As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Arkham Horror: Game Over! Ancient One Victory!

1151617181921»

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Here's hoping that the ancient one ALSO devoured most of the reserves above me on the list :P

This was a fun game to watch... well, fun in the same way as it's fun watching a slow motion car wreck hehe

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Thanks for running, migo! If you ever have space I'm totally willing to play again or go into reserves or whatever. The dice can't betray me a second time, right?

• Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    Thanks for running, migo! If you ever have space I'm totally willing to play again or go into reserves or whatever. The dice can't betray me a second time, right?

Back to the end of the line!

• Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    Gloria Goldberg. :) I like playing her too, her ability makes some OWs almost desirable to head into (such as the Dreamlands). Also, I would like to give other players a chance to try the game, but I can move you into reserves if you wish.

Hope you all enjoyed playing! Please let me know if there is anything I could have done better.

Definitely reserve me up -- although at some point I'd love to play a full game, rather than stepping in for the last three turns. I didn't feel like I contributed that much this time. Maybe if nobody drops out of this next game I'll make it into game 3 from the get-go.

As for things done better, I thought it was a really well done PbP. I'd love to see some of the expansion stuff make it in eventually (personal stories, injuries and insanities, and some of the awesome expansion characters) but as far as running the base game I think you've got it pretty well nailed. Thanks again, it was really a lot of fun -- except for the whole failing to stop the end of the world thing.

• Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    I had a lot of fun @mi-go hunter. Sorry for nubbing up a lot of stuff and thanks for being patient and walking some of us through things. Knowing now that a couple of us were new to the game, we probably should have picked an easier AO and come up with a game plan early on instead of everyone just doing their own thing. You did a great job running it mi-go and I'd love to play again later now that I know more.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    I'm on vacation til saturday but for reference I'd -love- to play this game with you guys after that! I only remember playing once a long time ago so I'm in the newbie pool as well, keep that in mind when deciding on the AO :P

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Please let me know if there is anything I could have done better.
    Not saying the onus is all on you but a little more hand holding would have helped. Being told to make a combat check and then having to look up all the crap and try to remember what all the different numbers ment got really confusing at first. I think I picked it up better as we went. It also didnt help at all that my shcedule was so hectic at the begining of the game and I could only get on for a bit here and there.

It does seem like a cool game. I felt like I was playing a bit of an RPG, but it also felt really solo at first and I didnt know what the hell I was doing. I dont know if Id ever buy the game since theres a ton of memory involved but it was a fun experience overall.

Ah well thanks for running. And I definetly dont want to be in the next game but if you get to game 3 or more I would like another shot, so go ahead and reserve me up if you could be so kind.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Also are personal stories an expansion thing? because I dont think they ever came into play.

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Also are personal stories an expansion thing? because I dont think they ever came into play.

yes

• Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Please let me know if there is anything I could have done better.
    Not saying the onus is all on you but a little more hand holding would have helped. Being told to make a combat check and then having to look up all the crap and try to remember what all the different numbers ment got really confusing at first. I think I picked it up better as we went. It also didnt help at all that my shcedule was so hectic at the begining of the game and I could only get on for a bit here and there.

I can work out combat with any new players next time around, sorry about that.

Okay, will begin construction on the next game! And update my reserve list >_>

• Options
    Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    Thanks so much for running it was a blast, and yeah Ill reserve up if you keep running them.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NoizRnelNoizRnel Registered User regular
    Thanks, mi-go! It was great fun, even though I got eaten :( It turns out I'm going to be pretty busy for the next few months, but I'll sign up as a reserve anyway (and drop out if I must when the time comes) :D