As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

D'aww [chat]

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I'm rarely in that situation (like, once or twice ever), and I just held it when that happened.

you're a weirdo

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    I love how some guys approach urinals, or more accurately, they see one guy already standing at one of three urinals and turn to the stalls. But the stalls are occupied. So they freeze for a half second, then turn and walk out.

Who would I tell if I did notice your tiny dick? Why would I care enough to look? I would like to think I would be very tactful if I did sneek a peek (regardless of what your packing).

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I love how some guys approach urinals, or more accurately, they see one guy already standing at one of three urinals and turn to the stalls. But the stalls are occupied. So they freeze for a half second, then turn and walk out.

Who would I tell if I did notice your tiny dick? Why would I care enough to look? I would like to think I would be very tactful if I did sneek a peek (regardless of what your packing).

Some people have a general sense of modesty and/or nervous bladders.

• Options
    Variable wrote: »
    I'm rarely in that situation (like, once or twice ever), and I just held it when that happened.

what situation? needing to piss when you're not at home?

needing to piss when there's no stall available, i guess

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I used to get in trouble for sneaking books under my desk and reading during class.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I don't want kids of my own because there's an uncountable number of situations I don't want to deal with. Top of the list would be a kid that I can't control. That's terrifying to me, that I'd want to yell or punish in any sort of way but it would not only be painful to have to do but literally entirely ineffectual. I guess I mean a kid with some sort of problem, not just a dick. It might just be my current immaturity but that's not something I think I could deal with properly.

but I don't hate kids at all. Not crazy about babies but only because they're gross.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    All kids are terrible, except when I was a kid, because i was the best kid

(i was the worst kid)

still the worst kid

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »

what situation? needing to piss when you're not at home?

needing to piss when there's no stall available, i guess

yup

• Options
    nexus i've decided what i'm bringing to your place

(hint: it's covered in hair)

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    Also kids don't even really bother me much. Fucking teenagers. Ugh.

Hur hur let me throw rocks at cars and break bottles in the parking lot and put bottle rockets in someone's muffler/gas cap.

They're showing off to their peers. A teenager alone won't cause mischief. Six teenagers together will burn your house down.

I'm apparently a racist according to my friend because I called the cops on six black kids throwing rocks at car windows in the parking lot a few weeks back. And then they smashed their bongs on the ground when the cops showed up.

Their parents are awesome though.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    I have never used a urinal

not once

really? that's weird

That IS weird. They're very convenient and they have nice smelling urinal cakes to hide odors.

I can't pee in front of people, so I avoid urinals.

Fool! You've divulged your one weakness to your greatest archenemy.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    They're showing off to their peers. A teenager alone won't cause mischief. Six teenagers together will burn your house down.
    This is a pretty hopeful attitude.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    @Echo that 60fps one does give quite the impression that it's spinning faster

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    I grew up in the woods, so peeing on stuff was just how life was.

They need urinals that look like they have trees inside.

Wait wait

You pitch it to boutiquey places as "eco friendly"

I smell money

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    One day the teacher calls me to school because she's worried about Lillith.

"She sits alone and reads during recess. She never socializes with any of the other kids in the class, and she doesn't seem to have any friends."

And I'll pat Lillith on the head and say, "That's my girl."

This is what I want out of a child.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »

Wait wait

I smell money

Men's Wilderness Romp -->

<-- Women's Secret Garden

Please fertilize only in the mushroom patch

• Options

Wait wait

I smell money

Money-scented urinal cakes for people who like to say they took a piss on capitalism.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I got into a lot of fights too but that's because I was bullied a lot.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    nexus i've decided what i'm bringing to your place

(hint: it's covered in hair)

You don't have to shave it all off, but a little trimming is never a bad idea.

• Options
    I lost those fights until I got old enough that a year or two difference in age wasn't an insurmountable disadvantage.

• Options
    i guess you were all good kids, huh. buncha little geniuses!

i had to read a lot for religious study, but i also got in a lot of fights. i probably wasn't perfectly behaved but i wasn't a bully. i just had a lot of pride and would smack the shit out of kids who fucked with me.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I was loud and obnoxious and playful and a chatterbox until about ten or so, and then I went through an experience that shut me up until I was a teenager.

• Options
    I would get punished for NOT hitting kids.

That is how good I was.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »

Seven teenagers together will destroy the Earth.

• Options
    it has been brought up to me a number of times that people without kids will often have strong opinions about how kids should be raised, or what behavior is acceptable

I'LL NEVER LET MY KID BE LOUD IN PUBLIC OR WATCH TEE VEE

and I guess that changes right quick when you actually have one

• Options
    Feral wrote: »
    One day the teacher calls me to school because she's worried about Lillith.

"She sits alone and reads during recess. She never socializes with any of the other kids in the class, and she doesn't seem to have any friends."

And I'll pat Lillith on the head and say, "That's my girl."

This is what I want out of a child.

I get where you're coming from entirely but that would make me nervous too

although yeah that's how I was until like 7th grade, read my books and did really really well in school and that was it.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    yeah skippy most parents are bad

wat of it

LOL

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    i'd probably hope my kid would be intellectually curious but also social and friendly

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

Wait wait

I smell money

Money-scented urinal cakes for people who like to say they took a piss on capitalism.

Yes! YES!

Someone get Marketing in my office ASAP

And tell the Department of the Treasury they'd better fire up the dollar printing machines now because the economy will need 'em once they see this in action

• Options
    it has been brought up to me a number of times that people without kids will often have strong opinions about how kids should be raised, or what behavior is acceptable

I'm not above using Benadryl and schnapps to sedate my children if they're being unruly.

Not really Xanax though.

Well, maybe a little Xanax.

• Options
    Time for my silly temp agency interview thing. Later folks.

• Options
    Bethryn wrote: »

Seven teenagers together will destroy the Earth.

Seven teenagers from around the world are slowly traveling, converging to a single point

the point: the yucatan peninsula

the time: december 2012

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    I had a grand total of one punch ever thrown at me as a kid. I was mocked mercilessly from the time that I was about in third grade until about my junior year in highschool. I was called faggot and a girl (because of my hair). I spent a great deal of time though with my small group of friends and largely ignored the culture outside of that. I suffered socially, but not overly much I don't think. I was bullied a bit, but never physically. I was also a very well behaved kid and teenager. I was late home once ever without calling, and I never got into drugs or anything.

Of course I was a generally bad student, and lazy as all get out. But I was very mild mannered. I like to think that I'm still that way today, but I'm afraid that sometimes I recognize how the world has affected me. I'm not as naive, not as innocent, and a little less hopeful. I do try to reclaim that though, because it's something that I've always liked about myself.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options

i have to imagine some parents stick to their guns

many of those people probably suck!

• Options
    i'd probably hope my kid would be intellectually curious but also social and friendly

yeah ideally they pop out a perfectly well formed human

then I'd just go take a nap

• Options
    It's weird seeing pee on things that don't normally have pee on them

almost

fascinating

• Options
    edited April 2012

i wonder what percentage of parents stick to their guns

Organichu on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Feral, I will unfurl to you the secret of kids

it is so easy

they're in a hurry to be grown-ups. that's all there really is to it. when you and I read and were polite to our elders, we were just aping different kinds of adult behavior than our classmates who were playing house or kickball or whatever. every kid with a stick and a ball is Jose Canseco in his head.

if you're ever stuck with a bored nine year old who won't just sit down and read a book and you don't know what to do, just teach him something in the guise of letting him in on some sort of arcane adult secret. show him how to boil water for pasta or check the dipstick on the car or run a virus scan or something.

• Options
    I had a grand total of one punch ever thrown at me as a kid. I was mocked mercilessly from the time that I was about in third grade until about my junior year in highschool. I was called faggot and a girl (because of my hair). I spent a great deal of time though with my small group of friends and largely ignored the culture outside of that. I suffered socially, but not overly much I don't think. I was bullied a bit, but never physically. I was also a very well behaved kid and teenager. I was late home once ever without calling, and I never got into drugs or anything.

Of course I was a generally bad student, and lazy as all get out. But I was very mild mannered. I like to think that I'm still that way today, but I'm afraid that sometimes I recognize how the world has affected me. I'm not as naive, not as innocent, and a little less hopeful. I do try to reclaim that though, because it's something that I've always liked about myself.

in defense of those bullies, your hair is pretty gay

This discussion has been closed.