As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Community: Season 4 Premiere February 7, Old Timeslot

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    inspectorspacetime.jpg

Here's the link to the Inspector Spacetime panel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2yA8kYY6dI&feature=youtu.be

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    Thanks.

• Options
    And apparently the people who made the actual Inspector Spacetime clips created a credits reel that fans can use for their own stuff, so I need to rip the music from it sometime.

Still waiting to see if I can get ahold of the Series 6 soundtrack before I release the next episode. Yes, it will have Britta.

• Options
    The_TuninatorThe_Tuninator Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Oh, Britta's in this?

Also, holy damn that Inspector Spacetime panel is hilarious. I love how phenomenally that one-off joke has spiraled totally and utterly out of control.

I request, nay, demand, an Inspector Spacetime reference on Who somewhere; they have to be aware of this.

The_Tuninator on
  • Options
    Oh, Britta's in this?

Also, holy damn that Inspector Spacetime panel is hilarious. I love how phenomenally that one-off joke has spiraled totally and utterly out of control.

I request, nay, demand, an Inspector Spacetime reference on Who somewhere; they have to be aware of this.

One of the people at the panel is a writer for Who, so no.

• Options
    No? They've said that they won't be referencing it in the actual show? Damn shame.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I would hazard a guess that Schrodinger is being sarcastic.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Ah, fair enough, my apologies. Hard to pick out via text, etc.

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    I'm awful with British accents. I pretty much have no idea what that dude was saying.

It's still rad.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    I am seriously hoping the Doctor says "It's not where we are, but when we are!" to a companion at some point in S7; it'd be so easy to do, perfectly justifiably, fit seamlessly with his personality, and be an utterly hilarious wink at Community at the same time.

Also,
    MAJOR S3 EPISODE SPOILERS INSIDE
    http://www.tvline.com/2012/01/community-law-order-homage-season-3/

LAW & ORDER EPISODE WRITTEN BY GANZ (she wrote Calligraphy & both mockumentaries)
    THE NAME IS A REFERENCE
    OMAR IS THE JUDGE
    ANNIE INTERROGATING PEOPLE LIKE FAT NEIL AND MAGNITUDE (they were confirmed as on set)
    (hopefully) THE RETURN OF ANNIE "PSYCHO" EDISON
    ARE YOU READY
    DAMN THIS HIATUS

The_Tuninator on
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    Ok... now I have to see that power point.

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    Now if only they'll ever air it.

...And confirm season 4.

and 5.

and 6.

and the movie.

• Options
    So it looks like Doctor Who Series 6 soundtrack is being delayed. So I guess I should stop waiting to release the next episode.

Who wants to preview it?

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    seeking a donglover fix, I watched mystery team earlier today.
    it was...... ok, I guess.

• Options
    AsharadAsharad Registered User regular
    seeking a donglover fix, I watched mystery team earlier today.
    it was...... ok, I guess.

I thought it was very funny, just a little too long.

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    Man, Mystery Team is a really, really frustrating movie undermined almost entirely by how godawful Aubrey Plaza is in it.

It's way too tonally uneven, though.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    I saw mystery team before I really knew Dong Lover was the best. So, I didnt go in with amazing expectations and was pleasently surprised. Then again, I absolutely love stupid humor, and Mystery Team (and Troy in community for that matter) do a lot of solid stupid jokes.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    The 'Gentlemen's Club' bit is easily the funniest part of the movie.

The whole concept works better as a short-form sketch than a feature-length movie.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    So, 30 Rock pulled a 1.8 in the demo last night in the 8pm slot, which is only .1 more than Community's S3 premier and down massively from their January return last year (2.7), as well as Community's January return (2.2).

This is actually fairly heartening, as if it keeps up for a couple more weeks (especially once Idol enters the scene) it serves to prove that 8pm Thursdays is basically a death slot, and thus in part responsible for Community's incredibly low ratings.

The_Tuninator on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    On the other hand, America sucks, as Rob debuted massively. Ron Schneider, America? REALLY?

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    but it makes all the same jokes as Carlos Mencia, just coming from white people!

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    No see it's because it's all latino and they speak spanish and there's jokes about the border and Catholicism! Hurp durp a didily dunker doo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkVhMUH0nEc

I am kinda glad 30 Rock underperformed. I'm neutral on the show, but would push it in front of a train in order to save Community. This can show NBC that even their golden girl can't compete with Big Bang Theory.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    if you're pulling for a critically well received show with bad ratings to keep going you shouldn't be hating on 30 rock. it walked the exact same path.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    I'm much more comfortable with rooting against NBC on Wednesdays than Thursdays.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Let the world burn if it brings me more Hawthorne Wipes.

And Whitney and that Chelsea show bombed, correct?

TexiKen on
  • Options
    I didn't mean you shouldn't cheer hard for community. that golden girl line rubbed me the wrong way but I don't think you meant it like that.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Nah, nothing meant by it, just that she's kind of been the figurehead for comedy on NBC (along with Steve Carrell) for the past few years and this just adds a lot more credence to what we Greendalers have said about timeslots and other competition out there.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    TexiKen wrote:
    Let the world burn if it brings me more Hawthorne Wipes.

And Whitney and that Chelsea show bombed, correct?

Unfortunately, no, they actually did better than expected on their first Wednesday night (by NBC standards, of course). Of course, this was the first week without next week's American Idol as competition.

The Firm (which is on Thursdays at 10), however, is bombing hard, which could possibly lead to Community and some other half-hour show to come back at that time. Which is kind of a terrible timeslot, but arguably better than Wednesdays.

Captain Tragedy on
  • Options
    ToldoToldo But actually, WeegianRegistered User regular
    Any idea how the writers will make Jeff stay at Greendale for more than four years if the show makes it that far?

• Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    Toldo wrote:
    Any idea how the writers will make Jeff stay at Greendale for more than four years if the show makes it that far?

Dan Harmon has stated multiple times that should the show make it past 4 years, the characters would actually graduate and leave Greendale. But it actually has to get to a 5th season for that to happen...

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Variable wrote:
    if you're pulling for a critically well received show with bad ratings to keep going you shouldn't be hating on 30 rock. it walked the exact same path.

Expressing happiness that 30 Rock did poorly in the timeslot isn't hating on 30 Rock; it's simply us being relieved that there's some evidence for the fact that Community's timeslot was awful for the show. If 30 Rock starts nailing it in that timeslot, that's a serious problem for Community's renewal chances, as it will send a message that Community simply couldn't perform as a show. However, if 30 Rock gets pasted at 8pm Thursdays, that sends the message that Community's extremely low ratings are due in no small part to its horrific timeslot.

I don't want 30 Rock to get canceled, but neither do I want it to actively harm Community's renewal chances, and so I'm glad it's doing about as well as Community did in the same slot.
    Toldo wrote:

Easy; they all graduate, and then elect to take a class together at the school every semester, just like Pierce does already, in order to remain together as a study group in addition to a group of friends.

Realistically, I think it'd be better for them to remain at Greendale rather than moving on, as Greendale is a very important part of the show; however, I have faith that the writers could sell a Greendale-less Community very well.

The_Tuninator on
  • Options
    Variable wrote:

Expressing happiness that 30 Rock did poorly in the timeslot isn't hating on 30 Rock; it's simply us being relieved that there's some evidence for the fact that Community's timeslot was awful for the show. If 30 Rock starts nailing it in that timeslot, that's a serious problem for Community's renewal chances, as it will send a message that Community simply couldn't perform as a show. However, if 30 Rock gets pasted at 8pm Thursdays, that sends the message that Community's extremely low ratings are due in no small part to its horrific timeslot.

I don't want 30 Rock to get canceled, but neither do I want it to actively harm Community's renewal chances, and so I'm glad it's doing about as well as Community did in the same slot.

I totally agree, I overreacted before realizing I was just reading too much into a passing phrase. my fault.

• Options
    ToldoToldo But actually, WeegianRegistered User regular
    Toldo wrote:

Dan Harmon has stated multiple times that should the show make it past 4 years, the characters would actually graduate and leave Greendale. But it actually has to get to a 5th season for that to happen...

I feel like a Greendale-less Community would be hard to pull off, though. Not that the show hasn't ventured away from it at times, but a sitcom needs its staple location, whether it's an apartment, model house or whatever.

• Options
    greendale is what allows the host of side characters that they have too. it would be difficult but i'm sure he could do it.

• Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Troy and Abed buy a bar to start an in-show spin off.

And then everyone else comes along too.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    that is 100% fine with me

and they would do it just to keep the show going

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    I like this shot of Nathan Fillion on the Community set.

AjF2QBzCEAAdTt_.jpg

• Options
    useless4useless4 Registered User regular
    UM. what is that? is he guesting?

• Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    No.

He broke in and decided to make love to the table.

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    pitch: Nathan Fillion plays Jeff's awesome older brother, who is a pilot and is handsome and everyone likes more than Jeff