As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GHOST/ECHO] Cathedral Hill

2»

• Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    "Shit guys, they are getting ready it seams." Demon starts to flex her body getting ready to start manipulating the spirit world soon.
    Alright in my opinion I don't think we are getting off the ground in this thing. That means we need to leave. I think we should try and make it to the cathedral as fast as we can, that is were the Beacon is. If we can get there we might have better protection from these shit head."

Demon starts muttering to herself "goddam it dad, where are you? Why can't you show up here when you are needed."
    Her demon father lives here in the Ghost world. After all what he is can't really exist in the real world. He is what you would call a "human" wraith. Demon has meet him before and he is one of the more powerful creatures here. Just doesn't help anyone. Ever.

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    weirdspaceshipsweirdspaceships i will eat your still-beating heart Registered User regular
    Nah, it wouldn't be a roll. Don't look for how to pigeonhole your action into one of the existing rolls - rather, if you're not doing one of the things that requires dice, then you're not rolling. You're just narrating.

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    edit

MrBody on
  • Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    "I'm not going to die in this stupid fucking broken ship. I say we make a run for the beacon."

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    so should I determine what's going on with the engine or wait on you?

I presume wait on you, but just double checking ;-)

• Options
    weirdspaceshipsweirdspaceships i will eat your still-beating heart Registered User regular
    No, you go ahead. It's your stuff, you get to pick! The only thing I care about as GM are:

- my NPCs
    - the dangers I pick
    - you guys rolling if you do one of the things that requires rolling

Your stuff, your powers, that's all on you. It's your ship! You fill in as many details as you want. The only time I get involved is when you start rolling dice. And you don't start rolling dice until I let you know. Narrate away.

• Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    " Well thats one.. What about the rest of you? Hull this is you tub after all you ready to leave it or are you gonna sit here and wait?"

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    "Nothing says we cant come back to it when it's daylight out. With all these dogs out here, I doubt scavengers would be willing to loot it tonight. We get done with this thing tonight and get back by morning, it should still be here." Coil wished he were more mechanically inclined at this moment. He wished he was a lot of things in a lot of other places at this moment. Too bad he didnt help his old buddy with his cars more often back in highschool... might have helped right about now.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    "So are we agreed? Make a run for it as a group?"

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Hull presses a button on an intercom nearby "The cylinders are blown to hell..... We aren't going anywhere" He sighs and presses down on the intercom button again "Heading back..."

• Options
    There's a crash against one of the windows. The reinforced glass starts to fracture. One of the dogs is ramming itself against it, and he's making progress. More dogs jump on top, trying to pry their way in. If there's a way out the back, like a service hatch, you can RUN and hopefully the dogs won't catch you.

So what's the plan? Now or never.

• Options
    Vixen clutches the pearl on her necklace, thinking of her grandmother, thinking of her past trying to calm down. "I'm going to try to send a flare up, something to distract the dogs to give us an opening to run for it, as soon as it goes off we have to run."
    Hope I'm doing this right. I am going to channel the ghost world to distract the dogs. Danger is facing a backlash, goal is to distract the dogs so we'll be able to make a run for it easier (is there anyway to use this to get a bonus for when we run in the game mechanics though?) Results are 3 and 3 so I partially distract the dogs and suffer some backlash.[/spoler]

• Options
    You can't get a mechanical bonus, no,but you can use it to set up in-fiction circumstances that give your characters an advantage that way. So you distract them, and that gives you the opportunity to run and to stay ahead because the dogs are preoccupied, all fine and good, it just doesn't reflect in the dice.

Also, tell me about the flare. You're doing that just fine, and the backlash means what you just did fucks up in some way, but nowhere near as bad as it could have. I'll tell you about the backlash below, but you come back after that and describe the distraction, the flare, how you do it, how it feels, etc. Just add some color to it. Then I'll tell you how the dogs react.

THE DANGER REMAINS: paranormal backlash (gets added to the table, check OP)

The jolt zips through you, Vixen, like a static shock gone bad, like a billion jolts coursing through you, only without the pain. Just sensation. And suddenly, around you, you see the metal of the ship, flickering in and out of existence, the way a light bulb goes from light to dark when it's about to bust for good. The metal keeps flickering in and out, about to go spectral. It won't stay that way forever, maybe a few minutes, maybe a few hours. But it's going to happen. But, hey, you needed to leave anyway, right?

Unfortunately, if the beacon plan goes south, you have no home base to run back to for a little while.

• Options
    You can't get a mechanical bonus, no,but you can use it to set up in-fiction circumstances that give your characters an advantage that way. So you distract them, and that gives you the opportunity to run and to stay ahead because the dogs are preoccupied, all fine and good, it just doesn't reflect in the dice.

Also, tell me about the flare. You're doing that just fine, and the backlash means what you just did fucks up in some way, but nowhere near as bad as it could have. I'll tell you about the backlash below, but you come back after that and describe the distraction, the flare, how you do it, how it feels, etc. Just add some color to it. Then I'll tell you how the dogs react.

THE DANGER REMAINS: paranormal backlash (gets added to the table, check OP)

The jolt zips through you, Vixen, like a static shock gone bad, like a billion jolts coursing through you, only without the pain. Just sensation. And suddenly, around you, you see the metal of the ship, flickering in and out of existence, the way a light bulb goes from light to dark when it's about to bust for good. The metal keeps flickering in and out, about to go spectral. It won't stay that way forever, maybe a few minutes, maybe a few hours. But it's going to happen. But, hey, you needed to leave anyway, right?

Unfortunately, if the beacon plan goes south, you have no home base to run back to for a little while.
    Vixen concentrates on the idea of food, on gorging herself. Remembering her thanksgiving meals with her family, being stuffed with turkey and potatoes and still going back for some pumpkin pie. Then she does her best to take those feelings of fullness, of food, and project them out somewhere else, anywhere then here or the path to the beacon, to try get the dogs to leave.

• Options
    There's scratching and pawing and growling, and then there's a quiet, a sense of peace. From the flickering hull, you see the dogs' eyes go from staring, surveying, to almost confused. They look at each other, they look around. They seem to lose interest in the hull, yipping their electric calls to each other.

They haven't abandoned you, but they're not trying to get in. One or two wander off, blinking off at random distances like time travelers. The rest stay, but remain curious instead of feral. Get too close, though, and they'll snap you in half.