As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[HBO] Game of Thrones S2 on Sunday; spoilers abound, no tags; NO BOOKS

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Also, this was the second funniest facial expression of the episode (Jaqen H'ghar wins, obviously):

6ghc7s.jpg

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    One thing that I will say that not a lot of people have mentioned is that Dany came off as really obnoxious and somewhat clueless in this episode. Which I guess is part of the point.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    jackisreal wrote: »
    Honestly I was expecting Osha to be a little more wild down there, if you know what I mean

Immersion BROKEN

I referenced this, but check out Ygritte's teeth. Same deal.

Truth! I was too distracted by the weirdness of the situation to notice but now that you mention it...the wildling king must give a great dental plan to his employees.

Well, she's pretty young too. And she's doubtless got a pretty simple diet, before processed sugars and sticky starches were ubiquitous in diets people's teeth were often not actually all that bad, at least in terms of cavities

Man, this show's cinematography is just head and shoulders better than last season. That whole riot scene was intense as hell, with a fair bit of hand-held right in it, which is something GoT never used to do. The whole sequence was well done, where you can just sense that a crowd is going critical and turning into a mob, and the ratchening up tension right before things explode. It starts out with just some generic cat calls with people laughing in response, and then the yells start picking up and nobody's laughing anymore

And Joffrey's actor REALLY deserves to pick up a best supporting actor nomination at the very least.

EDIT: Oh, also I really loved how the kingsguard went very Secret Service with Joffrey, just tucking him under an arm and dragging him along while shielding him.

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Also, this was the second funniest facial expression of the episode (Jaqen H'ghar wins, obviously):

6ghc7s.jpg
    Oh boys will be boys!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Well, she's pretty young too. And she's doubtless got a pretty simple diet, before processed sugars and sticky starches were ubiquitous in diets people's teeth were often not actually all that bad

The odds of them being perfectly straight and that color are... let's go with low.

• Options
    Mad King GeorgeMad King George Registered User regular

6ghc7s.jpg

"You think she's cute, just wait 'til you get a load of the girl I brought back!"

• Options
    Well, she's pretty young too. And she's doubtless got a pretty simple diet, before processed sugars and sticky starches were ubiquitous in diets people's teeth were often not actually all that bad

The odds of them being perfectly straight and that color are... let's go with low.

Sure they're too white, but perfectly straight is hardly THAT uncommon without braces

Besides, super white teeth make it easier to blend into the snow when you're talking, so it's no doubt an evolutionary feature of the wildlings :)

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options

6ghc7s.jpg

A single picture doesn't really do it justice, it's hilarious how she just kinda keeps smiling at him a bit too long

Partially it's "Nice to see you" but mostly it's "yes I see what you're doing, and no you cannot tap that"

• Options
    jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Kana wrote: »

Sure they're too white, but perfectly straight is hardly THAT uncommon without braces

Besides, super white teeth make it easier to blend into the snow when you're talking, so it's no doubt an evolutionary feature of the wildlings :)
    So THAT'S why Jon Snow can't kill her!

He just gotta find out where the Crest at

jackisreal on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    So, quick poll of the thread.

Did Littlefinger notice it was Arya, or did he dismiss the servant girl as such?

I mean, the two had very little interaction in season 1, with Littlefinger noticing Sansa far more than the other and most of Arya's time being spent with Syrio, but still... he's the type to notice nobles and their children and file that information away for later use.

Also, a shame Arya had to blow her second wish on a guy that Tywin seemed prepared to kill anyway.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Regarding Sandor

What did Tyrion say to him after he rescued Sansa. And Sandor responded "I didn't do it for you." or something to that effect.

I couldn't hear what Tyrion said. I know he wanted to rescue Sansa... but wasn't sure if it was related to that or if he had another request and Sandor was ignoring it.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    Regarding Sandor

What did Tyrion say to him after he rescued Sansa. And Sandor responded "I didn't do it for you." or something to that effect.

I couldn't hear what Tyrion said. I know he wanted to rescue Sansa... but wasn't sure if it was related to that or if he had another request and Sandor was ignoring it.

I think it was just "Well done, Clegane." or "Thank you, Clegane." or something to that effect. A very simple and personal thank you. Which is kind of huge, considering how much they play up the two of them disliking each other.

So, after everything goes to hell in King's Landing (which looks to be happening sooner rather than later) I'm thinking Tyrion, Bronn, Shae, Sansa, and the Hound take off for adventures in the hinterlands while Cersei, Joffrey, and the rest get strung up by their grobjes.

• Options
    Egos wrote: »
    Regarding Sandor

He said "Thank you, Sandor."

• Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    I am very pleased with the recent increase in Joffrey slappings.

• Options
    Taramoor wrote: »

Did Littlefinger notice it was Arya, or did he dismiss the servant girl as such?

I mean, the two had very little interaction in season 1, with Littlefinger noticing Sansa far more than the other and most of Arya's time being spent with Syrio, but still... he's the type to notice nobles and their children and file that information away for later use.

Also, a shame Arya had to blow her second wish on a guy that Tywin seemed prepared to kill anyway.

I don't think he did, although he seemed a bit "gosh, that girl looks vaguely familiar..." But then it's got to be damn hard to concentrate on anything else when Tywin Motherfucking Lannister is sitting across the table from you, so I thought it played pretty naturally that he wouldn't think about the servant. Of course even if he did, it's just going into the "littlefinger plots for another day" filing cabinet. Or maybe he'll assume that Arya stark is being held incognito by Tywin Lanister as a prisoner. Either way I don't think Littlefinger's going to pipe up about it until he maximizes the potential Littlefinger gain.

• Options
    I think he got it at the very end, but it was left deliberately vague.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Taramoor wrote: »

I don't think he did, although he seemed a bit "gosh, that girl looks vaguely familiar..." But then it's got to be damn hard to concentrate on anything else when Tywin Motherfucking Lannister is sitting across the table from you, so I thought it played pretty naturally that he wouldn't think about the servant. Of course even if he did, it's just going into the "littlefinger plots for another day" filing cabinet. Or maybe he'll assume that Arya stark is being held incognito by Tywin Lanister as a prisoner. Either way I don't think Littlefinger's going to pipe up about it until he maximizes the potential Littlefinger gain.

Littlefinger serves littlefinger, and he gains nothing by saying that she's there

The things he knows that people don't know he knows is like, all of his power

override367 on
  • Options
    LucidLucid Registered User regular
    Honestly I was expecting Osha to be a little more wild down there, if you know what I mean

Immersion BROKEN

The real immersion breaker is the absence of visible breath in the beyond the wall scenes.

• Options
    Lucid wrote: »

Immersion BROKEN

The real immersion breaker is the absence of visible breath in the beyond the wall scenes.

That shit's filmed on location in Iceland. Sooo

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    The Icelanding was done on a soundstage. Confirmed.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LucidLucid Registered User regular
    Hmm. I must admit I'm not all that aware of the technicalities of breath in harsh climate. I'm just going by my experience living in the frigid north(canada).

• Options
    Probably something to do with the limited light available on the Iceland shoots, so it didn't really show up. Or something.

Certainly not an issue of the cold, because it was definitely proper cold.

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Melisandre is really, really dorky. I have no idea what that accent is supposed to be, but I wouldn't follow her to K-Mart, let alone in worship of the Kwisatz HaderachCthulhuR'hllor.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    SLAP!

Someone update the gif, stat!

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Operative21Operative21 Registered User regular
    I must say, I'm really digging the scenes with Tywin/Arya. There's just something wonderful about watching the interplay between two very clever individuals.

• Options
    One thing that I will say that not a lot of people have mentioned is that Dany came off as really obnoxious and somewhat clueless in this show. Which I guess is part of the point.

fixed that for you.

I love how so many people in ruling positions have no fucking idea what they're doing (Dany, Theon, Joffrey).

And yeah, Tonks was hot.

• Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    edited May 2012

I have straight teeth and never had braces, though I have a crossbite.

I think the amount of people who have a perfect bite with naturally straight teeth (without braces) are probably low, and in medieval times everyone had (what we would call) varying degrees of dental issues. I guess they might have been able to pull wisdom teeth back then, but I don't know.

Heisenberg on
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    Melisandre is really, really dorky. I have no idea what that accent is supposed to be, but I wouldn't follow her to K-Mart, let alone in worship of the Kwisatz HaderachCthulhuR'hllor.

Dorky? She's sexy as hell.

• Options
    Zephyr_FateZephyr_Fate Registered User regular

You should re-read Dune because the Kwisatz Haderach isn't even close to a God. :P

• Options
    PoultryGeistPoultryGeist The Ghostly Chicken Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Much better episode than last week.

Favourite characters list is now
    Tyrion
    Tywin
    Jaqen
    Hound

Also, a warning, my flatmate has decided to read ahead in the books - we tried to have a discussion about what was going on and it turns out that things in the book are different or happening in a weird order or something so we can't actually talk about any of it now (which I find extremely annoying) so beware trying to even minorly chat about any show stuff with a booky!

PoultryGeist on
    IcdplGM.png
  • Options
    ComradebotComradebot Lord of Dinosaurs Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Oh Theon, you make me wanna discuss the books.

To SE++! Unless youre stronger than me and can resist reading ahead or seeking out a spoiler or two.

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    theon is such a douchebag, god this is going to end so fucking badly for him

also

fucking warlocks stole the dragons, right?

815165 on
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    815165 wrote: »
    theon is such a douchebag, god this is going to end so fucking badly for him

also
    fucking warlocks stole the dragons, right?

Spoil that shit.
    Yeah pretty sure they took them. The guy carrying the dragons seemed to be walking with his arms stretched out like a cross for no reason. Also I remember the illusionist mentioning the tower.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    I like any scene where The Hound reminds us of how badass he is. I put it up there with any scene involving Tyrion reminding us how witty he is.

And I'm pretty sure Little Finger figured out who she was. His attention was more on her than Twyin.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    YarYar Registered User regular
    Yar wrote: »
    Littlefinger warned him not to trust him.

Yeah, that's what assholes say.

No wei, if you warn someone not to trust you, then you're free to stab them in the back without any moral culpability.

• Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    What was written on the paper that Arya stole? I failed to read it and i missed most of the conversation between Tywin and Littlefinger because I was so focused on Arya trying to avoid being seen.

PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    When Sansa was about to get raped, I was hoping it'd be Syrio who rescues her..too good to be true I guess :(

Maz- on
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Fireflash wrote: »
    What was written on the paper that Arya stole? I failed to read it and i missed most of the conversation between Tywin and Littlefinger because I was so focused on Arya trying to avoid being seen.

Robbs troop movements.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    I like any scene where The Hound reminds us of how badass he is. I put it up there with any scene involving Tyrion reminding us how witty he is.

And I'm pretty sure Little Finger figured out who she was. His attention was more on her than Twyin.

Yea, that sly smile of his was convincing enough for me. I was waiting for a prolonged stare from him towards the end of the scene as she walked away or something though.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    So can anyone update dat gif?

KoopahTroopah on
This discussion has been closed.