As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Now with more homoerotic overtones and multiplayer! [Mass Effect 3]

19495969798100»

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    One of Ashely's first lines re: aliens.

"Look, to hunt a bear, sometimes you have to lose the dog, even if you're fond of it."

holy shit woman what the fuck

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    and she never really explains why.

yes, she does
    and she doesnt actually hate them so much as distrust them
    and she doesnt even hate them as much as Pressly did
    so really, wrong on all counts

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Legba wrote:
    The armour doesn't quite gell with the Mass Effect aesthetic, but what the heck, free swag, am I right?

Fuck man, my shep would wear it.

Also @Vann Diras: I'm glad you're enjoying it.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    takyris wrote:
    Edcrab wrote:
    They made that speech deliberately long-winded and vapid, I'm sure of it

Begging the player to take the shot

YEP!

"Shit, the player STILL hasn't taken it? Uh... what if Krogan Hitler says something about eating salarian eggs?"

It was the asari line that got me.

Hey, guy, I used to be tender with an asari.

That ain't cool.

BANG.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    (By the way, if nobody else wants to make the next OP, I will gladly take those duties.)

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Legba wrote:
    The armour doesn't quite gell with the Mass Effect aesthetic, but what the heck, free swag, am I right?

Fuck man, my shep would wear it.

Also @Vann Diras: I'm glad you're enjoying it.

I have been asking him to play this game for just under two years now.

Thanks for actually making it happen

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote:

yes, she does

I got those dialogue options but maybe she says more to Maleshep because that didn't really endear me to her.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    I used femshep

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    She shouts down that humanity first (or whatever the group is called) guy, when he tries to hook up a political endorsement from Shepard.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Apparently Ashley thinks the way to woo a man is through blatant racism, horrible analogies, and quoting poetry at inappropriate times.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Antimatter wrote:

yes, she does

Pretty much. She's off the opinion that the other more advanced species will screw us if the situation demands it and that the Alliance should not rely on others. You're all acting like she'd work with Cerberus.

And as for Tali/the Quarians, her people are exposed to a mass (geddit?) amount of largely prejudice due to the fact that they broke council laws, created not only AI, but a potential threat to the whole galaxy. The council thought they had a new rachni level threat on their hands. Luckily, the Geth straight up don't give a fuck about us.

Karl on
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Karl wrote:
    Pretty much. She's off the opinion that the other more advanced species will screw us if the situation demands it and that the Alliance should not rely on others. You're all acting like she'd work with Cerberus.

Nah, she wouldn't.

But that wouldn't keep her from treating Shepard like the Space Hitler for trying to save humanity at large from the Collectors, while she sits on a backwater colony in the middle of nowhere, waiting patiently to get kidnapped so the Alliance can find another contrived reason to just do the convenient thing, and blame the crisis on Cerberus.

So, yeah, Ashley can shut her mouth and wait on the Normandy while I fix the mess.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    Framling wrote:
    the save state editor is pretty much the only reason I'm sad that I don't/can't play these on PCs

goofy mods I can live without

having to play through the entirety of both games because it turns out I missed a sidequest that carries through to ME3, well

that's a little frustrating
    You can use a thumbdrive to edit xbox saves.

!!!

I'll see if I can't track down the link that explained how when we start a new thread. I gotta go to work for now, though.

you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    that'd be swell

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Karl wrote:

Nah, she wouldn't.

But that wouldn't keep her from treating Shepard like the Space Hitler for trying to save humanity at large from the Collectors, while she sits on a backwater colony in the middle of nowhere, waiting patiently to get kidnapped so the Alliance can find another contrived reason to just do the convenient thing, and blame everything on Cerberus.

So, yeah, if Ashley wants to act like she's been wronged, she can shut her mouth and wait in the Normandy while I fix the mess.

The colonies are in the Terminus system and therefore outside official Alliance jurisdiction. So there isn't much she can do. And unsurprisingly, seeing Shepard, who was believed dead for 2 years turning up alive working with a rogue alliance intelligence unit turned terrorist group raises a few eyebrows.

The only thing that justifies Shepard working with Cerberus is the fact that the Collectors are such a threat.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Which I told her to her face, which didn't stop her from acting uppity and treating me like I'd just killed her dog instead of swooping in to save her ass. Oh, and the kicker is when the woman who spent the entire last game shitting on aliens because her grandpa didn't want to be a martyr indirectly accuses me of being an extremist against aliens, even if I have a turian and a salarain standing right next to me.

(In case this isn't clear, a fair bit of this is hyperbole, though Ash is still as dumb as a sack of rocks. A well written sack of rocks, though.)

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Ashley to ashes

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Don't tempt me.

I still hope there's a mission where you have to order somebody to fly a nuke up a Reaper's naughty bits.

Hey, Ash, here's the one time when you can come on a mission and make a difference!

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    Antimatter wrote:

yes, she does

She distrusts them so she equates them to dogs and she's openly hostile and nasty to every single non-human crewmember. She's arrogant and pretentious and even if she thinks those humanity first dudes are scum, she clearly doesn't give a shit about any species other than humanity herself. She might not think of them as inferior, but she certainly couldn't care less if they ended up as Reaper food.

And why? Because she's gotten shit because some people don't like her grandfather. Well boo. Hoo.

Pressly was genuinely racist at the start, but he doesn't let it affect his duties, unlike Ashley who deliberately antagonizes the rest of the crew. And at least Pressly grew out of his prejudices and came to genuinely feel ashamed of how he used to think and proud of being allowed to work with the non-human crew.

So fuck Ashley. She wasn't an awful human being, but she was a genuinely unpleasant one.

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    As I recall, the restrictive AI laws were only implemented after and because of the whole quarian incident.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote:
    As I recall, the restrictive AI laws were only implemented after and because of the whole quarian incident.

nah it was already illegal

when tali first explains it to you in me1, you can ask her why they quarians illegally made AIs and she is quick to say that it was an accident

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote:

nah it was already illegal

when tali first explains it to you in me1, you can ask her why they quarians illegally made AIs and she is quick to say that it was an accident

Really their only serious mistake was making an adaptive vi that could network with other programs outside of a controlled environment

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    nah in her analogy humans are actually the dog

she's saying that when the chips are down, everybody is going to put priority on their own species, including us. which is not a wrong thing to do. because of that, each species needs to be mostly self-reliant.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    She's just not PC

I don't hate her

• Options
    Oh, man, they're made for each other.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    DontShootToastersDontShootToasters the prettiest bulb at the ballRegistered User regular
    Framling wrote:
    Dubh wrote:
    used the mass effect 2 save editor on any mass effect 2 save with the game completed

or you can tell it to register your unfinished ME2 file of choice as completed

once you have a completed save, you can use the editor to change all the flags you want

then start a new game with the file you edited

bam
    So you're taking your ME2 save, changing what it says you did to Conrad in ME1 to "was nice", and then using that for NG+?

Let me know if that actually works, because when I tried it, Conrad was still bugged.

the save state editor is pretty much the only reason I'm sad that I don't/can't play these on PCs

goofy mods I can live without

having to play through the entirety of both games because it turns out I missed a sidequest that carries through to ME3, well

that's a little frustrating
    You can use a thumbdrive to edit xbox saves.

!!!

here you go speed

http://legion.cal24.pl/me2/index.php/site/index

digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Antimatter wrote:

yes, she does

She distrusts them so she equates them to dogs and she's openly hostile and nasty to every single non-human crewmember. She's arrogant and pretentious and even if she thinks those humanity first dudes are scum, she clearly doesn't give a shit about any species other than humanity herself. She might not think of them as inferior, but she certainly couldn't care less if they ended up as Reaper food.

And why? Because she's gotten shit because some people don't like her grandfather. Well boo. Hoo.

Pressly was genuinely racist at the start, but he doesn't let it affect his duties, unlike Ashley who deliberately antagonizes the rest of the crew. And at least Pressly grew out of his prejudices and came to genuinely feel ashamed of how he used to think and proud of being allowed to work with the non-human crew.

So fuck Ashley. She wasn't an awful human being, but she was a genuinely unpleasant one.

She said humans were the dogs in the analogy. That the Council would, if the situation warranted, fuck humanity over long before risking their own asses. Not out of cruelty,but simple practicality.

Guess what? She was right. Look at the Rachni and Krogan wars. Look at the situation in the Terminus systems. Council values its own more than outsiders. Just how the galaxy works.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    We could always compare Ashley to Mordin on the space hitler scale. Maybe slap a little perspective down.

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    I'm betting that this will be the game that finally wrenches me away from TOR.

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
This discussion has been closed.