As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Que veux-tu, [chat]? Happy May Day!

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    And Donald Glover would be an AWESOME Peter Parker

• Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    So what we've learned is that even an ironic and insincere Dr. Who argument is still nerdy and obsessive as fuck.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    I guess I could explain myself this way. Because Dr. Who represents an image. For me that image is "eclectic eccentric British male"
    You gotta realize, I'm the guy who scoffed when they killed Steve Rogers when I'm not even that emotionally invested in the character, because Captain America IS Steve Rogers. Nobody else can be Captain America.

Batman IS Bruce Wayne.

Nobody else can be Batman.

Spider-Man IS Peter Parker.

Nobody else can be Spider-Man.

Dr. Who IS "eclectic eccentric British guy"

It's a lot less about the fact that there needs to be a dick in that I have pretty boring and unwavering opinions about my heroic archetypes.

What if he regenerates into a transgendered person who is biologically female but still has a male mind? Would that be okay? (not intended to be as snarky as I realize it seems)

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    man i am dumb

i am like a diabetic shovelling down ice cream

i need a live in nanny clearly

:(

What's wrong? Do you want to talk about it?

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    I guess I could explain myself this way. Because Dr. Who represents an image. For me that image is "eclectic eccentric British male"
    You gotta realize, I'm the guy who scoffed when they killed Steve Rogers when I'm not even that emotionally invested in the character, because Captain America IS Steve Rogers. Nobody else can be Captain America.

Batman IS Bruce Wayne.

It's a lot less about the fact that there needs to be a dick in that I have pretty boring and unwavering opinions about my heroic archetypes.

YOU ARE THE REASON DONALD GLOVER DIDN'T GET PICKED FOR SPIDERMAN.

As long as he's called Peter Parker and has Peter Parker's origin I don't give a fuck about skincolor son so you're WRONG.

What about Robin, Ludious?

Do you not care about who Robin is behind the mask?

Batman is not Bruce Wayne, Batman is a vigilante with a cowl. And gadgets.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    TIMELORD PROCREATION DEBATE

God

I need to admit something incredibly nerdy so that I can then point to this debate and still seem unnerdly by comparison

• Options
    Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular
    I think a female Doctor would be fine, not HBC, but a female doctor would be fine.

Man, HBC is perfect for that role. Why do you disagree with this obvious truth?

Man I am so sick of this woman. She plays the same gimmick in everything!

yGxvf.png
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    I think a female Doctor would be fine, not HBC, but a female doctor would be fine.

You seem to be confusing opinions with truth. I think she's too big for the role. HBC ten years ago? Sure, but not now.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    The hipsters I know just wear really long scarves and collect novelty candy.

YOU DID NOT JUST IMPLY WHAT I THINK YOU IMPLIED! Because if you did imply what I think you implied, I will fly to Alaska to rip your balls off and shove them down your throat. RAAAGGGEEE!

I'm just saying that The Doctor has made questionable fashion choices long before Matt Smith was even born.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    man i am dumb

I assumed she was literally shovelling down ice cream.

I do that sometimes.

Someone else be as sad as I am, please.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Organichu wrote: »
    Chu you won't get to see The Hobbit in 3D.

i haven't even read the hobbit since i was a kid. i am not all that taken with tolkien.

You won't get to see ANY movie in 3D

EVER.

that is correct

everyone tells me it's overrated though so i'm not too bummed

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    oh god Blacklight Retribution is fucking incredible.

<3 AAA F2P games

• Options
    And Donald Glover would be an AWESOME Peter Parker

God yes he would

I wish that petition was still going

Or, like, that Marvel assassinated key members in Fox and got all their other franchises back

If I saw the headline "DONALD GLOVER PLAYS SPIDERMAN IN THE AVENGERS 2" I could die happy

• Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular

Batman IS Bruce Wayne.

What if he regenerates into a transgendered person who is biologically female but still has a male mind? Would that be okay? (not intended to be as snarky as I realize it seems)

This is getting really terrible.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    chu has not actually watched doctor who to my knowledge

he mad trollin

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    btw

it's been mentioned in Doctor Who on more than one occasion that Time Lords can regenerate into a different gender or ethnicity

The Corsair, an old associate of the Doctor, was sometimes a woman, sometimes a man

when the Doctor first regenerated into his 11th form (the current one) he was touching his physical features to figure out his appearance (wasn't a mirror nearby) and he ran his fingers through his long hair and went "I'm a GIRL?" in a horrified tone because clearly he has a preference on the subject, even if it's possible for that to go awry

(there's a running gag where the Doctor keeps hoping next time he will regenerate as a ginger)

• Options

Batman IS Bruce Wayne.

This is getting really terrible.

No, fuckin', I had to sit through Happy Dog Vagina Face and The Incredible Adventures of Ball Sweat and Gold Bond.

You all shut up and wait your turns.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular

i haven't even read the hobbit since i was a kid. i am not all that taken with tolkien.

EVER.

that is correct

Everything else? holy shit so awful.

yGxvf.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Black Clark Kent.
    Latino Bruce Wayne.
    Asian Steve Rogers.
    Middle-Eastern Emma Frost.

• Options

EVER.

that is correct

Yeah, shit is generally pointless

• Options

EVER.

that is correct

You are correct. 3D movies are more expensive and rarely add anything to the experience. And often detract from it.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Women can't be THAT doctor.

Why not?

Because that doctor is a male. Pretty much this is going to go horribly and it's going to get into heternormative this and blah blah blah that hippy bullshit.

Look. If I am a misogynist for this one, pin the label on me. But let's skip the argument and get right to the conclusions.

This is why I like you, Ludious.

Interesting side note: it's also how he approaches sexual relations...

• Options
    edited May 2012
    also

in Ultimate Spider-Man, Peter Parker is dead and Spider-Man is Miles Morales

in DC, Dick Grayson has on-again-off-again been Batman at various points, particularly when Bruce Wayne was thought dead (but wasn't)

Jean Paul Valley was also briefly Batman for a while when Bane broke Bruce's back, but since everyone hated him and was like "where the fuck is Bruce" they changed that and brought Bruce back

and Terry McGinnis is future-Batman in the Batman Beyond series, after Bruce retires

so basically Ludious you are full of poop on this subject

Pony on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Ultimate_Comics_Spider-Man_Vol_2_6_Textless.jpg

Not Peter-Parker

Don't get me started with the clones. That is an hour lecture MINIMUM!

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    spool32 wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Women can't be THAT doctor.

Why not?

Because that doctor is a male. Pretty much this is going to go horribly and it's going to get into heternormative this and blah blah blah that hippy bullshit.

Look. If I am a misogynist for this one, pin the label on me. But let's skip the argument and get right to the conclusions.

This is why I like you, Ludious.

Interesting side note: it's also how he approaches sexual relations...

Somehow I respect him even more now.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

Batman IS Bruce Wayne.

Bucky Cap was pretty good.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    @deebaser needs to show us all what a hipster looks like again.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    man i am dumb

No I'm in a perfectly good mood I just had a hissy fit last night and then I pulled an all nighter and now I am reading a fucked up confessions thread on reddit because I have to fill the time until it's a decent time to sleep

• Options
    edited May 2012
    desc wrote: »
    TIMELORD PROCREATION DEBATE

God

I need to admit something incredibly nerdy so that I can then point to this debate and still seem unnerdly by comparison

Definitely time to play the queen of spades. Lud opened with the ace, you can pretty much ditch anything in your hand at this point. Time to dump some high cards, this is Lud's trick!

spool32 on
  • Options
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Black Clark Kent.
    Latino Bruce Wayne.
    Asian Steve Rogers.
    Middle-Eastern Emma Frost.

There's no point in just

Wait

Middle eastern Emma frost

Okay never mind green lighting all of these

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular

Well a male archetype doesn't mean a white archetype. Also Donald Glover would have been an awful choice. An one-dimensional actor at the head of a franchise? That would be like putting Michael Keaton as Batman.

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Jacob or Thom or any comic book nerd, could you find the classic ad where a shrimpy guy and his best gal are at the beach when a bully kicks sand in his face? Then the shrimp gambles a stamp and bulks up with a mail order gym?

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    man i am dumb

No I'm in a perfectly good mood I just had a hissy fit last night and then I pulled an all nighter and now I am reading a fucked up confessions thread on reddit because I have to fill the time until it's a decent time to sleep

So much incest D:

• Options

Man I am so sick of this woman. She plays the same gimmick in everything!

Ummmmmm
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XnCQtvhwdc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QW-c6PcZT4

Helena Bonham Carter is just like Johnny Depp in that they actually have amazing range they just get type-cast into the same roles over and over.

• Options
    man i am dumb

Fucked-up-confessions-thread-on-reddit-bro high-five!

• Options
    fun fact: There's been 4 dudes to take up the mantle of the Flash

Jay Garrick, Barry Allen, Wally West, and Bart Allen

and there's been like 5 Robins (Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, Tim Drake, Stephanie Brown, and Damien Wayne)

so maybe people who aren't comic book fans should stop talking out they'se ass about subjects beyond them

• Options
    @Winky she was great as Ophelia. Amazingly, that's my favorite Hamlet.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    nerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrds

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Jacob or Thom or any comic book nerd, could you find the classic ad where a shrimpy guy and his best gal are at the beach when a bully kicks sand in his face? Then the shrimp gambles a stamp and bulks up with a mail order gym?

1940s.jpg

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »

Well a male archetype doesn't mean a white archetype. Also Donald Glover would have been an awful choice. An one-dimensional actor at the head of a franchise? That would be like putting Michael Keaton as Batman.

Apparently someone didn't watch Mr.Mom or The Dream Team.

I need a t-shirt that reads "ask me about 80's movies"

This discussion has been closed.