As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

FiveFive Registered User regular
edited September 2011 in Artist's Corner
Hello everyone! :-)

I heard the forum where I usually hang out originated here, so I thought I'd drop by and check it out. There's lots of awesome art here!
Most of what I draw is related to War for Arcadia, an online comic battle forum (original character tournament), my biggest incentive to actually sit down and draw. I don't have to come up with characters and I get a deadline, that hugely helps me get off my slacker's ass, haha.

I hope this is not too much for an intro post.

This is Benjamin's character, the Cyborg Necromancer, and my character, the vampire girl Kensington.
CN-K-250109.jpg

CN-K-pencils-background1.jpg

Ink and photoshop. I use PITT artist pens for inking usually.
Astorite-SecretSanta08.jpg

Pencil and photoshop, steampunk art jam.
steampunk-jam-kensington.jpg

Colored pencil.
301209-ken-CN.jpg

Birthday presend for a friend who likes WoW. Inked with a brush pen.
Troll-Geli1.jpg

Pencil and photoshop.
Liza-250310-double.jpg

flying-CN-Ken-grey.jpg

Photoshop.
CN_tentacletea.jpg

charley-cosplay.jpg

tinwoodsman003-3web.jpg

Christmas present for my boyfriend.
Replikant-Web25.jpg

demonkensington25.jpg

I'll spare you the comic pages right now since this is already a huge dump. Sorry!

15849_s.gif
Five on

• Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    I love everything about this. Were I to face you in battle, I'd be equally delighted and terrified.

• Options
    Haha, thank you! Give it a try... I'll be gentle. :-)

15849_s.gif
  • Options
    Benjamin.Benjamin. Registered User regular
    Your art is absolutely terrible.
    ...ly beautiful!

15661_s.gif
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Nice to have a few new faces around, you have some great inking skills and im really digging the way you tackle facial structure. Your pencil/photoshop combo works are also nice, they have a good texture to them.

Welcome to the boards, hope you stick around!

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    These are super god damned rad. I love your pencil work especially, and that beard is FANTASTIC

The only thing that bugged me going through was your female mouths though, that kind of pursed lips to the side thing could be improved with some more varied facial expressions

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    this is jivin'
    an' a' vibin'
    an' gettin' down

• Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    You should do more like this one. Because there is something special shining through in this that I don't see so much in the rest of your work. But some pretty cool stuff none the less.
    steampunk-jam-kensington.jpg

• Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    YAAaa amazing work, post some more 5

• Options
    Thank you for the welcome!

Kochikens: Thanks for the pointer, looking at these pictures I see what you mean with the mouth. Mouths are hard, especially from the side! I will try to bring in more variation in the future.

Cakemikz: If only I knew what that special something was! ;-)
    I should probably take more time for individual pictures. Not so easy with a full-time job.

Here's some less polished stuff from the last weeks:

I finished another comic battle, here are two sample pages.

From part 1.
    R29-C2-P1.jpg

From part 2.
    R29-C4-P3.png

http://warforarcadia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1394 <-- Full fight.

And a strange Bavarian birthday present for Benjamin.

Lebkuchenherz.png

Speaking of Ben, we are teaming up this round so we drew our characters in paintchat the other day (his cyborg necromancer has involuntarily swapped bodies with a red-haired female blind assassin).

R30-RedCN-Ken-large.jpg

15849_s.gif
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    main thing I notice is that your female characters have quite manly faces. It seems like it is their jawlines more than anything else... maybe they are a bit too defined or maybe they should take just a slightly different shape. Or maybe you wanted them to be like that, in which case, good job :lol:

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    Yeah, agree with Napp about the jawlines, they are really strong.

• Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Getting some facial variety in there would be nice, but I don't think the faces are like overly masculine. Do some exploring, for sure, but I like the quality of the women in your work.

• Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    Your stuff is neat and it is crazy weird seeing ben's cyborg necromancer again.

• Options
    I have a thing for very defined jaws, so yes, I'd say it's intentional. I've gotten the man-jaw comments before but I just like women to have a bit of a chin and defined jaw, I think it's beautiful and more interesting. Most women you see up there are all the same character (Kensington, the black-haired vampire girl) and she does have an angular face. I will try and bring more variety in faces when it comes to different characters, that is definitely something I have to work on.

Here are some rushed comic pages from the new fight to add some pictures to the post.

R30-C1-P1.jpg

R30-C1-P2.jpg

15849_s.gif