Kickstart my heart

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    what is the point of that watch

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »

my guess is that you get to customize the display and it looks like it was built that way no matter what you do because e ink owns

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular

my guess is that you get to customize the display and it looks like it was built that way no matter what you do because e ink owns

pretty much

got a whole bunch of displays and it can sync to your phone i think

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Buttlord wrote: »
    i mean i could fund a kickstarter to make a documentary about diarrhea

who

gives

a fuck

Get Morgan Freeman to narrate.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I had one of those watches damark.

Then Vivienne dropped it.

Now I don't have a watch.

• Options
    agoaj wrote: »

who

gives

a fuck

Get Morgan Freeman to narrate.

"Joe sits on the toilet for the fifteenth time today. He's only been up for three hours and he's already defecated seventeen pounds of raw sludge, food that had been in his digestive tract far longer than it had any right to be."

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    And the problem with kick starter is the same as the problem of any website.

People just post shit on their.

It's not the fault of the website.

It's the fault of humanity.

And as such. The genuinely cool stuff gets stuck in a pile of tremendous shit.

Saying that while I don't view kick starter as a place to browse. If you can advertise people to go to it it's pretty cool.

• Options

who

gives

a fuck

diarrhea is one of the biggest killers in the undeveloped world so lots of people maybe?

• Options

who

gives

a fuck

diarrhea is one of the biggest killers in the undeveloped world so lots of people maybe?

my point is that calling kickstarters for MLP docus disgusting is stupid

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Clearly the only people who like MLP are pedophiles or have some other mental defect.

It can't just be young adults liking a kids show

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Artreus wrote: »
    Clearly the only people who like MLP are pedophiles or have some other mental defect.

no see because it's for GIRLS and BOYS watch it they're probably chimos

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Granted, there is a really gross segment of the fan base out there.

I just think loudly proclaiming how disgusting and fucked up any and all fans are is weird. Just

Dont go looking for weird mlp fetishes?

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Bronies are weirdos from another planet but it's funny how much ire a children's cartoon raises in people

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    It ain't like you're getting strapped down Ludovico style and being forced to watch the show

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012

tumblr_m454skrNIj1qb2ehwo1_500%5B1%5D.png

#pipe on
  • Options
    #pipe wrote: »

tumblr_m454skrNIj1qb2ehwo1_500.png
    fixed it

and every fandom has fucked up fans

there's a lot of crazy toku fans and it's worse when the current kamen rider is set in a high school but i still watch that shit!

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Yes #pipe there are MLP fans who are really fucked up we know.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    That tumblr, I can't stop looking at it. It's giving me that feeling when you look at collections of terrible things and start to see everything you've ever done as terrible.

• Options
    That tumblr, I can't stop looking at it. It's giving me that feeling when you look at collections of terrible things and start to see everything you've ever done as terrible.

it's lovecraftian

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    I hate this thread now

thanks Legba

• Options
    you can pick anything you like and go to rule 34 and someone will have ruined it

• Options
    ReginaldReginald When I am Pres., I will create the Department of ______Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    And the problem with kick starter is the same as the problem of any website.

People just post shit on their.

It's not the fault of the website.

It's the fault of humanity.

And as such. The genuinely cool stuff gets stuck in a pile of tremendous shit.

Saying that while I don't view kick starter as a place to browse. If you can advertise people to go to it it's pretty cool.

Incorrect usage of their. You should start a kickstart page because of this.

Just kidding. I agree with you.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Even after reading every entry on that blog Kickstarter has not replaced the TF2 workshop in terms of people taking something nice and ruining it with cynical attempts to make a ton of money.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    I am mystified by the perceived need for multiple MLP brony documentaries, but then again I can imagine the crews of said documentaries having a giant Anchorman-style rumble in order to decide which one will continue filming and that makes me feel better.

• Options
    It has now been 0 days since we have talked about shitty my little pony fans.

• Options
    EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular

it's lovecraftian
    One day I will wake up, look in the mirror, and see a Christian Rock/Rap band from Southwest Virginia and Northeast Tennessee. It was me all along.

• Options
    ReginaldReginald When I am Pres., I will create the Department of ______Registered User regular
    My last post was shit, and I dislike it. Anyways, with Kickstarter, I think the community moderates it pretty well. I am concerned about the 100k kickstarts that get 7 mil from it, because oh shit they just inherited a whole ton of legal responsibility.

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    I sponsored a soap company

Still haven't got my soap

• Options
    How were they going to soap different Sheri?

This reminds me.

I just buy soap.

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    How were they going to soap different Sheri?

This reminds me.

I just buy soap.

I dunno

I just like soap

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I had one of those watches damark.

Then Vivienne dropped it.

Now I don't have a watch.

D:

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    A guy who made some freeware interactive fiction I really like (Andrew Plotkin) did a kickstarter for an iPhone text game with a funding goal of $8,000. He raised $31,337, I was happy.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    I mean I love De Lancie to death and I like MLP as a fun show but, I don't know, this just feels weird.

I mean, he did have a role in the show itself.

as a Q-like character.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    EDIT: Never mind. :?

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    TenTen Registered User regular
    Apparently we're not supposed to link to the Kickstarter projects, though I'm not sure why, surely it doesn't count as site whoring unless it's our own site?

Anyway, I was pleased to see Republique reach it's funding, and all these adventure game revivals have me pledging like crazy. I'm disappointed with the tiers on the new Space Quest one though, wanting me to pay an additional $15 for a digital download if I pay out $100 for the physical boxed copy.

• Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    Yeah, I don't agree with that decision, but that's what I was told by the mods.

• Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    A guy who made some freeware interactive fiction I really like (Andrew Plotkin) did a kickstarter for an iPhone text game with a funding goal of $8,000. He raised $31,337, I was happy.

This is seriously cool. I've been getting into IF and Andrew Plotkin is pretty great. Did he suggest that the game might be released on more platforms since he overshot his goal by so much?

• Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Oh, in less mockable Kickstarter news, the Grim Dawn kickstarter is about to hit its final 24 hours.

Grim Dawn, other than having the most generic name for a video game ever, is the spiritual sequel to Titan Quest, from some of the folks who used to work at Iron Lore. Only replace "Ancient Greece" with "Vaguely Lovecraftian Victorian steampunkish-ness".

• Options
    ProprietyPropriety PAX Pokemon League Leader! Registered User regular
    I really rather like Kickstarter, but it's somewhat disappointing sometimes watching worthwhile things not get funded.

There's a kickstarter up right now for ClassRealm, the gamified classroom management system designed and being used by a 6th grade teacher in Indianapolis that made a huge splash on the internet a few months back. Now they put up a Kickstarter and they're getting hundreds of likes but virtually no one's pledging anything. Probably because their rewards are sub-par.

Which has made me realize that the success of Kickstarter is not just that it allows you to give money directly to an artist/developer/whatever to fund a project, but that it allows you to buy overpriced merch, knowing that the money is going directly to them. It seems like without that tangible reward, people aren't inclined to actually give.

Otherwise why the heck is Classrealm at 11k after nearly two weeks?

That guy with the ridiculously long scarf at PAX. Say Hi!
    Love Pokemon? Going to PAX Prime/East/Aus/South? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!!!