As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

GRAW Players: WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!

Zig21Zig21 Registered User regular
edited July 2006 in PAX Archive
PAX 06 will feature a tournament for GRAW on the 360. Unfortunately, I know almost nothing about the game's multiplayer, so I'm asking you, the players, for help.

I'm looking for a rule set that permits strong competitive play without killing the fun factor (although I imagine this is kinda like Halo, in that most players use tourney-worthy settings anyway). In other words, I need something that rewards the better player/team that still finishes within a reasonable amount of time, preferably a best-of-one format with a high kill requirement.

If anyone has or knows of a popular tourney setup, feel free to post or link to it. Otherwise, I need suggestions for modes and settings 'cause I'm not sure where to start.

Born to Duck
Zig21 on

• Options
    Zig21Zig21 Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    .......hello?

Zig21 on
    Born to Duck
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited June 2006
    What the hell is GRAW?

Whippy on
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    What the hell is GRAW?

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter.

I don't have a 360 though.

Joeslop on
  • Options
    RelativioxRelativiox Halo Nerd Forerunner shield world OnyxRegistered User regular
    edited June 2006
    I haven't played too much, but solo elimination and team elimination are pretty good ones I think. Although I haven't played much of the other ones though.

Relativiox on
    iris_forumsig.gif
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited June 2006
    I recently played a Graw Torunament and these were the rules we used:

Teams of 4

1. One round of elimination - 10 respawns per TEAM - that means 14 kills to win.
    2. Map is either Rocky Cove or Old Town based on a vote in the lobby ahead of the match. If its a tie, then the captains either break the tie or play on The Docks (right title?). Hopefully this is cool, personally I didn't even want to mandate a map.
    3. Weapons kits must be custom:
    No rockets
    No grenade launchers
    No camera guns
    Everything else is good to go
    4. No drones
    5. No kill cam
    6. Short respawns (5s) - don't make me create a spawn camping rule!
    7. Enemies are not visible on sit map.

Games lasted at most 30 min, having the 10 team respawns also rewards the better team as one bad player can end up using all the respawns.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited June 2006
    You should also post in G&T.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    BorfaseBorfase __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2006
    the only rules i know are no drones, no explosives, no kill cam, and no H&A allowed because they're lame

Borfase on
    duhhhh i like spaghetti-o's lolz
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2006
    how long until someone in H/A makes a thread asking what to do when someone on the internet calls you lame

(taking bets now)

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    BorfaseBorfase __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2006
    Fallout wrote:
    how long until someone in H/A makes a thread asking what to do when someone on the internet calls you lame

(taking bets now)

i wasn't referring to H/A

Borfase on
    duhhhh i like spaghetti-o's lolz
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2006
    Borfase wrote:
    Fallout wrote:

(taking bets now)

i wasn't referring to H/A

ssshhhh, they don't know that

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Typically, Zig, the drones, camera weapons, kill cam, and explosive weapons are all disabled in a custom kit. Why disable explosives? They are so bloody powerful in GRAW that it is ridiculous.

Perhaps there is a shootout going on in the canyon of Nowhere. 1 on 1, and they both have rifles. However, one guy took a grenadier rifle. Now, not only can he shoot his rifle just as well as the other guy, but if the other guy ducks behind a corner, he needs only switch to explosive mode, and shoot anywhere within 20 feet of the other guy. Dead. It is so lame.

Drones are built-in wallhacks. Camera guns are built-in wallhacks that allow the person with it to shoot, but not be shot.

Kill cam shows the location of the person that killed you.

As for maps. Disable Dry Docks, Fishing Village, Boneyard, and maybe some of the new maps from chapter 2 (haven't tried them).

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    JinxJinx Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    My recommendations:

* 4v4
    * Kit: no launchers, no cam guns (even though i love my camgun, it's not good for competition)
    * respawn invulnerability ON
    * 10 minute games
    * 10 second forced respawn
    * no night vision
    * kill cam ON
    * smaller maps only

Jinx on
    The Guitar Zeros << My friend's rad band that everyone should <3
    linkstick.gif