Options

Thunder and [chat]

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    I'm in a lawyer cinema mood lately. Watching My Cousin Vinny tonight, watching 12 Angry Men this week. Good movies.
    My Cousin Vinny is pretty much the greatest lawyer movie ever made.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    the biggest thing the neurologist was annoyed over was that i eat extra strength tylenol like candy

That can also make your migraines more frequent.

yeah basically the first step in treatment is

stop eating tylenol all the god damn time

if it's bad enough take an amerge

see how that goes

Eating Tylenol regularly can seriously fuck up your liver too. After two weeks to taking high doses to keep a fever under control, I started getting back blood tests that indicated serious damage and abnormal function.

unbreakable3.jpg

How's your non-genital herpes?

what do half-woman half-bird things have anything to do with anything

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Weddings, like most things in life, are better if you bring down the merciless hammer of justice on any notions by your parents that their input is valued or encouraged.

TL DR on
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    syndalis wrote: »
    srs biznss.

But seriously. Wear the engraved ring they gave you. Take it to a jeweler at some point and rework the metal to get rid of the engraving and replace it with something at least marginally accurate. Maybe on the inside of the band, out of sight and mind.

Tell them to go fuck themselves on her ring, though. They have no place on that one.

It's on the inside of the band, and it's really not a big deal. It just reeks of, "I know you have an opinion on this thing you will wear for the rest of your life, but FUCK YOU DEE. YOUR OPINION DOESNT MEAN DICK TO US".

If her grandma says word-fucking-one about her bullshit fake ring, I'll lose my shit.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Just nod and smile and accept your ring, then pop it in a drawer and never speak of it ever again.

Also, just laugh and say no about their silly ideas about your fiancée's wedding ring.

There can be no smiles about the gatecrashing father though. Let it be known the terrible fate that awaits guests without invitations.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »
    I'm in a lawyer cinema mood lately. Watching My Cousin Vinny tonight, watching 12 Angry Men this week. Good movies.

were you guys around last night? this was a topic for a while

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    There's something about Americans and wedding ceremonies that has the rest of the world go "Ils sont fous <toc-toc-toc>".

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    srs biznss.

But seriously. Wear the engraved ring they gave you. Take it to a jeweler at some point and rework the metal to get rid of the engraving and replace it with something at least marginally accurate. Maybe on the inside of the band, out of sight and mind.

Tell them to go fuck themselves on her ring, though. They have no place on that one.

It's on the inside of the band, and it's really not a big deal. It just reeks of, "I know you have an opinion on this thing you will wear for the rest of your life, but FUCK YOU DEE. YOUR OPINION DOESNT MEAN DICK TO US".

If her grandma says word-fucking-one about her bullshit fake ring, I'll lose my shit.

Like, a big part of the wedding is her becoming of your family - it should not be her getting tied closer to them.

Their ring to her is bullshit. /ignore and act like it wasn't offered.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    when i find a lady i'm just going to be like

diamonds are evil and let's elope

and she's going to be super cool with it

Elendil on
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »

We went to some fire spinning thing a few months ago where people were doing this only the hoops were on fire.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Weddings, like most things in life, are better if you bring down the merciless hammer of justice on any notions by your parents that their input is valued or encouraged.

Yep.

Our is in less than 3 months, and while I appreciate any financial contributions they've been able to make, my fiancee and I make it clear that whenever we ask their opinion on a subject that A) We'll only respect it as their opinion, not their demand and B) We don't want their opinion on something we didn't ask them.

But at this point the details are pretty much locked down so everyone who has a problem can kiss my whole ass.

Also, hello again [chat]

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

:^:

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »

were you guys around last night? this was a topic for a while

Browsed [chat] while I was falling asleep. Caught a little bit of SiG live-blogging A Few Good Men.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2012
    the biggest thing the neurologist was annoyed over was that i eat extra strength tylenol like candy

see how that goes

Eating Tylenol regularly can seriously fuck up your liver too. After two weeks to taking high doses to keep a fever under control, I started getting back blood tests that indicated serious damage and abnormal function.

unbreakable3.jpg

how's your mother's? it will help me to model patient zero

Organichu on
  • Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular

Why else would Marisa Tomei have won that academy award for Best Supporting Actress if it weren't?!?

Although I did seriously enjoy the Herman Munster cameo, with the late Fred Gwynne coming out of retirement to play the judge.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    mrflippy wrote: »
    We went to some fire spinning thing a few months ago where people were doing this only the hoops were on fire.

Fire dancing is fucking awesome.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Elendil wrote: »

Mrs. DoctorArch was prepared for the "diamonds are evil" spiel and provided me with appropriate links to ethical diamond suppliers.

• Options
    Though I have to say, it's hard to compare my experience with Deebaser's because his wedding seems way more formal/traditional.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    The cost of diamonds compared to their prettiness is fucked up.

• Options

Mrs. DoctorArch was prepared for the "diamonds are evil" spiel and provided me with appropriate links to ethical diamond suppliers.

Canadian diamonds best diamonds.

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    I actually worked in the diamond industry briefly as part of a short term contract and had to learn all sorts of random stuff that I hope to use to remove the diamond from the wedding thing, if/when it happens

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    we are in the process of planning a wedding

her mother is already trying to sink her teeth into the planning process

ie

she wants us to have it where her family lives and where she's from

i think we will go someplace to get married

but not the place her mother wants us to

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular

did you not argue that by even ethically taking part in diamond culture that you were reinforcing the societal demand for diamonds

• Options
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

If they come from Africa we call them blood diamonds.

If they come from Canada, they are syrup diamonds? "Shiny hockey pucks?" Or were they just imported by the crazy unethical, crazy powerful De Beers cartel anyway?

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I don't know if I would want a diamond engagement ring

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

see how that goes

unbreakable3.jpg

how's your mother's? it will help me to model patient zero

Look, I warned you about her amputee fetish to save you, not suggest you tie a leg back and go pushing your knee in places.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »

ie

Get married in international waters. As part of a flotilla.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    I don't know if I would want a diamond engagement ring

Sapphires are nice.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

did you not argue that by even ethically taking part in diamond culture that you were reinforcing the societal demand for diamonds

Doesn't quite work in the face of "but it's sparkly" defense.
    Fake diamonds are even more sparkly, aren't they?

• Options

If they come from Canada, they are syrup diamonds? "Shiny hockey pucks?" Or were they just imported by the crazy unethical, crazy powerful De Beers cartel anyway?

Nah, mined IN Canada. The great white north.

Ice diamonds.

ie

So get this

We're having a destination wedding

As a result, the guest list is pretty short, due to the expense

So her mother insisted on a "home wedding" back on their ranch

We've argued her down to a reception, said she has to plan the whole thing

Calling it a victory

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    When I was sixteen, I was convinced I'd never get married.

When I was seventeen, I said I'd refuse an engagement ring but accept like, an engagement xbox or an engagement hd tv

Now I'm pondering whether I like diamonds or emeralds.

• Options

Doesn't quite work in the face of "but it's sparkly" defense.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    My girlfriend doesn't even have a wedding ring.
    Let's see how many people are confused by that statement...

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options

ie

@gooey fair warning, brah. Apparently, "what part would you like to BE INVOLVED with" is vague.

I recommend using "What the fuck are you paying for, cause your input will be strictly limited to those areas. I don't want to hear shit about flowers if I'm cutting a check to a fucking florist"

• Options

Nah, mined IN Canada. The great white north.

Ice diamonds.

Not bad. Not bad at all. I wish we had that sort of discernment as consumers, to say "I want the diamonds that came from Canada. And while you're at it, fill up the tank with some gas that came from Canada."

I don't know what megastore sells diamonds and gasoline at the same time, but you get my point.

• Options
    Out crazy them

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    My wedding is on Autopilot the fiancee is handling everything mostly.

Although she has asked me to help design my wedding band because its being custom made by her friend.

The only request I had my wedding band be Platinum or Titanium, no gold for me.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

When I was seventeen, I said I'd refuse an engagement ring but accept like, an engagement xbox or an engagement hd tv

And in a few years you will be all about what kind of ruffles will be on your dress, and how the exact shade of silver really matters for the invitations.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

I once heard a piece of advice that said: "No matter what she says otherwise, no matter how adamantly she says it, she want a big old diamond and a traditional wedding with roses and a huge white dress."

I've heard one or two refutations from personal experience and about 52,653 confirmations.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »

And in a few years you will be all about what kind of ruffles will be on your dress, and how the exact shade of silver really matters for the invitations.

nooooo

This discussion has been closed.