As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Kickstart my heart

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    who the hell would rather have Lovecraftian Victorian Steampunk over Greek mythology

seriously, what

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I was paging through kickstarter and came to the conclusion, with shirts and what not.

If you did smart, targeted marketing.

You could sell quite a bit of merch.

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Farewell to Fear sounds really interesting, but I still don't know I want to support it. I really like the idea, and obviously want to support inclusiveness and changes to RPG/Fantasy tropes whenever possible--also I love Guestbook RPG, and Kicking Historical Asses is really fun, so Machine Age has a very good track record with me--but I haven't been sold on the system behind it yet.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    who the hell would rather have Lovecraftian Victorian Steampunk over Greek mythology

seriously, what

Anyone who likes cool shit, that's who

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    emphasis on shit, huh

• Options
    balerbowerbalerbower Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    yeah greek mythology is immortalized through its influence on pretty much all great western literature

lovecraftian victorian steampunk is some man-child's idea of something cool

balerbower on
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    There's a Canadian Alternative to Kickstarter called Indiegogo, a local start-up business here is trying to get funded. Kinda cool.

Kochikens on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Oh no.

Alternating opinions.

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    guys

i got an idea that i'm sort of ripping off from a kickstarter i saw.

What if we make a belt and suspenders combo, that is like a series of utility belts, but for like every day things. like your keys, wallet, phone, money, pens, maybe stick-it pads, it's like a purse, on your chest.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    guys

i got an idea that i'm sort of ripping off from a kickstarter i saw.

What if we make a belt and suspenders combo, that is like a series of utility belts, but for like every day things. like your keys, wallet, phone, money, pens, maybe stick-it pads, it's like a purse, on your chest.

Give this lady a million dollars

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Isn't that just cleavage?

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Market it to guys as a Mandolier.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    A utility belt would be neat.

But how would it fit through your pant loops?

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Market it to guys as a Mandolier.

Looks like we have our vice-president

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Legba wrote: »
    wandering wrote: »
    A guy who made some freeware interactive fiction I really like (Andrew Plotkin) did a kickstarter for an iPhone text game with a funding goal of $8,000. He raised $31,337, I was happy.

This is seriously cool. I've been getting into IF and Andrew Plotkin is pretty great. Did he suggest that the game might be released on more platforms since he overshot his goal by so much?
    I think it's still an iOS-only project, although he's said it might come to other platforms eventually.

Also - the project was funded December 2010? Has it really been that long? I wonder how long until people bring out the torches and pitchforks.

wandering on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    FirmSkater wrote: »

Is that... An overreaction to Tentacle Bento?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    One of the bummers of kick starter is that some projects are spending way more of the money they got than they anticipated just fulfilling rewards.

Also I heard indie goo was not great. Because of no refunds? Not sure if it was something else

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    I'm not 100% sure about what is or is not an overreaction to a game where you rape teenagers but I don't think that video is it.

sig2.jpg
  • Options
    So, cute child murder is not an overreaction to cute tentacle rape fantasy.

Good to know

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Artreus wrote: »
    One of the bummers of kick starter is that some projects are spending way more of the money they got than they anticipated just fulfilling rewards.

Also I heard indie goo was not great. Because of no refunds? Not sure if it was something else

That's why I like the book-kickstarters. It's like, the whole reward/product is the book in the first place.

• Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular

HOLY SHIT

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    its like a fucking diamond landed in my lap

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    A utility belt would be neat.

But how would it fit through your pant loops?

either is dissembles or you wear it over your normal pants. i'm not sure yet.

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    tumblr_m33todC3r41rugltbo1_1280.png

• Options
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    So, cute child murder is not an overreaction to cute tentacle rape fantasy.

Good to know

Well the art could use a lot of work, that's why they're kickstarting.
    They got a pretty cool ghost costume up for $50 pledges too.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    Lawndart wrote: »
    Oh, in less mockable Kickstarter news, the Grim Dawn kickstarter is about to hit its final 24 hours.

Grim Dawn, other than having the most generic name for a video game ever, is the spiritual sequel to Titan Quest, from some of the folks who used to work at Iron Lore. Only replace "Ancient Greece" with "Vaguely Lovecraftian Victorian steampunkish-ness".
    oh man, I wish I had cash to donate

I really enjoyed titan quest, and I while I am not huge fan of steampunk stuff, I would love for a game like titan quest with modern mechanics and gameplay

• Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular

no it looks like a startlingly appropriate reaction to tentacle bento

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    tumblr_m33todC3r41rugltbo1_1280.png

backing this

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Fuck you all, I'm kidnapping a baby and selling it to fund Fightchurch.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Fightchurch! Jesus didn't tap, bros.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    Monica is convinced I can use kickstarter to start my food business.

So I'm going to put together some numbers and a rough outline of a business plan to judge what I need.

Half because I'm curious, and half to shut her up.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    Stale wrote: »
    Monica is convinced I can use kickstarter to start my food business.

So I'm going to put together some numbers and a rough outline of a business plan to judge what I need.

Half because I'm curious, and half to shut her up.

The Atlanta food truck scene doesn't have any serious feuds. Shit talk David Cross's sister on your kickstarter, and he'll probably give you free publicity.

• Options
    Squall wrote: »

no it looks like a startlingly appropriate reaction to tentacle bento

okay. thinking on it after work and a bit of sleep, yeah. not really an overreaction at all.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    I may have to turn in my feminist-ally dude card, since my first reaction to the "Lynch Mob Kawaii" video was "Wait, 'kawaii' is pronounced like 'Hawaii'?"

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    but CENSORSHIP

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    According to the news post Penny-Arcade is now doing a Kickstarter, except it doesn't really appear to be for anything in particular.

It seems to be just another way to ask for donations, especially because some of the rewards appear to be way too pricey. I mean, 75$ for a digital comic, some MP3s, and a certificate?