Options

Game Deals Thread

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    sonic generations, $19.99 w/free shipping

PS3

• Options
    KurneaKurnea Registered User regular
    So not a game deal, but Game of Thrones: Season 1 has a pre-order sale of $35 on Amazon right now: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003Y5HWMW

• Options
    AnakinOUAnakinOU Registered User regular
    Sumanai wrote:
    plp wrote: »
    L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition for $10 at GMG greenmangaming.com/games/adventure/la-noire-the-complete-edition/

Does anyone know if by any chance this activates on Steam?

Given that, "This game cannot be traded in." I'd lean towards "yes"....

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    LA Noire is not Steamworks. GMG is usually good about marking what titles are Steam redeemable (check out the page for CoD MW3 for an example).

Corpekata on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I'm sad that this thread seems to be mostly concerned with PC games now. Not much that can be done about that, if nobody's going to put console games on sale until the holidays, though.

I am getting really annoyed, however, that every other post is 'does this work on Steam?' though. Followed by more posts discussing if it does or does not. And then posts about people complaining about whether it does or does not. And then sometimes posts correcting earlier posts about Steam. And then posts directing people to other posts/sites that answer these questions.

Come on people! Sheesh.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Heaven forbid PC games get sales and people asks questions that are relevant about them?

• Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    Hey I'm posting console game deals! Every day I'm hustlin' in here...

• Options
    HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I'm sad that this thread seems to be mostly concerned with PC games now. Not much that can be done about that, if nobody's going to put console games on sale until the holidays, though.

I am getting really annoyed, however, that every other post is 'does this work on Steam?' though. Followed by more posts discussing if it does or does not. And then posts about people complaining about whether it does or does not. And then sometimes posts correcting earlier posts about Steam. And then posts directing people to other posts/sites that answer these questions.

Come on people! Sheesh.

Yeah it may sound asshole-ish but I have to agree. You guys are already on the internet. The thread pops up a deal for you, so the least you can do is copy and paste the name of the game and then type in "steamworks" into google.

Boom. Thread posts saved for relevant deal news when it gets bumped.

But then I bet Tube will pop in and say stop meta modding and PA forums have more than capable mods to say such things.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular

Come on people! Sheesh.

Yeah it may sound asshole-ish but I have to agree. You guys are already on the internet. The thread pops up a deal for you, so the least you can do is copy and paste the name of the game and then type in "steamworks" into google.

But then I bet Tube will pop in and say stop meta modding and PA forums have more than capable mods to say such things.

Not sure if you know this but there are plenty of games that are not Steamworks and activate on Steam. And there are also games that have both a Steamworks and a non-Steamworks version. So these questions are valid and there's a reason to ask them.
    Anyway, sorry for the off-topic this caused, I'll ask elsewhere in the future.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    Sorry for the lack of non-PC deals -- I just haven't seen a whole lot of really good sales lately. A lot of it is for titles that had better sales last year during Black Friday that pretty much everybody has already bought or has no interest in. We can only buy so many copies of Battlefield and Call of Duty!

www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    guys... gamestop emailed me this morning. If I trade in Black ops, I can get $20...

And a "metal Wolf Head."

A god damned metal wolf head. Why did I have to sell that game on ebay?!

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Allforce wrote: »
    Hey I'm posting console game deals! Every day I'm hustlin' in here...

Right. And I love my consoles as much as my PC, but the truth is they just don't get as many deals. Sadly there's no magic Xbox wand to wave around and get cheap games.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Sumanai wrote: »

Come on people! Sheesh.

Not sure if you know this but there are plenty of games that are not Steamworks and activate on Steam. And there are also games that have both a Steamworks and a non-Steamworks version. So these questions are valid and there's a reason to ask them.
    Anyway, sorry for the off-topic this caused, I'll ask elsewhere in the future.

Yeah, it's not always a cut and dry answer with some of these games. Although to be fair I have seen a few people in the past ask if a game sold on Amazon registers on Steam when it says it requires Steam in the system requirements.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    This is a forum. We're here to ask questions and help each other. Technically you could say there's no point in asking anything here, because it could all be found somewhere else on the internet. It's not like people are asking what color the sky is.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Jesus, Witcher 2 is one of the worst games I've played all year. I fell for the hype again, god damn me. Curse you, Amazon sale! And it took me 3 freaking days to download and patch. I feel ultra-robbed.

• Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    PC games get a ton of deals if for no other reason than outlets such as Steam and Amazon can do digital deals.

That said, $15 bucks is just too good to pass up for Witcher 2. I'm proud of myself for holding out this long, as I've almost purchased it for higher amounts several times. :P

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Well I haven't played it myself yet (waiting for that ultimate edition in a month or so), but Witcher 2 is supposed to be:
    a) Hard and makes you constantly work for combat
    b) Doesn't have a true tutorial
    c) Has 'mature' themes so if you dislike your dude chasing women and having related graphics really think again.

It's also been fairly consistently hailed as a good game. Unique, challenging, pretty and well written. (I only played 1 so no direct comment, but it being declared 'worst game of the year' without qualifiers irritates me)

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Jesus, Witcher 2 is one of the worst games I've played all year. I fell for the hype again, god damn me. Curse you, Amazon sale! And it took me 3 freaking days to download and patch. I feel ultra-robbed.

What didn't you like? I thought it was incredible.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    SanderJK wrote: »
    Well I haven't played it myself yet (waiting for that ultimate edition in a month or so), but Witcher 2 is supposed to be:
    a) Hard and makes you constantly work for combat
    b) Doesn't have a true tutorial
    c) Has 'mature' themes so if you dislike your dude chasing women and having related graphics really think again.

It's also been fairly consistently hailed as a good game. Unique, challenging, pretty and well written. (I only played 1 so no direct comment, but it being declared 'worst game of the year' without qualifiers irritates me)

A) isn't true, you can switch to whatever difficulty you want so combat will be whatever you want to make of it. I had it on normal and it was pretty lame tho, I could get through any fight just hammering X or kiting and fireballing. Granted, I only played it about 3 hours.

B) That's not true either, it has a great tutorial. The controls suck tho.

C) Tits and swearing do not make a game mature.

And I did not declare it worst game of the year nor do I need to qualify my opinions. I'm not looking to change people's minds.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    edited February 2012

What didn't you like? I thought it was incredible.

It's a preference thing; it's a very well made game but I just don't get onto what I call "badass simulators" and this one hit all my pet peeves on it. Plus, technical wise, the hit detection was all over the place and interacting with the environment was a huge pain in the ass. But since it's a PC game I can never really say that's the game's fault, could just be my set-up but in this case I doubt it.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    As I was in the middle of downloading the TERA client this morning before work (when I bought Witcher 2) I haven't gotten started on it yet so I won't really be able to comment for some time. Still, for $15 I can't imagine I'll be disappointed, as I liked the first game (though I didn't finish it) despite the rather clunky combat.

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    I'll back this thread up... it just seems like PC games, especially with Steam's usual nuttiness and Amazon working like crazy to catch up, have more sales than console games. Trust me, I keep an eye out and post stuff if I find it.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Hell at the top of the page is a deal for some Sonic game for PS3/360 for 20 bucks (sold out but shit, it's there).

Here's a fresh one for ya, Castlevania of War, 360, 11.99

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Final fantasy XIII-2 CE is the price of the normal game at gamestop. not sure how good a deal that is.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Yeah, its not that this thread is ignoring console deals. Its just that there are waaaaaaay more PC deals.

Allforce is a badass mutha' though, most of the awesome deals I've gotten on console games are thanks to him.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Hell at the top of the page is a deal for some Sonic game for PS3/360 for 20 bucks (sold out but shit, it's there).

This game that has absolutely no relation to Gears of War (seriously wtf?) is really good and that price is amazing.

Just ignore the DLC.

I'm not joking, pretend it doesn't exist.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    For Europeans, Greenman Gaming is also having a sale on DX:HR. 12.49€ (75% off) (activates on Steam btw)
    This is a better deal than Steam since the base price for the game in Europe is still 50 and not 30 like in the US.

Sumanai on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    The Darkness is a steal at that price. I payed 45 at GMG, and felt a little bad. Excellent game.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    1 Year XBL Gold 36$, code or card

Deus Ex PC download 10$ (matched Steam?)

Mass Effect 3 PS3/PC/360 w/ 10$ credit
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Yeah, its not that this thread is ignoring console deals. Its just that there are waaaaaaay more PC deals.

Allforce is a badass mutha' though, most of the awesome deals I've gotten on console games are thanks to him.

I TRIED SO HARD TO MAKE YOU HAPPY, SKULL!

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Uh oh...Uhhh...I did preorder Mass Effect for download on Amazon. How does the credit work?

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Bah, that KoA sale is xbox only :(

Yeah, I would have picked it up for 45 bucks if it was PC too. 40-45 is right at the price range I am looking to pay for it. Oh well, still waiting on a Steam sale.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Kaseius is also a scholar and a gentleman!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    both versions of castlevania just went up $5 (even though the ps3 version was already NOT on sale)

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Cantido wrote: »
    Uh oh...Uhhh...I did preorder Mass Effect for download on Amazon. How does the credit work?

edit: nvm! you should get it just fine. i'd message customer service.

Kaseius on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular

This game that has absolutely no relation to Gears of War (seriously wtf?) is really good and that price is amazing.

I think he was making a reference to God of War there. :)

But yeah, excellent game with a few issues, but I was happy with my collector's edition at full price.

• Options

Just ignore the DLC.

I'm not joking, pretend it doesn't exist.

God of War....

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular

You're a madman

Hit detection is a bit weird I suppose

but still, you're history's greatest monster.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular

You're a madman

Hit detection is a bit weird I suppose

but still, you're history's greatest monster.
    I just got it in the sale too and while I think calling it bad is craziness, it did seem to get a bit of a free pass with some of the wonky gameplay elements. During the kayran fight, I had the tentacles hit my spell trap directly over and over again and it just wouldn't "click," resulting in me dying over and over. I've had plenty of times when enemies just don't react to tactical spells at all, or have had the game just ignore the fact that I've rolled out of the way of an attack or hit an enemy directly. That's not "difficult design," that's "crap gameplay."

Still, the visuals and story and music and atmosphere really sell the game, I like it overall.

• Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    Ack, I was all ready to buy Saints Row The Third. I even went so far as to download the character creation pseudo demo to make myself a Sterling Archer to play as. This worked out amazingly well up until it took three attempts to make an account, all of which locking a username of mine without actually making the account until the third attempt. It says it uploaded, but when I try to log into the site it tells me my information is wrong. Oh, and the "Forgot Password?" button doesn't do anything. Oh, and I can't save the character locally.

Sorry THQ, no Archer, no sale.

Well. Until it hits like $15.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
This discussion has been closed.