As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E PbP] Dragon Slayers: OOC Thread

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Ok, heres 12 and 13 (takes me a long time to decide on items)

Khyber Shard of the Fiery Depth
    Githweave Vigorous Resolve Vestments +3

Abyssal Adornment +3 (neck)
    Five Stars Five Strikes (alternative reward)

• Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Woops, should've mentioned no dragonshards or soulfangs (just like in cc). Boons and tats are fine though.

• Options
    Making things difficult!

Replace that with Stone of Flame

• Options
    Now go finish off that dragon before kay does.

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Too late!

Extended list:

L12
    Badge of the Berserker +3
    Foe Stone (Paragon Tier)

L13
    Githweave Holy Adversary Armour +3 (daily - resist vs oath target)
    Controlling Greatspear +3

L14
    Gauntlets of Blood (Paragon)
    Blending Armour +3 (Encounter - start a charge, invis UEOT)

L15
    Cloak of Displacement +3
    Tattoo of Vengeance

L16
    Iron Armbands of Power (Paragon)
    Horned Helmet (Paragon)

L17
    Feyweave Robe of Eyes +4
    Badge of the Berserker +4

Got a sheet to level 17 so far, should we include the requested items up to 20, too?

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    Majestic GoatMajestic Goat Registered User regular
    So many interrupt this turn!
    Since my interrupt trigger is someone take damage, the 5 resist all goes to Amon'Kul instead and save him 10 hp

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Kay wrote: »
    Got a sheet to level 17 so far, should we include the requested items up to 20, too?

You should because that's what cool guys do!

Lv12: Shadowdancer's Boots, Stone of Wind
    Lv13: Orc's-eye Amulet, Drowmesh Shared Valour Armor +3
    Lv14: Pennant Helm, Battlemaster’s Crossbow +3
    Lv15: Premonition Ring, Alliance Band
    Lv16: Restorative Gauntlets, Bracers of Archery
    Lv17: Pearl of Power, Clasp of Noble Sacrifice +4
    Lv18: Snakeskin Shared Valour Armor +4, Belt of the witch king
    Lv19: Battlemaster’s Crossbow +4, Battle Standard of Stalwart
    Lv20: Eager Hero’s Tattoo, Ring of Action Reversal

Big Iron Lv20
    Somehow the builder does not let Big Iron equip his boots, his speed should be 7 (8 in low light or total darkness)

May I suggest someone takes Silver Hands of Power for Lv19 reward? Because combining with Big Iron's Vorpal Edge Utility, it would mean fun fun fun!

Majestic Goat on
  • Options
    I'll update my character sheet after work.

An interesting point to note is that my level 12 Utility power from my PP buffs my level 16 PP feature. So it's useless until then. :D

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    A few (roughly calculated) awards. All with bad music puns for some reason?

Hit me slow, hit me quick. Most damage taken: Amon'Kul

Crit me baby one more time. Most crits taken: Alenthian

Burn, baby, burn. Most damage dealt: Evanche.

Can't touch this. No damage taken: Kothargix

With regards to magic items, everyone checks out except for two of you. @aegis I can't seem to find Girdle of Skulls anywhere, but if you could give me a quick description here that would be cool. Still need to see @Steelhawk 's two magic items as well.

• Options
    NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I like taking the most damage. Feels useful.

I'd like Big Iron to recharge my khopesh if possible. I'll even trade him a couple healing surges for his Restorative Mixtures.

Resist all 5 until the end of the encounter when first bloodied is pretty nice for my PP Utility. I dig the idea that Amon'kul is just a big hulking brute, who just keeps coming no matter how hard you hit him. Who also scrimshaws little dragon statues out of dragon's teeth.

Nealneal on
  • Options
    Suddenly, I am glad that I neglected to burn any dailies.

Also, my dailies are pretty useless, I'll retrain one out probably. I just picked everything that pushed or pulled to abuse Polearm Momentum.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    Okay, all updated! I switched out one of my low damage AoE dailies for a strong single target one, and picked up the Painful Oath feat for mooooar damage.

Grog, if you could take a look at Wings of Angels (Stance - +4 Flight Speed + Hover + unbloodied HP Regen) - it's obvious that it's meant to be used with my level 16 Paragon Path feature, Heaven's Boon (Gain wings, Fly Speed 6)

Do you think that using it gives me Flight Speed 4 + Hover + Regen, or just the regen until I get my out-all-the-time wings at 16?

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    Hmm that does seem a bit of an oversight. I'm inclined to say that it'd give you flight speed of 4 (as well as the other bonuses), since that is technically increasing your flight of 0 by +4.

• Options
    Neophyte wings, gooooo! But yeah, it's a huge weird bit with my paragon path, which I just took mainly because a) wings were cool and b) it brings me closer to god (my whole existence is flawed)

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Girdle of Skulls should be in the compendium, but otherwise it's from the Book of Vile Darkness:
    Property: The girdle starts with four charges. When you take an extended rest, the item regains one charge.
    Utility Power Daily (No Action) - Trigger: You reduce a creature to 0 hit points or fewer. Effect: The girdle gains a charge (maximum of four).
    Utility Power (Summoning) Encounter (Minor Action) - Requirement: The girdle must have at least one charge. Effect: Expend a charge. You summon a skeletal warrior in an unoccupied space within 5 squares of you. The skeletal warrior is an ally to you but not to your allies, and it lacks actions of its own. Instead, you spend actions to command it mentally, choosing from the actions in its description. You must have line of effect to the skeletal warrior to command it. You and it share knowledge but not senses. When the skeletal warrior makes a check, you make the roll using your game statistics, not including any temporary bonuses or penalties. The skeletal warrior lasts until it drops to 0 hit points, at which point you lose a healing surge (or hit points equal to your surge value if you have no surges left). Otherwise, it lasts until you dismiss it as a minor action or until the end of the encounter.
    Skeletal Warrior - Medium shadow animate (undead)

HP 40; Healing Surges none, but you can lose a healing surge for the creature if an effect allows it to spend one
    AC 28, Fortitude 24, Reflex 26, Will 22
    Speed land 7

Standard Action (At-Will) - Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); +17 vs. AC Hit: 2d8 + 11 damage, and the target is marked until the end of the skeletal warrior’s next turn.

Minor Action At-Will 1/round Effect: The skeletal warrior walks, shifts, runs, stands up, squeezes, or crawls.

Opportunity Action (At-Will) -Trigger: An adjacent enemy marked by the skeletal warrior shifts or uses an attack power that doesn’t target the skeletal warrior. Attack: Melee 1 (triggering enemy); +17 vs. AC Hit: 2d8 + 11 damage.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Got no problem with that, carry on.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    It is a rare incidentally though you mentioned you were fine with them and I only discovered this just now. I don't know why it'd be a rare, but then, Wizards.

Characters
  • Options
    My new sheet. Of note for the party, I have some mild healing utility as a daily power if someone needs to absolutely spend 2 healing surges and get a saving throw right now

Characters
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    New sheet as well. A couple of minor power changes that I mentioned I was going to make before. I didn't think it would be kosher to change during combat, and I didn't actually use the powers they replaced.

If thats ok @Grog !

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    Oh yes, I used my retrain for this level to swap a feat. I'm doubling up on +feat bonuses to Will but I really like both the cold resistance and a start of turn anti-daze/stun spell.

Characters
  • Options
    My new PP utility gives one weapon or implement extra 7 dmg EOE, the wielder may end the effect to deal 10 on going damage (save) to the target on crit.

Also using item daily power will grant you 13 THP.

My infusion does not spend target's surge, so Evanche should still have 9 surges.

• Options
    Oh durr, Artificer, I always forget that.

Characters
  • Options
    Who's going to donate surges for Big Iron's new infusions?

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    I have paid for the infusion already. Still got plenty of surges so don't worry

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Would Big Iron be able to recharge the Daily on the Khopesh, even though I didn't have to trade surges into the healing pool?

EDIT: Of course had I read the IC thread first, I would know you'd done so already.

Nealneal on
  • Options
    Hmm. When I replace my spear with one that has an actual useful-in-combat as opposed to awesome flavor power, I shall miss the dimensional pocket aspect.

Unless I can keep it because it's not going to give me any advantage. >_> Eladrin are neat and tidy, you see.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Good Work everyone! I stay away from posting for a long weekend (Queen Victoria's Birthday, you know. Celebrated up here in Canada with gardening, cottaging, beer and bbq) and dragons end up dead!

Kothargix's Reward
    Kothargix would also like a small little kingdom carved out for himself. One where other free-minded Kobolds can find refuge from evil Dragon overlords. A place where they can mine rock and set traps to thier hearts content where the ever present dangers of hungry dragons and stupid adventurers will not bother them. Kothargix, of course, would be thier lord and master and have a huge statue in the lobby.

Wish List
    Level
    12 Goblin Totem Dagger +3; Thornwalker Slippers
    13 Staff of Ruin +3; Armor of Sudden Recovery +3
    14 Ring of Feather Fall; Goggles of Night
    15 Periapt of Cascading Health +3; Skull Mask
    16 Gloves of Accuracy; Boots of Withdrawal
    17 Goblin Totem Dagger +4; Stormcatcher Ring
    18 Robe of Sudden Recovery +4; Staff of Ruin +4
    19 Ring of True Seeing; Ankhmons Bracers
    20 Periapt of Cascading Health +4; Diamond Cincture

Level 20 Sheet
    Kothargix Level 20 - I have not gone shopping for this build yet. So updated gear is not included in the stats.

If I've made any glaring omissions, I'd appreciate someone letting me know. :)

Are we leveling up to 12 now or splunking through the dungeon first?

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    You... you do know what 'cottaging' means, right?

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    Amon'kul is updated as well. He'll reload his hand crossbow during the rest.

• Options
    Um. It means going up to the cottage to drink beer and BBQ in a different place than your own home? What do you think it means? :)

• Options
    That's okay. I like your definition better.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    New sheet as well. A couple of minor power changes that I mentioned I was going to make before. I didn't think it would be kosher to change during combat, and I didn't actually use the powers they replaced.

If thats ok @Grog !

Fine by me.
    Steelhawk wrote: »
    Are we leveling up to 12 now or splunking through the dungeon first?

Level up first (so your skill checks will be with your new level 12 values).

• Options
    Ok I'm assuming Estir is spending a single surge to get back to full. All I need now is a leveled up initiative check from @Steelhawk and we're good to go.

No rush though, I know how tiring a long weekend of cottaging can be.

• Options
    Actually, sorry I should have mentioned I wasn't going to spend a surge. I don't have a huge amount of surges and am only down 8 (off the top of my head without looking at the thread).

• Options
    Well with your new hp score you'll be at 65/78. It's up to you though.

• Options
    Initiative @ level 12 = 22

When I level up and post my sheet, do I include the two items on my wish list?

• Options
    Yup, you got em out of Bitterstrike's belly.

• Options
    Well the good news is they didn't get a surprise round. The bad news is neither did you.

The really bad news is ouch.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    I guess I should have taken that surge - :p

Can I use an immediate interupt? It won't invalidate any of the actions... I just wont be SO hurt.

*edit
    Oh and I get a +2 to hit (+1 one really since it doesnt stack with expertise... great design Wizards) against the spider that crit me for the rest of the encounter

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    I can use my interrupt to grant resist all to or let you heal, which one do you prefer?

The positions of everyone on the statblock are quite weird. Everyone except the dragon does not match where they stand on the map :P