As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

can't access pa forums from linux desktop browser

autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machineRegistered User regular
So yeah.
On android, the forums work flawlessly.
But on my desktop they don't, no matter which browser. It's over the same wlan, too.
Any suggestions?

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
autono-wally, erotibot300 on

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Pinging forums.penny-arcade.com works though.. man
    Edit: but I can't wget the page. OS is Ubuntu 12.04

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    What the butt? When I mask Opera Linux as Internet Explorer Windows, it works. Anyone else have something similar where the PA forums don't work from Linux?

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    What the butt? When I mask Opera Linux as Internet Explorer Windows, it works. Anyone else have something similar where the PA forums don't work from Linux?
    I can't test right now but the forums were working for me yesterday with an Ubuntu/Chrome combo.

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    EvilMonkey wrote: »
    I can't test right now but the forums were working for me yesterday with an Ubuntu/Chrome combo.
    yeah yesterday they worked for me, too.
    edit: and now when I switch back to Opera/Linux it also works.. Probably just a hiccup, but I had this happen once before last week.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    FalkenFalken Registered User regular
    Neither Bodhi or Arch Linux can post.

Doesn't matter what browser.

I'm going to point the finger at bad forum software that sucks.

• Options
    Falken wrote: »
    Neither Bodhi or Arch Linux can post.

Doesn't matter what browser.

I'm going to point the finger at bad forum software that sucks.
    Tried it with a generic browser identifier? I have
    Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/5.0; de)

set now and it works

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    FalkenFalken Registered User regular
    That's not the point though.

The point is that this supposedly amazing forum software goes "ha! Fuck you!" to anyone with an operating system different to the majority.

That's not how the internet is supposed to work, guys.

• Options
    SeeksSeeks Registered User regular
    Not having any problems here, though it has been slower than average over the past couple of days.

(Arch X86_64, Firefox 12)

userbar.jpg
    desura_Userbar.png