As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOTW 1/18/12: Trying to Steal My Story

TexiKenTexiKen Dammit!That fish really got me!Registered User regular
edited January 2012 in Graphic Violence
Batman #5 is fan-flipping-tastic, and I think you'll lose a neat touch if you're reading digital instead of physical copies. Poor Siggy. Bruce just has a very bad day:

batman2-5a.jpg

batman2-5b.jpg

batman2-5c.jpg

He doesn't beat them, poor Bruce.

Daredevil #8 was just "good," not as great as previous issues, and it almost veers into Catwoman #1 territory with the end, but catches itself.

daredevil3-8a.jpg

daredevil3-8b.jpg

daredevil3-8c.jpg

Then DD and Black Cat hook up (and she knows Peter's watching them make out, ewwww) and go back to Matt's place to have sex but Foggy calls and hornblocks him.

Uncanny X-Force #20 felt pretty confusing because I think Remender is pulling up Claremont's Excalibur/Exiles work, but still a good read. I like Tocchini's art. Deadpool goes headless. Again.

xforceuncanny20a.jpg

xforceuncanny20b.jpg

TexiKen on

• Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I don't think I missed anything from reading digital for reading Batman 5, I still had to turn my tablet to read the diffrent style of pages. Haven't read it on the web yet though.
    Edit: On the web, it was pretty hard to read the last few upside down, but other than that, perfectly fine.

As for MOTW....

Amazing Spider-Man 678 has Spidey doing a bunch of heroics to try to make sure the "world doesn't end". (also proves he is better than Daredevil)
    CfjUp.jpg

Ultimate Comics Spider-Man 6 has Mile's Uncle travel to Mexico City to meet the The Scorpion, who is the one who hired him to steal from the old OsCorp building. Also great use of the ultimate universe still.
    H11Od.jpg

UltimateInferno on
    "Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    OH MY GOD
    THEY REUSED FACADE?

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Generation Hope #15 was really good, can you say catfight? Plus, Pixie thinks she hears naughty things.

generationhope15c.jpg

generationhope15e.jpg

• Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    I would argue now, that the best way to read Batman 5 is in guided view, going from panel to panel really adds to the "experience"

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Uncanny X-Force seems really cool. How do I get the intro to it so I can start picking it up?

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Not my motw, but Millar's superior has been legitimately good. The guy can write a nice story if he chooses to (which in some ways makes the fact that he often doesn't even more annoying but whatever).

Captain Atom continued to be fun this week, Daredevil was great, UXF was also good though I think it will take a while for it to recharge and reach the heady heights the last arcs ending. That's entirely understandable, this is the beginning of a story, that was a big awesome ending. Avengers was surprisingly good for a Bendis issue filled with fights, though I would have preferred it if Protector had given a bit of a better showing. Nice to see him actually talk in this issue though.