Options

Go Go power rangers!

124»

• Options
    SpeedySwafSpeedySwaf Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    SpeedySwaf on
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    We're going to need more Red Rangers.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I want to know about the one with a spade-face

I am interested in that season

Skull Man on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Skull Man wrote: »
    I want to know about the one with a spade-face

I am interested in that season
    They tried to be "darker," and it backfired horribly.

SpeedySwaf on
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I mean are they card-themed or what

Skull Man on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Skull Man wrote: »
    I mean are they card-themed or what
    According to this (< this is an excellent source, by the way) their theme is based on energy, but their appearence and names are based on cards.

Well, except for the rainbow dude.

SpeedySwaf on
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The Embarrassing White Ranger:
    Hien Nguyen (the stunt White Ranger) is a particularly irresponsible fellow. No matter how much the costume dept. told him to take things easy with his suit, he insisted in practising his katas and jumping around whenever he had it on. As a result it would constantly rip and tear at his crutch, sometimes so badly as to reveal his underpants. Quite often this "little problem" wasn't discovered until it was too late.
    One such time was on 22nd December when the stunt rangers were called to assemble for a stills shoot session alongside the normal shooting that was going on that night. You guessed it - he did it again - and the costume dept just gave up on him this time. No amount of white gaffers' tape, spray paint and hot melt glue could even hope to solve the problem without building a totally new set of pants. With time short, the stills shots were taken with the suit as it was - with a giant rip extending from his balls and down his right leg. These very same still photographs were later extensively used in promotional posters and Saban's own licenced products for the movie. Whoops.
    Some cool stuff about the Power Rangers movie at http://tromberg.dyndns.org/~paul/Zordmaker/zordreal2.html

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    I remember in the Dino Thunder one, there was an episode where they watched an episode of the Japanese version of the show, specifically the season used as footage for the current season of US Power Rangers. It was kinda cool.

Also, that season was good in general.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    PicardathonPicardathon Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I saw the first twenty minutes of it or something. It didn't really click with me.

I'm weird with classic cinema. Segments of Godfather and Scarface did nothing for me, but I love Charade and Dr. Strangelove.

Dr. Strangelove is the shit.
    My parents brought home Failsafe, or whatever movie Dr. Strangelove is based on, and I thought that it was Dr. Strangelove.
    How mistaken I was.
    Also, no one seems to bring up the ending after the nuke drops, that was the best dialogue in the movie.

Picardathon on
  • Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    My friend just showed this to me, and yes a million fucking times yes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dQ3NUD4yyw

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam