godot
  • Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So I accidentally tossed my classic conflict code, which means I need to get to level 35 to even try out that mode.

Which is never going to happen because no one plays this game online.

Awesome job Eurocom.

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    No one plays classic conflict online anyways. I can't tell you how many different groups of two would join my lobby, within 10 minutes, never getting up to 4 to actually play.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yeah the online multiplayer is dead on arrival in this game. People only seem to be playing team conflict, and usually there is only one match up at a time.

I am kind of regretting spending the full $50 on this game, well $70 with the pro controller.

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Expecting, or hoping for, a vibrant online multi community over Nintendo WiFi seems kind of silly to me regardless of the game. It's a shame, really. The Wii has some great games, but Nintendo's online service is just so lackluster on the Wii.

I still want to give this a go at some point, but the dead online isn't doing anything to convince me otherwise that waiting for a price drop is the wise choice.

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    It's usually pretty easy to get into a game of conflicts or goldengun. Heroes is also kind of popular.

The only map I haven't played online is Memorial. Everyone seems to vote against it like the plague, if you voted against plaques instead of coughing up organs.
    I played it once on splitscreen, on a projector so it was impossible to see anything. One guy was a sniper, I was playing Hazmat suit, so in the darkness my bright white suit stood out and made me an easy, easy target.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    Bullio wrote: »
    Expecting, or hoping for, a vibrant online multi community over Nintendo WiFi seems kind of silly to me regardless of the game. It's a shame, really. The Wii has some great games, but Nintendo's online service is just so lackluster on the Wii.

I still want to give this a go at some point, but the dead online isn't doing anything to convince me otherwise that waiting for a price drop is the wise choice.

All that i've seen is that it's using usernames just like gamertags, with a completely Live-esque system (ie it tells you when people sign on and such)

But if you're not Halo or CoD, good luck getting an userbase. Perfect Dark XBLA multiplayer was dead only two weeks after it came out.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Bullio wrote: »

Doesn't have anything to do with Nintendo. It's not like this game's online interface is poorly designed, or full of lag you don't get with the other services, or cumbersome with menus, or hard to use, or anything like that. It's got all the features than anyone would want out of it (except maybe voice chat?).

The problem is the player base. Most people who would play this sort of game online don't own Wiis, and the people like that who do own Wiis might not buy this game for one reason or another.

If you really want to play this online, it shouldn't be too hard to coordinate with other people at GameFAQs, Neogaf or here. No need to even swap friend codes, just say "hey I'm planning on doing some randoms at such and such time, be on and maybe we'll meet."

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Noble Six ActualNoble Six Actual Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    My biggest problem is getting used to the controls. Even with the classic pad.

Noble Six Actual on
    XBL: JerichoTwoFour / PSN: ZeroFourThree
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    Also once again restating: even popular games like Halo never break more than 15-20% of the userbase playing online.

The vast majority of people that bought Goldeneye are more than likely just fine never booting up online multiplayer.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The tackiest freakin' thing I've seen in a long time. So cool. Reminds me of the Gold N64 controller Nintendo Power raffled off back in the day.

33821_1756236390291_1370419557_1888674_6995354_n.jpg

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I had the gold controller for the N64.... Used it so much the paint started rubbing off onto my hands. :P

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Finally got my wii working again, looking forward to playing this tonight.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    Fatboy RobertsFatboy Roberts Registered User regular
    Just saw via this report on USA Today:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2011/07/activision-launching-goldeneye-007-for-ps3-xbox-360/1

GoldenEye IS coming to 360 and PS3.
    GoldenEye 007: Reloaded will feature a fresh tech engine with upgraded, high-definition graphics when it launches this fall, says a statement from the publisher.

PS3 owners will also have the added bonus of support for motion controller PlayStation Move and the Sharp Shooter peripheral.

Along with the standard campaign, the James Bond adventure will add new Mi6 Ops Missions, four-player split-screen matches and an online multiplayer component with matches hosting up to 16 players.

Well, then.

• Options
    GrimthwackerGrimthwacker Registered User regular
    Gee. Why am I not surprised. Par for the course, really.

• Options
    Keep milking that cow.

Would still rather have the Goldeneye XBLA port from Rare. Cautiously optimistic about this, though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Bullio wrote:
    Keep milking that cow.

Would still rather have the Goldeneye XBLA port from Rare. Cautiously optimistic about this, though.

What's to be cautiously optimistic about?
    Like Goldeneye for the Wii? You'll like it for the PS360.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    I haven't played the Wii-make yet. The good stuff I've heard about it still has me interested in it, but I just haven't found the motivation to buy it.

I got the impression from the article that this is closer to a straight-up remake of Goldeneye, but with everything revamped for modern tech and a new gameplay mode. Is it actually just a prettier version of the Wii-revision?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    That's the impression I'm getting.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Bullio wrote:
    I haven't played the Wii-make yet. The good stuff I've heard about it still has me interested in it, but I just haven't found the motivation to buy it.

I got the impression from the article that this is closer to a straight-up remake of Goldeneye, but with everything revamped for modern tech and a new gameplay mode. Is it actually just a prettier version of the Wii-revision?

It's an updated port of the Wii version, though apparently it's using a different game engine. It's not a full on remake of the N64 version.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    JebralJebral The guy nobody pays attention to Down South in the land of free thinkingRegistered User regular
    The announcement of the up-port made me go and order the wii game used from amazon. Really haven't heard anything bad about the wii game, it just fell off my radar completely after it came out. Seems the same thing happened to everybody judging from this thread, heh. But hey, I'm a sucker for a shooter with pointer controls. Don't get nearly enough good use out of the wii or move.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GrimthwackerGrimthwacker Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Have a Move? House of the Dead: Overkill is getting an up-port to the PS3, so if you don't mind double-dipping (provided you already own the Wii version) that'll keep your Move. . . err. . . moving for a while. Lots of new stuff in that one too.

But yeah, I never got around to getting New Goldeneye myself, but I've been meaning to restart my GameFly account as soon as I can find a job, so one of these versions is going to be on my list.

Grimthwacker on
  • Options
    Fatboy RobertsFatboy Roberts Registered User regular
    New GoldenEye was utterly buried by Activision - put it out the same weeks as Black Ops, with most of their remaining ad budget going to BloodStone, if I recall. If this comes out on a mostly empty release date, and Activision pushes even a LITTLE, I think this has a shot at finally getting some recognition outside of a few gaming sites declaring it "Most Underrated Game of the Year."

• Options
    Trailer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq3_BfvNBg8
    Goldeneye Wii but shinier.

Popped Goldeneye back in and finished Bunker on 007, then hopped online and did pretty well leading my team. Still going to be a few decades before I level up though.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png