Options

[chat]!

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    The worst thing about Sylvanas is that "Undead Matriarchy" is apparently not a real and valid form of government in real life

Why would I want to vote when I could revere an immortal empress?

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Why would Steve Carrell ever go back? He's a real movie star now and has been for a while.

Not a very good one mind you. But a movie star none the less.

In fact lets have some real talk. His only good movies are 40 Year Old Virgin (Heretofore known as Elendil: the Movie) and Anchorman

Dan in real life was okay.

He's been in a few decent other things too.

Little Miss Sunshine was a horrifying movie, but not a bad one, and Carell's performance was good in it.

Indie movies only a step above cancer

Little Miss Sunshine was fantastic, and got a pretty wide release if I remember so I don't know that I'd call it indie.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    Speaking of indie movies, I just watched Knuckle.

It's a documentary about these feuding Irish families who just beat the hell out of each other in bare knuckle contests for generation after generation for reasons they can barely remember.

It is even more awesome than it sounds.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Surrealitycheck, I appreciate your post in the film thread.

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Man, moving desks highlighted just how much crap I've accumulated over the past few years at this place.

three spare PC's, a KVM switch, about seven keyboards, oddles of cables, power strips in the worlds least useful daisy chain... I think I have a problem,

sig.gif
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Okay, go to vertebrate embryology to watch the cool but not on the test human development video, or skip that class to study for my lab exam later today?

Tribes

This is like waving a wine box around in front of an alcoholic.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Okay, go to vertebrate embryology to watch the cool but not on the test human development video, or skip that class to study for my lab exam later today?

Tribes

Something that is equally hilarious.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Barely slept last night. This has started happening way too often.

Goddamnit.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

Tribes

No, even alcoholics have standards.

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    I am headed to California this afternoon, so of course, this morning, we're having problems with our voice mail system.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    grooveshark just doesn't get me.

• Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    Sparvy wrote: »
    Yvraps

kind of works?

I want to find a new nick, but it just seems like such a hassle.

How about CommanderBinky

Appears to be taken already.
    sparvy i shall make one for you

sillyballetjellyfish

done

Yeah, uh ehm...

I'll keep it in mind :lol:

But really, I wasn't really looking for suggestions. The hassle is more that I have used this nick for a few years now it so feels weird to just change it. Even if it is stupid

• Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Tribes

I can't tell if you are condemning tribes, wineboxes, or me with this statement.

• Options
    I have completely finished two entire chapsticks in a row without losing them.

Truly I am a god among men.

• Options
    I have completely finished two entire chapsticks in a row without losing them.

Truly I am a god among men.

How much lipstick is on these chapstick tubes.

Be honest.

• Options

Tribes

I can't tell if you are condemning tribes, wineboxes, or me with this statement.

All of the above.

• Options

Tribes

Yes.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    cB1OW.jpg

• Options
    I tried the demo for Sniper Elite V2 last night. I like the sniping parts, don't like the sneaking parts. A modern, good, sniper fps would be cool, but most of the sniper games are total shite.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    ye thom theyre being dumfucks

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    I tried the demo for Sniper Elite V2 last night. I like the sniping parts, don't like the sneaking parts. A modern, good, sniper fps would be cool, but most of the sniper games are total shite.

First Person Sniping.

20 minutes of tense silence, then a soft *crack* noise from far away, screen goes red, and a message "YOU HAVE BEEN ELIMINATED".

This sounds terrible.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Why would Steve Carrell ever go back? He's a real movie star now and has been for a while.

Not a very good one mind you. But a movie star none the less.

In fact lets have some real talk. His only good movies are 40 Year Old Virgin (Heretofore known as Elendil: the Movie) and Anchorman

I'm going to argue that he was awful in Anchorman. Like just... just really bad, by comedic standards; sure he made greek life and teenagers everywhere forever tattoo the phrase "I Love Lamp" onto their collective lower backs, but is that truly indicative of a good performance? The only parts I thought were comedically valid were the grenade scene and his intro.

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options

Tribes

All of the above.

Hey, tribes is a good game!

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    logically there would be a progression to the maximum number of fps so your brain is having to do zero interpolation and everything is fluid and real

i dont think those guys realise how hard it makes looking at fast moving things in a film at 24 fps

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    I like both high quality so-beautiful-you-feel-bad-drinking-it wine, and boxed wine. They both have their ... uses

• Options

I'm going to refuse to research this game or even look at screenshots before posting. This will be awesome. Questions abound:

- Isn't sniping pretty much standard fare for an FPS these days?

- So this is just more "snipery" than games that already have a sniping component?

- Assuming that means you have to adjust for wind, and you hear Marky Mark's voice after a successful headshot.

- Somebody put the word "elite" in the title, which means the game is probably meant for teenagers who put windows and neon lights in their rigs. Or else got banned from their favorite TF2 server for aimbotting and need a far more single-player experience to work out some aggression before dinner. Mom's making meatloaf again.

- I bet it sucks due to all of the above.

• Options
    ye thom theyre being dumfucks

"THIS SHITTY VISUAL ARTIFACT IS WHAT MAKES FILM FILM!"

No, it's just fucking judder.

• Options
    logically there would be a progression to the maximum number of fps so your brain is having to do zero interpolation and everything is fluid and real

i dont think those guys realise how hard it makes looking at fast moving things in a film at 24 fps

This number is 60 fps, right?

• Options
    Alright so facebook is basically tumblr reposts now, but this one was particularly funny to me

http://whatshouldwecallme.tumblr.com/post/21727669410/studying

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    also, IFRS is crap

• Options
    Eddy wrote: »
    I like both high quality so-beautiful-you-feel-bad-drinking-it wine, and boxed wine. They both have their ... uses

There is literally nothing wrong with the quality of a great many boxed wines, just as there is nothing wrong with the quality of wines that use alternative stoppers other than cork, like plastics and screw-tops. It varies regardless of packaging materials. Public perception is really skewed on this one.

I'm saying this as a longtime wine drinker who knows his palate and would like to kick the concept of wine snobbery right in the dick if that were possible.

• Options

I'm going to refuse to research this game or even look at screenshots before posting. This will be awesome. Questions abound:

- Isn't sniping pretty much standard fare for an FPS these days?

- So this is just more "snipery" than games that already have a sniping component?

- Assuming that means you have to adjust for wind, and you hear Marky Mark's voice after a successful headshot.

- Somebody put the word "elite" in the title, which means the game is probably meant for teenagers who put windows and neon lights in their rigs. Or else got banned from their favorite TF2 server for aimbotting and need a far more single-player experience to work out some aggression before dinner. Mom's making meatloaf again.

- I bet it sucks due to all of the above.

Sniping components of games like Call of Duty are not exactly what I had in mind. Like, the sniping mission in Modern Warfare culminated in a shot with no bullet drop and an inability to compensate for wind. Basically, the only way to successfully complete the mission was to wait for no wind and put your crosshairs directly on a target a mile or more away and watch as the bullet traveled on a line straight trajectory.

I do a lot of long range precision shooting and would like a sniping game in which you have to deal with wind, bullet drop, etc. Sniper Elite does this.

Also, something interesting my friend and I discovered while filming some of stuff out on my uncle's farm - at 400 yards, the camera could not pick up the crack of the rifle (We set up a camera looking at the targets out in the field). The only sound was the *piff* as the bullet struck the paper or the *thunk* when it hit the watermelons we occasionally set up as targets.

• Options
    Eddy, I regret that we don't live close enough to each other to drink together.

• Options
    I'M SAYING I LIKE TO GET CRUNK

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    thanatos aren't you visiting new york again soon

• Options

There is literally nothing wrong with the quality of a great many boxed wines, just as there is nothing wrong with the quality of wines that use alternative stoppers other than cork, like plastics and screw-tops. It varies regardless of packaging materials. Public perception is really skewed on this one.

I'm saying this as a longtime wine drinker who knows his palate and would like to kick the concept of wine snobbery right in the dick if that were possible.

On the subject of wine snobbery:

On spring break I went to a vineyard for some wine tasting with my dad, and while we were there the owner was coming around and doing his "make you feel special and exclusive" bit. He told us a bunch about how the vineyard was really green and a bunch of different recycling and self-sufficiency things they were doing and that was all good and what-not and then he mentioned that they used "homeopathic techniques" and I had to hold my breath for the rest of the spiel. This got hard when he was talking directly to me about how the youth these days are more interested in wine than back in the day.

• Options
    tyrannus wrote: »
    thanatos aren't you visiting new york again soon
    Unfortunately not. My best college buddy who lives there moved to fucking Houston, without even considering how that would affect me. Bastard.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

Barefoot4lyfe

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

Hey now, I have blue neon fans in both my gaming rigs. All the blue neon, damnit. My shit glows like whoa.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    winky its probably not

its probably different for different people and different for different types of visual analysis

for example, your brain interpolates moving object position already just using your eyes, so theres an argument for just going as high as possible to make it so the only interpolation happening is the neural stuff

also no serious wine drinker thinks that screwtop wines are all shit unless theyre mega pretentious nerdlords

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
This discussion has been closed.