As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

To move or not to move?

cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm RegentBears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
edited October 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
So I've lived with my present housemate for around three years now. I've known him a really long time, but it's mostly a relationship of convenience. I don't bother him, he doesn't bother me, I have a consistent living arrangement.

Except lately his kids have been getting on my nerves, and he's been kind of controlling about the living space outside of my room; i.e. the kitchen and living room feeling 'off limits' whenever anyone's asleep.

I'm reluctant to give up a comfortable thing, but a friend's offered me a place in December if I'm interested. Problem is, I really don't know much about him, and I haven't known him that long, so I don't want to be out in the cold if things go sour.

The benefit of where I stay with is that I know a lot of people in the Haitian community, so I've always had someone else I could go to if things don't work out in some way or another. They have their quirks, but they're reliable in a pinch. (Also very much a whole 'don't bother them / don't get bothered' relationship.)

Any thoughts?

TL;DR : comfortable long term living arrangements with people I really don't get along and occasional issues with VS potentially more comfortable arrangement with relative stranger.

I have around a month and a half to decide. (One of the biggest issues is that my present roommate is opposed to pets, and I love them.)

wVEsyIc.png
cj iwakura on

• Options
    MikestaMikesta Registered User regular
    What kind of a safety net do you have? Do you have family members who might take you in if something goes wrong with the arrangement?

untitled.jpg

You mess with the dolphin, you get the nose.
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    None really. I have friends, but none of my family are anywhere close to here. Still, it's a gamble.

wVEsyIc.png