Options

Thunder and [chat]

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    My girlfriend doesn't even have a wedding ring.
    Let's see how many people are confused by that statement...

Jesus, her husband went cheap on her?

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    My wedding is on Autopilot the fiancee is handling everything mostly.

Although she has asked me to help design my wedding band because its being custom made by her friend.

The only request I had my wedding band be Platinum or Titanium, no gold for me.

Mine is a black tungsten carbide ring. I love it.

DoctorArch on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    When I was sixteen, I was convinced I'd never get married.

When I was seventeen, I said I'd refuse an engagement ring but accept like, an engagement xbox or an engagement hd tv

Now I'm pondering whether I like diamonds or emeralds.

And in a few years you will be all about what kind of ruffles will be on your dress, and how the exact shade of silver really matters for the invitations.

I have seen so many shades of purple in the past 6 months.

• Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

When I was seventeen, I said I'd refuse an engagement ring but accept like, an engagement xbox or an engagement hd tv

And in a few years you will be all about what kind of ruffles will be on your dress, and how the exact shade of silver really matters for the invitations.

I think you mean lilac, violet, and eggplant.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

It was lavender for me.

• Options

Although she has asked me to help design my wedding band because its being custom made by her friend.

Ayup, I'm going Tungsten for my ring.

I break things easily.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    God bless my wife for not dragging me along with her to the dress shop.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Shopping for a wedding dress will be awful because I don't think I could look good in any dress ever

maybe I'll just wear a barrel with straps

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I need someone to come over and shred this thing that I can't bring myself to get rid of. Zug zug.

• Options
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    when i find a lady i'm just going to be like

diamonds are evil and let's elope

and she's going to be super cool with it

Mrs. DoctorArch was prepared for the "diamonds are evil" spiel and provided me with appropriate links to ethical diamond suppliers.

Canadian diamonds best diamonds.

If they come from Africa we call them blood diamonds.

If they come from Canada, they are syrup diamonds? "Shiny hockey pucks?" Or were they just imported by the crazy unethical, crazy powerful De Beers cartel anyway?

Nah, mined IN Canada. The great white north.

Ice diamonds.

Not bad. Not bad at all. I wish we had that sort of discernment as consumers, to say "I want the diamonds that came from Canada. And while you're at it, fill up the tank with some gas that came from Canada."

I don't know what megastore sells diamonds and gasoline at the same time, but you get my point.

Well I confirmed (via the certification) that my fiancee's diamonds came from Canadian mines, but I have no idea where the gas comes from for the buses I ride.

Though I just generally assume Alberta, given we're producing it there.

That's probably a naive assumption.

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular

Mrs. DoctorArch was prepared for the "diamonds are evil" spiel and provided me with appropriate links to ethical diamond suppliers.

If they come from Canada, they are syrup diamonds? "Shiny hockey pucks?" Or were they just imported by the crazy unethical, crazy powerful De Beers cartel anyway?

Ice diamonds.

Not bad. Not bad at all. I wish we had that sort of discernment as consumers, to say "I want the diamonds that came from Canada. And while you're at it, fill up the tank with some gas that came from Canada."

I don't know what megastore sells diamonds and gasoline at the same time, but you get my point.

Well I confirmed (via the certification) that my fiancee's diamonds came from Canadian mines, but I have no idea where the gas comes from for the buses I ride.

Blood gas!

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular

Ice diamonds.

I'm aware of the certification and serial no. process. I'm also skeptical of it, if that makes any sense. De Beers has such control over the vertically integrated marketplace (and absolutely no sense of morality when it comes to profit-making) that they could just be telling people the diamonds came from X instead of Y. Which might even be the case, for all we know.
    Thomamelas wrote:
    It was lavender for me.

You got off lucky. Eggplant for me.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Though I have to say, it's hard to compare my experience with Deebaser's because his wedding seems way more formal/traditional.

Sort of. It's basically a brunch wedding with the kids and whatnot. It'll be very knot.com

Destination wedding is definitely the right decision.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i would like an adamantium wedding rind plz

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2012
    Gooey wrote: »
    migranes pretty much suck

i rarely get them but when i do it combines with my tinnitus and its terrible

Does this happen to you during Street Fighter? Is that why you are so terrible?

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    i want a wedding band made of carbon fiber

i need to be as light weight as possible

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

Heritage Plum
    Organic Wisteria

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    For some reason this always makes me think of Feral.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyP4pgxaL9w

• Options

That's our one piece of tradition! I'm not allowed to see the dress.

Which is fine, because I'm not terribly interested in it.

Until it's on the floor later, amirite? 8-)

I wish they had those names. I could visualize those names!

Nah, it's like "African sunset". Where the fuck is purple in an African sunset?!

It was lavender for me.

All I know is purple.

• Options
    Shopping for a wedding dress will be awful because I don't think I could look good in any dress ever

The patriarchy provides corsets.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Goddamnit, I just bit down hard on my inner lip while eating some grilled chicken.

That fucker is gonna become a mind numblingly painful mouth sore, I can feeel it.

Use alum on it if it does

• Options
    The community bit about colors was amazing.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I don't wear my wedding ring

yeah, neither does one of my good friends. it's weird!

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

• Options
    My brother's wife took 12 separate shopping trips, spread over about 6 months to find her dress.

My fiancee found hers in the 3rd store she visited, all in one day.

That's when I knew I'd made the right decision.

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    I'm in a lawyer cinema mood lately. Watching My Cousin Vinny tonight, watching 12 Angry Men this week. Good movies.
    My Cousin Vinny is pretty much the greatest lawyer movie ever made.
    were you guys around last night? this was a topic for a while
    I was playing ME3 last night. Best conversation:
    Shepard: So, when you returned to your people, they just accepted your proof that the Reapers were going to return?
    Legion: Of course.
    Shepard: Must be nice.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    ARE
    YOU
    SURE
    ABOUT
    THOSE
    FIVE
    MINUTES

• Options

That's our one piece of tradition! I'm not allowed to see the dress.

Which is fine, because I'm not terribly interested in it.

Until it's on the floor later, amirite? 8-)

why would you be interested in it when it's on the floor

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    also, skippy, sorry i was debbie downer yesterday. that one guy was like OH SURE YOU CAN PLAY KAYLE. WE CAN HAVE FUN AND NOT TRY. made me feel bad when i was already not in the best of moods.

• Options

I can understand not being into the whole big wedding thing but there is a ton of time of effort spent on designing wedding dresses that make women think they are beautiful on their wedding day. You might find yourself surprised.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular

Ayup, I'm going Tungsten for my ring.

I break things easily.

Tungsten ring hi5!

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options

AUBERGINE

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    All this talk about weddings and stuff makes me more determined never to have one

Luckily, for those that now my fiancee, this isn't something we have to worry about

The closest thing we have come to planning a wedding is "I guess we are going to buy a keg after we sign the papers? And maybe get some pizzas and go to seattle?"

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    the occasions when lol is truly frustrating: when my computer is fucking up. lag and crashes and shit really put me in a bad mood while playing vidya games.

• Options
    i wasn't in a bad mood, i just wasn't happy. lol actually cheered me up once that guy left like it usually does.

i know you rage at it, but i don't.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular

My wife and I both wear them outside of the house, but at home they just sit on the nightstand.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    also, skippy, sorry i was debbie downer yesterday. that one guy was like OH SURE YOU CAN PLAY KAYLE. WE CAN HAVE FUN AND NOT TRY. made me feel bad when i was already not in the best of moods.
    LoL is really not a game you should play when you're in a bad mood.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    migranes pretty much suck

i rarely get them but when i do it combines with my tinnitus and its terrible

Does this happen to you during Street Fighter? Is that why you are so terrible?

dynagrip you are so terrible at street fighter it physically pains me to play with you

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    it was like that guy saying THE META IS STABLE TAKE IT SERIOUSLY and then one other guy who is just awful at lol and i'm like we are never going to win. but they left then we won! DELICIOUS VICTORIES

• Options

yeah, neither does one of my good friends. it's weird!

when making friends here and in san diego, I have had two separate instances of my to-be friends giving me shit for it

and both times it was like, mind your own business fuckers

This discussion has been closed.