As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A [chat] Unlike Any Other

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    I wanna play Sid meiers piraTes so bad right now

Port Royale 3 just came out via Steam. Haven't played it yet but #2 was a like a more modern (in terms of graphics / complexity) of Pirates.

Thank you sit, I will buy this with a swiftness

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    That Thor moment is one of my favorites.

Someone really needs to go back in and re-ink and re-color that whole run. It's classic stuff but that shitty paper was just eye-searing.

Yeah, it's pretty bad in the reprints. But the writing is so good.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Well there is a D&D thread about the Falkland islands and people keep talking about it so I assume something is going on.

Not that I'm aware of. The Falklands War was 22 years ago, and England basically decimated the Argentine army and air force using one aircraft carrier, some transport ships, a few harriers and an expedition force of marines. There was one major incident where a lot of British troops died to a bombing run by the Argentine air force, but for the most part, it was a total embarrassment for the Argentine military junta.

The Falklands War was actually 30 years ago. *Pushes up glasses*

I'm interested that they spent money on an advert for the olympics which said "To train for the games on British soil, we train on Argentine soil", and filmed a dude jogging around the Falklands.

Yeah, my math is terrible. I knew what year it was, but uhh, sort of forgot this is 2012.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Well there is a D&D thread about the Falkland islands and people keep talking about it so I assume something is going on.

Not that I'm aware of. The Falklands War was 22 years ago, and England basically decimated the Argentine army and air force using one aircraft carrier, some transport ships, a few harriers and an expedition force of marines. There was one major incident where a lot of British troops died to a bombing run by the Argentine air force, but for the most part, it was a total embarrassment for the Argentine military junta.

You're well behind the times.

the most recent development was an ad for the Argentina olympic team titled "Playing on British Soil, Training on Argentinean" which was covertly filmed in the Falklands.

The Argentinean ambassador was also a dick to the UK's ambassador the other day saying something like "are you ready to talk about peace yet?"

...but this has been going on for a while? Argentine and the UK have been spiky as shit to each other since the Falklands War. I guess with the Olympics this year, it's ratcheting up.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I never had an iPad.
    :(

hahhah I confused you with someone else and still made you feel terrible.

:bz <-- apology bee!

spool32 on
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    By which I mean this: The bloodiest and most difficult-to-forgive mistakes get made when we forget that we are all, whatever the role we choose in this particular transaction, in each other's hands. By all means, care about football—I do, despite all the above-enumerated reasons not to and, often, despite myself. And of course choosing to care doesn't mean that we're specifically beholden to Junior Seau or Peyton Hillis or anyone else any more than they're beholden to us—we are all of us free agents, we can choose freely to watch or play. But we betray them and ourselves both when we choose not to care, when we casually saw away at the artery that binds us and them, when we deny the relationship between our choice of entertainment and its costs, and justify all that with whatever solipsisms and tough-talking cop-outs most swiftly get us out of range. When we do this, we give cover to those who violate the trust of the humans who depend upon them to be trustworthy, and we implicitly make possible more of those violations and worse by not explicitly saying that they must stop. We betray so much so casually when we choose to forget about the only thing that's really worth caring about, which is the only thing we've all got, which is each other—which is all of us, all of us together or all of us lost.

Hmm.

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Just dumped the buggy rum Bottle in the toilet.
    SEND ME ANOTHER!!!

• Options
    OK look this is amazing, I don't care who you are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wToYujbHG20

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Wow, the UI for Endless Space really is beautiful.

• Options
    Spool you best be keeping your early evening free Sunday for mass effects.

I has cravimgg

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    urrgghhh I hate it when companies go "hey this shit is free on iphone/android" "oh, you don't have either? go eat a bag of dicks"

What's free for the android?

*has an android*

The Mass Effect 3 backup apps, for one. Well, two. But since you don't play it, it doesn't much matter.

Oh. Well then there goes my hard on for free stuff :|
    um i don't think girls get hard ons

right

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    I love the Garth Ennis Thor moment when he says "Tis on!"

Also, my commendation pack had a Crusader in it. Thats the one that sucks, right?
    it's not great

but it's no eagle

(depressed eagle II owner)

I got a hurricane.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    urrgghhh I hate it when companies go "hey this shit is free on iphone/android" "oh, you don't have either? go eat a bag of dicks"

*has an android*

The Mass Effect 3 backup apps, for one. Well, two. But since you don't play it, it doesn't much matter.

right

:winky:

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

I've been eyeballin' that. How is it?

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

You're well behind the times.

the most recent development was an ad for the Argentina olympic team titled "Playing on British Soil, Training on Argentinean" which was covertly filmed in the Falklands.

The Argentinean ambassador was also a dick to the UK's ambassador the other day saying something like "are you ready to talk about peace yet?"

...but this has been going on for a while? Argentine and the UK have been spiky as shit to each other since the Falklands War. I guess with the Olympics this year, it's ratcheting up.

They're not about to go to war or anything, but Argentina hasn't been this stupid about the whole thing for a while.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i am literally depressed about getting a second eagle

i haven't played ME3 since

it's just

ugh

i played gold for hours last weekend trying to get everybody shit

and i got a fucking eagle for my trouble

fuck this gay earth

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »

Man I hate free stuff that requires me to have other things.

A friend gave me a PS3 for my birthday and I was all "this takes electricity? fffffffffffffffff"

It is irritating when companies prioritise an app for a specific platform over a usable mobile site. Especially when there's no reason whatever the app does couldn't be replicated by a normal website.

That's true.

I'm having that discussion with my bosses right now, actually.

The only reason we've talked about an app at all is because one of our partners is really pushing for it.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Spool you best be keeping your early evening free Sunday for mass effects.

I has cravimgg

I'm down, mos def.

Edit: Elendil I feel your pain... also got the damned Eagle in my reward pack. :(

spool32 on
  • Options

I've been eyeballin' that. How is it?

I've only played for a few minutes reading the tutorial, which hasn't bored me yet. Everyone is saying it's really polished and the UI is one of the best 4x UIs ever.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    i am literally depressed about getting a second eagle

i haven't played ME3 since

it's just

ugh

i played gold for hours last weekend trying to get everybody shit

and i got a fucking eagle for my trouble

fuck this gay earth

Hey, buddy.

I got an Eagle too.

We're in this together.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    When will they invent a box of orange juice large enough for a grown ass man?

I want a 2L sized tetra pak box of orange juice with a straw as thick as my arm!

*Hammers desk with manly fist*

I guess all I need is a big straw and a carton of orange juice... never mind, false alarm.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular

*has an android*

right

Wide on.

• Options
    Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular
    Mim watch Avatar so I can bother you about it.

I need you to do this

yGxvf.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    fuck I got food on this shirt

it's casual friday and I have very few properly fitting tshirts anymore

Guess I'll have to stop by the store on the way home and get an avengers tee.

8->

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    I haven't gotten my pack yet.

Fingers crossed for Valiant II.

• Options

*has an android*

right

They're called sherections.

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited May 2012

*has an android*

right

Wide on.

Depth on
    Deep on
    The Cave from Empire Strikes Back on
    *shrug*

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    Also this music is pretty cool.

• Options
    e-1301282813.png

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    I didn't even get a Victory Pack despite taking time out of my incredibly limited weekend (I worked 12 hour shifts saturday and sunday) to finish a Gold game on my fiancee's account and my account.

She got her pack (she got her third Valiant, a gun she barely uses) and I got NOTHING

so

fuckin'

cry me a river with your fuckin' Eagles

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

Man I hate free stuff that requires me to have other things.

A friend gave me a PS3 for my birthday and I was all "this takes electricity? fffffffffffffffff"

It is irritating when companies prioritise an app for a specific platform over a usable mobile site. Especially when there's no reason whatever the app does couldn't be replicated by a normal website.

That's true.

I'm having that discussion with my bosses right now, actually.

The only reason we've talked about an app at all is because one of our partners is really pushing for it.

That's why we developed an Android app. We get some performance benefits on the iPhone/iPad by going as an app over the mobile version of our web client, but for Android performance will be the same. And yet people demand apps.

• Options
    I remember when this would get all the ladies on the dance floor. Badass grinding groove... ahh, oldschool beastie boys. Soundtrack of the party!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5pvxgWJnws

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    I like to think that Harry Wiltshire is what you would get if you made Hunter S Thompson a professional athlete:

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/news/teams-and-riders/q/date/2012/05/01/harry-chicken-feet-six-inch-heels-and-the-olympics

• Options
    Fuck this UI is so slick. It's all shiny and everything is animated. I feel like I'm in the year 2012.

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    who wants to play ME3 in a bit

• Options
    @Pony, my brother didn't get his for a while after I got mine. Maybe when you go back it'll be there.

• Options
    By "partner" I don't mean like a partner in the firm.

I mean another company we do b2b stuff with.

They really really really want to develop a mobile app for us and I really really really think it's a waste of money.

• Options
    Apparently you can terraform colonized planets into new types that are inhospitable to what's living there :D

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Does it make me a monster that I sort of really hate Superman and Superman II more as time goes on?

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    broke out a sample I've always wanted to use of this preacher saying "what about Pythagorus?!"

may have made the song!

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
This discussion has been closed.