As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Kitty [Chat]s!

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Well, my aunt is now officially about to die. My sister thinks it would probably be bad to let her kids see her in the terrible state she's in but I don't know, they have the right to say goodbyw at least, don't they?

It depends. It depends on a lot.

How old are the kids? How is she now - is she still mostly herself? Is she conscious?

I wasn't much more than ten when I saw one of my granddads not long before he died, and to be honest it didn't really help me much. He wasn't really there anyway, and it was mostly just sitting there, being sort of confused about what was going on my parents and the other grownup's heads, and sort of wishing I could be alone to sort my thoughts about it out.

She's conscious, just with a bunch of tubes sticking out of her. She has cancer, so she won't lose her faculties.

Her kids, one is 5 and the other is 9 or so. So I don't know. I mean, they love their mom.

And thanks Cass, I appreciate the thoughts.

They should see her. That is a shittastic thing to go through though

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    it's a browser MMO

if it's not the gameplay what on earth could it possibly be

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Gameplay ranks third in my book

Is this a srs

no it was wrong

fourth

1. Graphics - if it's pretty, I can forgive anything. If it's ugly, it kills it.
    2. Writing, plot and setting
    3. Je-ne-sais-quois
    4. Gameplay

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

Is this a srs

no it was wrong

fourth

1. Graphics - if it's pretty, I can forgive anything. If it's ugly, it kills it.
    3. Je-ne-sais-quois
    4. Gameplay

So you don't even know the 3rd ranking thing?

• Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    I think they should be able to see her. totally sucks though. =(

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    sometimes those browser / facebook style games are fun in a nostalgic way because they really are just slightly-modernized (sometimes very slightly) versions of BBS door games like BRE (for "strategy" ones) or LoRD / Usurper (for "rpg" ones).

Except for the facebook game Dungeons and Dragons: Heroes of Neverwinter.

That actually has a simple but reasonably satisfying SRPG at its core (as opposed to no game at all for every other facebook "game").

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    In this browser MMO there is now a "world raid" - which is a single boss erryone fights

there are over three thousand players figthing it and the top player has done 4.7 billion HP in damage

I've done 300k over two days

wonder if this thing can die

I can't think of something more boring than a boss fight that takes days and hundreds of thousands of players.

I imagine it shares the the breath taking fun of punching a brick wall for half a week.

I log in, do my clicking, then log out

I spend energy on missions and stamina on bosses

the missions progress and the writing there is amateurish but fun and the pictures are pretty so I keep going, and the boss fights lets me level up which instantly recharges everything which lets me get further in the missions.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I finally beat Borderlands in co-op with a friend! I'm only... let's see... 3 years late to the party.

you ready for borderlands 2

borderlands 2 is going to be tits

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    Abd, what are you playing?

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i wonder if the dragon age facebook game is still going

god what a chore that turned into

• Options

Is this a srs

no it was wrong

fourth

3. Je-ne-sais-quois
    4. Gameplay

So you don't even know the 3rd ranking thing?

No. I reserve that for reasons for liking something that are unknown to me. I get those a lot.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    I hate everything you stand for, Abdhyius.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »
    I would say having more than $40 in cash on you at any given time is a pretty good sign someone is very lower class.
    I try to keep about $100 on me most of the time.

It's handy for when most of your credit cards get stolen.

I have $105 in my wallet right now. This is unintentional. I do not use cash for anything.

• Options

I'm totally trying this when I get home.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    BREAKING NEWS: North Korea has launched a rocket into space containing a display sink from the bathroom appliances section of Home Depot.

More at 11.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Bastion excelled on all 4 counts

ME3 didn't get top marks in 1 and not very good marks in 4 but 3 was really good and 2 was through the fucking roof

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular

Did you play the little movie? It starts with a pretty lady then zooms out to a space ship a 4th grader made. :P

(I need a juice box to turn this frown upside down)

• Options
    I went to get a soda, but I forgot I didn't have any cash. I felt kind of bad for using a debit card for a $1 purchase. Then it turned out that someone was hogging up the one phone line they had so the cashier had to kick his coworker off the phone so the debit card transaction could proceed. I felt really bad after that.

Shitty sitcom life

• Options
    [/quote]

Did you play the little movie? It starts with a pretty lady then zooms out to a space ship a 4th grader made. :P

(I need a juice box to turn this frown upside down)

designed by a 4th grader and rendered by a capable artist

it's lovely

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I went to get a soda, but I forgot I didn't have any cash. I felt kind of bad for using a debit card for a $1 purchase. Then it turned out that someone was hogging up the one phone line they had so the cashier had to kick his coworker off the phone so the debit card transaction could proceed. I felt really bad after that.

Shitty sitcom life

You're the kind of person who writes checks at the supermarket

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Feral wrote: »

Shitty sitcom life

You're the kind of person who writes checks at the supermarket

I've never written a single check in my life.

• Options
    Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    Well, my aunt is now officially about to die. My sister thinks it would probably be bad to let her kids see her in the terrible state she's in but I don't know, they have the right to say goodbyw at least, don't they?

It depends. It depends on a lot.

How old are the kids? How is she now - is she still mostly herself? Is she conscious?

I wasn't much more than ten when I saw one of my granddads not long before he died, and to be honest it didn't really help me much. He wasn't really there anyway, and it was mostly just sitting there, being sort of confused about what was going on my parents and the other grownup's heads, and sort of wishing I could be alone to sort my thoughts about it out.

She's conscious, just with a bunch of tubes sticking out of her. She has cancer, so she won't lose her faculties.

Her kids, one is 5 and the other is 9 or so. So I don't know. I mean, they love their mom.

And thanks Cass, I appreciate the thoughts.

They should see her. That is a shittastic thing to go through though

I can't picture what it must be like.

I don't want to be there when they find out their mom is dead.

yGxvf.png
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    clocks all set to EST
    it's official
    i am a coast traitor :(

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    clocks all set to EST
    it's official
    It's okay.

We'll have the pitchforks, torches, and gallows ready for your return.

• Options
    Nova_C wrote: »
    A supermarket has one line for all their Interac/Credit Card transactions and voice calls?

Where do you live, the moon?

Not even nearly as close as that

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    A supermarket has one line for all their Interac/Credit Card transactions and voice calls?

Where do you live, the moon?

• Options
    So was I gone when the admins turned on the "randomly shuffle posts" option or something?

• Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    clocks all set to EST
    it's official
    best coast, you mean.

which means u live closer to me now... yayyyy!

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    BREAKING NEWS: North Korea has launched a rocket into space containing a display sink from the bathroom appliances section of Home Depot.

More at 11.

The satellite didn't get very far. Broke up less than a minute after launching.
    Yet again, this movie seems relevant.
    http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/501802

• Options
    So was I gone when the admins turned on the "randomly shuffle posts" option or something?

it was a package deal called Vanilla

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    it came along with non-toggleable drafts and "no we're not going to let you quote that" functionality

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i just got my ass beat in this medieval total war battle

i'm all ok i have these longbowmen, i'll mow down incoming infantry and when they get in melee range i'll switch to further targets. also i'll charge in half my swordsmen to each incoming line, and as my troops tire i'll commit the other half from the side

i got massacred

FUKK U AGINCOURT

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    East Coast is Beast Coast.

• Options
    when I am dictator of the world, I will abolish timezones

all clocks will be set so that the sunset is at the same time along the entire equator

just to fuck with people

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Organichu wrote: »

i'm all ok i have these longbowmen, i'll mow down incoming infantry and when they get in melee range i'll switch to further targets. also i'll charge in half my swordsmen to each incoming line, and as my troops tire i'll commit the other half from the side

i got massacred

FUKK U AGINCOURT

u suk

also do you like LOTR?

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

i got massacred

FUKK U AGINCOURT

medieval is fucking hard

I guess I would not make a good general

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

i got massacred

FUKK U AGINCOURT

medieval is fucking hard

I guess I would not make a good general

i guess i'm not sure how much i should pay attention to morale/freshness

every time my dudes got super tired i'd try to back them up and give them a break while committing other troops, plus move my general near them

but i feel like the time it took them to strategically retreat just had the french dicks hacking at my back

meh

• Options
    I tried Shogun 2 and just could not wrap my head around the battles. It's like the first two tutorial battles are super easy, then they give you ninjas and shit and I'm just totally lost.

Back to Mario Teaches Typing for me.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    msmya wrote: »
    clocks all set to EST
    it's official
    best coast, you mean.

which means u live closer to me now... yayyyy!

but thanatos says where you are is some sort of hell hole
    it managed to scar him and change him into the misanthropic curmudgeon we see today
    that scares me

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
This discussion has been closed.