As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Blue Screen of [chat]

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    I enjoy solo queue LoL more than playing with PA folks.

are you a masochist?

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    abstinence-only sex education is weird

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Actually the best accent is the one from Bristol (a market town in fair Englandia, just across the sea border from the capital of the Welsh) and surrounding environments. They all, to a man, sound like peasant farmers who think they are pulling a fast one over you, the clueless visitor

Sometimes it veers towards pirate. It was hilarious throughout my years there. It also remained occasionally incomprehensible.
    I live next door to a peasant farmer in Somerset, and I can assure you, he will pull a fast one on you, the clueless visitor.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »

are you a masochist?

PA folks are dicks.

And they're dicks on voice chat, which about 10x worse.

And going in with a premade fucks with the matchmaking.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

are you a masochist?

PA folks are dicks.

I don't play with dickish PA folks.
    It's either Skippy, C Eddy, or emenmenmnemne

• Options
    Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »

It's bizarre to me because I went to a catholic elementary school and they taught us about condoms and pills and shit.

yGxvf.png
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I like LoL because I feel very zen while i play it. Focusing on last hitting is relaxing for me.

Then it gets exciting or you lose.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Admittedly my real problem with ME3 multiplayer is the ineffectivness of guns. And lag - living in Australia, lag blows and I have difficulty believing matchmaking makes any real effort to minimize it.

The guns get better with packs. But now that I'm getting better with adepts/sentinels I'm finding biotic explosions are the way to go. I managed a quad kill last night thanks to an Atlas. Four assault troopers clustered around it for cover. They got blown the fuck up.

I got a quad kill the other night playing with Preacher on my Vanguard. Charged in then Nova'd all day everyday. :)

The best I've managed with a gun is a triple kill with the Falcon. God bless tightly clustered Cannibals.

Soldier grenades. Quad kill erry wave.

• Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular

Listen, just don't do this thing that is so pleasurable and instinctive that it is tied to our success as a species for tens of thousands of years and counting.

Don't do it!

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Actually the best accent is the one from Bristol (a market town in fair Englandia, just across the sea border from the capital of the Welsh) and surrounding environments. They all, to a man, sound like peasant farmers who think they are pulling a fast one over you, the clueless visitor

Sometimes it veers towards pirate. It was hilarious throughout my years there. It also remained occasionally incomprehensible.
    I live next door to a peasant farmer in Somerset, and I can assure you, he will pull a fast one on you, the clueless visitor.

You know what, you may think I got a poor deal trading my trousers for the promise of a suit tomorrow, but afterwords I cut a fine dash upon the streets of Bristol, before I was arrested

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Drell Adept explosions lead to having the score of the 2nd and 3rd place people. Unless it's vs. the damned Geth.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    I have a kinda "I don't have to give a damn" attitude to solo queue that can occasionally make it more relaxing than playing with friends, as with friends you kinda have to actually try, and then if you try and your team still fails that ain't such a good feelin'. 8(

Though recently I've just stopped giving a shit about the outcome of a game when playing with friends, and a buddy and I just go for the duo kill lane bottom because loads of players think that just because the pros do 0cs support + ranged AD then it's uncounterable. Dem honkies gotta meets the J4 + Pantheon lane of DUNKMASTAS.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    I got a quad kill with batarian ballistic blades

preacher was down and i was running in to rez him, fired it off and picked him up

errybody blew up

i didn't see it on account of being a cool guy and not looking

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Admittedly my real problem with ME3 multiplayer is the ineffectivness of guns. And lag - living in Australia, lag blows and I have difficulty believing matchmaking makes any real effort to minimize it.

The guns get better with packs. But now that I'm getting better with adepts/sentinels I'm finding biotic explosions are the way to go. I managed a quad kill last night thanks to an Atlas. Four assault troopers clustered around it for cover. They got blown the fuck up.

I got a quad kill the other night playing with Preacher on my Vanguard. Charged in then Nova'd all day everyday. :)

The best I've managed with a gun is a triple kill with the Falcon. God bless tightly clustered Cannibals.

Soldier grenades. Quad kill erry wave.

It happens sometimes. Generally I reserve grenades for situations where I need a lot of damage right now. Like running into a pair of Ravagers. In silver they are simply too precious to waste simply because there is a nice grouping of cannibals.

• Options
    zeenyzeeny Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

are you a masochist?

PA folks are dicks.

I don't play with dickish PA folks.
    It's either Skippy, C Eddy, or emenmenmnemne

I haven't played with PA folks for a while but the once I played with from vent seemed pretty relaxed.

zeeny on
  • Options
    What the FUCK is up with uTorrent?

It keeps throttling my downloads to 9 kbps. It's been like this for weeks.

yGxvf.png
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    I'm curious now to hear what people think of my voice, and whether they could detect an accent. I haven't been paying much attention lately and I think some Texan might be slipping in there.

Did you pick up any Irish while staying there? I know I've picked up a bit of English in my accent since living here, which confuses people back home when I visit

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

I don't know, it kept doing that to me. It was driving me insane. To fix it I had to stop all my torrents, reboot my PC, then start up just the one I wanted to get. Eventually it stopped throttling and I could re-enable everything else. No idea what was going on.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular

Your ISP is onto you...

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    I got a quad kill with batarian ballistic blades

preacher was down and i was running in to rez him, fired it off and picked him up

errybody blew up

i didn't see it on account of being a cool guy and not looking

:^:

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    The best was Kakos and I deciding that we would pair up for biotic explosions. I'd warp targets, he'd throw. For the little mobs we'd deal with them on our own, but when the Banshees and Brutes would show up, we'd go to town on them.

• Options
    Best part of the wedding this weekend was getting a few votives at the end of the night, measuring it at home and finding out that it's exactly 3 ounces. 2 shots! Perfection! This changes everything.

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Ok does anyone know where I can buy AOC-USAS2-L8i adapters can not get raped on pricing, or am I being optimistic here?

A pair on eBay will set me back $450, but I'm thinking that's really just amortized shipping at this point since every site in the US ranges from $80 shipping to $350 shipping (lol).

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

utorrent itself doesn't throttle. Your ISP will, though. The only suggestion I can make is that under Options>Preferences>BitTorrent, you make sure protocol encryption is set to "forced" and the "allow legacy connections" box is unchecked.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options

My parents told me that they don't want me fucking, but if I fuck, be sure to use a condom.

I don't understand why schools can't just incorporate that into health education.

Tell them that having a baby sucks, not being able to go to college because you knocked some girl up at prom will hinder your chances at success in life and p much guarantee the cool kids will make fun of you at the five year reunion. Having an abortion sucks. There are diseases out there that will make your dick fall off. If you bone, use a condom. Juno is a terrible movie.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012

Listen, just don't do this thing that is so pleasurable and instinctive that it is tied to our success as a species for tens of thousands of years and counting.

Don't do it!

this is my beef with it

people have been doing it since the beginning of history

literally

people have been doing it forever

that is how we are all in existence right now

from people doing it.

if we were promoting abstinence on the front that children who are still developing psycologically aren't emotionally equipped to deal with a sexual relationship, i would agree

but just telling people to not do it is insane

like, tell kids that the only way to 100% prevent disease is to not do it, and that they most likely aren't ready for that kind of involvement - but if you do - here's what you need to know to keep yourself safe!

i am not sure what is so controversial about that

infact it seems like it would be a good middle-of-the-fairway for sex ed

i remember for instance our sex ed teacher going over condoms, and at one point she jokingly said "baby I'm too big for a condom" in this jockish voice, then proceeded to roll a condom over her fist and down her forearm, and the class erupted in laughter

i guarantee nobody in the class accepted that excuse from some dude ever, and was therefore safer!

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    I don't understand why schools can't just incorporate that into health education.

Why would you be under the impression it's the school's choice and not very, very conservative forces at work?

• Options

utorrent itself doesn't throttle. Your ISP will, though. The only suggestion I can make is that under Options>Preferences>BitTorrent, you make sure protocol encryption is set to "forced" and the "allow legacy connections" box is unchecked.

I recently switched ISPs and it continued like that. Also it appears to be a common problem, just looked it up.

yGxvf.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

I should make sure mine is set like that. Throttling is the wrong term but for me, it started using very large amounts of RAM and nothing would download at a reasonable speed. I checked my connection for evidence of throttling and it was fine. It was just uTorrent not, I guess requesting additional pieces or something.

• Options

My parents told me that they don't want me fucking, but if I fuck, be sure to use a condom.

Tell them that having a baby sucks, not being able to go to college because you knocked some girl up at prom will hinder your chances at success in life and p much guarantee the cool kids will make fun of you at the five year reunion. Having an abortion sucks. There are diseases out there that will make your dick fall off. If you bone, use a condom. Juno is a terrible movie.

That was my Dad's stance. My Mom's was that I should wait until marriage. My thought during that discussion was that perhaps this would have gone better if she had spoken to me the month before.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

Because parents/politicians/retards don't want it to be health education. They want teenagers to think sex is horrible and wrong. These are the "AIDS was punishment from God for unnatural acts" people.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options

I don't know, it kept doing that to me. It was driving me insane. To fix it I had to stop all my torrents, reboot my PC, then start up just the one I wanted to get. Eventually it stopped throttling and I could re-enable everything else. No idea what was going on.

Man, I have too many things open. I'm not gonna reboot.

yGxvf.png
  • Options

Man, I have too many things open. I'm not gonna reboot.

Well, the reason I had to reboot was uTorrent wouldn't actually close. I'd tell it to quit and it never would. Killing it via task manager did nothing at all. The reboot was the only way to force it to start fresh.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Is the port open according to uTorrent? I stopped trying to port forward manually and just turned UPnP on so uTorrent could automatically create the rule itself.

• Options

I recently switched ISPs and it continued like that. Also it appears to be a common problem, just looked it up.

Hm. In that case, is the port utorrent uses open on your router? Check your Up/Down limits too. A lot of times, if you leave your "upload" setting on unlimited, people downloading from you can flood the connection, which will force your download speed into the basement. Limit your upload speed to 10-20k/sec and downloads shouldn't have a problem.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular

The thing is that when people talk about comprehensive sex education, I think there are a lot of ignorant yokels out there who think they mean "tell kids to fuck as much as they want, that a condom makes it okay!"

We had comprehensive sex education in my middle and high schools, and they said "abstinence is the only really safe sex" millions of times. Over and over again that was repeated, drilled into our fucking heads. But then they moved on to "but if you do have sex, here is how you make it safer."

That is the standard, usual way in which sex ed is taught. As far as I know, there isn't any sex education program that consists of "everyone should be having sex all the time, use condoms."

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    i remember for instance our sex ed teacher going over condoms, and at one point she jokingly said "baby I'm too big for a condom" in this jockish voice, then proceeded to roll a condom over her fist and down her forearm, and the class erupted in laughter

i guarantee nobody in the class accepted that excuse from some dude ever, and was therefore safer!

That's a funny mental image, but it's not a very good demonstration. People shouldn't use inappropriately-sized condoms. They don't feel good and they're more likely to break. Your penis is more sensitive fist, and you're not subjecting that (now-overstressed) condom to friction and heat.

It would have been better if she had shown the different sizes of condoms available and just said, "If you're a big guy, buy the large ones."

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    it looks like they revamped the LoL UI with larger text

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    oh god this would be such a great job but I'm not even close to qualified

• Options

Hm. In that case, is the port utorrent uses open on your router? Check your Up/Down limits too. A lot of times, if you leave your "upload" setting on unlimited, people downloading from you can flood the connection, which will force your download speed into the basement. Limit your upload speed to 10-20k/sec and downloads shouldn't have a problem.

I limited the upload speed.

It's weird though, downloads start at high speeds and after 10 minutes or so they just go down to 9 kbps.

yGxvf.png
This discussion has been closed.