Options

[DnD 4e PbP] The Serpent Swallows its Tail (IC)

• Options
    BhowBhow Sunny day, sweeping the clouds away. On my way to where the air is sweet.Registered User regular
    Content that he is properly accoutered, Pah scans his surroundings. It would not due to be snuck upon by another bandit. He wouldn't let that happen again anytime soon.
    Perception: 1d20+3 20

• Options
    Mint JulepMint Julep Registered User regular
    "Sooooo....we going to stare at it or open it up?"

Enza - Tiefling Paladin of Ilmater
    HP: 26/33 | Surge Value: 8 (8/11) | AP 0/1
    AC 22 | Fort 15 | Ref 14 | Will 15
    Insight: 18 | Perception: 13
    Condition:
    Marked Foes: None /COLOR]
  • Options
    MidrealmDMMidrealmDM Registered User regular
    Amos scoffs, "Amanautor guided us to this chest, and thus it is our reward for our great accomplishments." He moves to open the chest, and pauses for a moment before flinging open the chest suddenly.

Toman Cincer - Dark Pack Warlock
    HP: 18/29 | Surge Value: 7 (7/7) | AP 1/1
    AC 15 | Fort 13 | Ref 15 | Will 16
    Insight: 16 | Perception: 19
    Condition: Concealment until EoMNT, +2 Bonus to all Def until EoMNT
    Darkspiral Aura: 0
    Cursed: Drake, Boss
    Campaign Languages
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Noticing his obvious apprehension about the box, Enza grabs Toman's ribs suddenly and yells "boo!" when the chest is opened.

Mint Julep on
    Condition:
  • Options
    SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    The chest top springs open to reveal a layer of grey cloth on top. Lifting this out, you find a few days' worth of hard rations wrapped in about 5 heavy grey tattered cloaks. Under the clothing and food, you find a pile of coins with a sturdy looking warhammer on top. The hammer is finely crafted, likely dwarven work, and bears the raised design of a mug of ale on each hammer "face"

The coinage adds up to 67 gp, 90 sp, 80 cp + 1 amethyst (100 gp)
    Anyone with knowledge History can give me a roll.

• Options
    She looks at the hammer closely, thinking it seems familiar.
    History: 1d20+1 17

Condition:
  • Options
    NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Keetah sits down, continuing to enjoy his apple. He looks over at the items in the chest and says, "Keetah think that bandits not so stupid if they have such a hoard. Maybe they just ugly and nasty instead."

Nealneal on
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Toman jumps when Enza shouts, and scowls in her direction. He sifts through the food splitting it as evenly as possible between Keetah and Pah, "Food has more value than coin when you're on the run." And, unless someone objects, splits the money among his allies (at 17 each to Enza, Rolan, Amos; 16 + silver and copper to himself) Tossing the jewel to Keetah, "You and Pah ArthEira can split this, call it compensation for your imprisonment." (the Amethyst to Pah and Keetah, though I'm not sure how they plan to split it.)

He also takes one cloak, folds it neatly and tucks it in his rucksack. Leaving the others for anyone who wants one.

MidrealmDM on
    Campaign Languages
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Amos looks over his share of the treasure, and then follows behind Toman to make sure the distribution is fair. He seems to be about to say something when Toman hands the jewel over to the goblin, but simply frowns and bites his tongue. Turning his nose up at the tattered cloaks he focuses on the hammer, "What an odd looking weapon, you recognize its design?" he ask Enza.

Amos: HP 26/29, AC 17, Fort 13, Ref 13, Will 18 Surges 5/8 (7) AP 1/1

MidrealmDM on
    Campaign Languages
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    "C'mon Toman. Sometimes nice things do come in boxes."

Enza kneels down to more closely examine the hammer.

"Definately dwarven make just given the drinking motif. I think its part of a set called Aleheart Companions, though I don't know how many pieces the set has offhand. Supposed to give anyone the abilities, and perhaps the appearance, of a dwarf. The equipment is apparently sought after by those going into the Underdark, so I'm going to hazard a guess that having the set may confer the dwarven ability to see in in conditions with little light."

"How they managed to get it is very curious though. Why was no one was using it?." She runs a hand through her short hair, combing it between fingers.

Mint Julep on
    Condition:
  • Options
    "Perhaps it requires some test of worth, and they all came up short?" Toman chuckles

Campaign Languages
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    She stares at Toman for a minute.

Mint Julep on
    Condition:
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Enza deadpans, "I don't get it." She shrugs and picks up the hammer, swinging it a few times to test its weight.
    "Nice toy."

Mint Julep on
    Condition:
  • Options
    Crimson PhantomCrimson Phantom Registered User regular
    Rolan wanders up the stairs, "Oh look, cloaks!" Happily he takes one and his portion of the treasures. "By the way, I'm taking this sweet hunting horn" he jests as he lifts the horn up high. "Anybody wonder why these guys would have five cloaks locked inside a chest with a hammer and gold?" he muses out loud as he begins to inspect the cloak.
    Arcana check: 1d20 + 12 = 29
    I detect everything!

• Options
    edited June 2012
    "Maybe they were attempting to cloak their hidden treasure? I guess it will remain shrouded in mystery, because these bandits knew how to keep it under wraps."

MidrealmDM on
    Campaign Languages
  • Options
    Rolan casts Mage Hand then uses it and his own two hands to perform a triple face-palm in regards to Toman's comments.

• Options
    (Once the party has decided how long they're going to rest, and looked at/decided who will use the hammer, we can move on)

• Options
    We've rested about 5 minutes so far = and opened the chest (maybe taking another minute)

so ... I'm ready

Campaign Languages
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Taking the amethyst and one of the grey cloaks, Keetah turns to the group and says, "Thank you for pretty gem and nice cloak. Pah should hold gem since merchant people no like goblins. Feeling much better after a snack and some rest. Where Keetah and new friends going now?"
    Keetah: HP 33/33, AC 16, Fort 16, Ref 15, Will 17 Surges 5/10 (8) AP 0/1, Resist 10 Force
    Granix: HP**, AC 16, Fort 16, Ref 15, Will 17 (**If Granix takes 11 damage from a single attack, it disappears and Keetah takes 6 damage. Otherwise it is unaffected by the attack.)

Nealneal on
  • Options
    I'm good with just a 5 minute rest, and doesn't matter who gets the hammer

• Options
    I'll take the hammer if that's ok

Condition:
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    (Oh yah, so technically, at this point you guys havn't discussed traveling together or anything of the sort....so get to the RP so that we can move on!)

Snowdown on
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Amos stops in packing his belonging staring at the goblin for a moment, "Ahh, well we are on a journey of some importance, and as such I don't think you would be wanting to accompany us. After all, it would mean hard times and some risk to you, with no payment or reward, since our contracted payment has already been agreed to.

"But if you wish to serve under my command, for the glory of Amanautor, then I suppose we should be able to arrange some sort of compensation."

Amos: HP 26/29, AC 17, Fort 13, Ref 13, Will 18 Surges 5/8 (7) AP 1/1

MidrealmDM on
    Campaign Languages
  • Options
    The goblin looks at Amos and smiles a toothy grin, "Is ok. Keetah not need much food and already you pay Keetah. Spirits tell Keetah 'Go with new friends and help them.' So that's what Keetah is going to do. Go with you and help you. Keetah not have much say in what spirits want him to do."

Looking over at Granix the goblin continues, "Isn't that right you ghostly old bastard? I don't get to choose my path in life anymore, it's all up to you and your friends. Part of being a shaman they say." The silent spirit nods as Keetah finishes speaking.

Turning back to Amos, Keetah says, "See, great goblin ancestor say Keetah has to follow you and help."

• Options
    Rolan lets out a small chuckle as he finishes putting away the bandages he used to patch himself up with, "This group just gets weirder and weirder" he mutters as he shakes his head, thinking back to when he first started out in what was essentially a glorified bar brawl and how he's the only one left from the original group still out here.

• Options
    (A glorified bar brawl?! I take offense to that! Those goblins blew a hole through the town wall, and killed many villagers! what kind of bar brawls is Rolan used to, anyway?) =)

• Options
    Toman grins at Keetah and Granix, "That's the spirit!"

Campaign Languages
  • Options
    lol I thought you'd like that. But Rolan is the only one left who was there so he can remember it anyway he wants! And besides Rolan fixed some...thing a door I think.

• Options
    Keetah looks at Toman and replies, "Yes, that Granix. Keetah's great goblin ancestor."

• Options
    So, in the interest of brevity, Amos informs your group that he's been having recent visions from great Amaunator and that his deific delegated duty is to return to the halls of the great church of Amaunator that cast him out, and show them the errors of their heretical ways. Amaunator himself has told Amos that he was unjustly cast out and his way is the only true path. If he succeeds in his mission to reform the Great Churches of Amaunator, he will return then to loudwater seeking word of your group, and return to the folds of Amos and Amaunator's Angelic Adventurers once more.

He sets out to the south on his own.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Toman bids fond and heartfelt farewell, wishing Amos the best of luck. But as the arrogant magistrate leaves, the warlock stares with a melancholy expression, saying nothing until Amos has crested the hill and completely disappeared from view.

"Right," he says to no one in particular, his mood apparently switching to cheerful without any intermediary stage. "C'mon then anyone, if you're coming, we have our own obligations."

Toman then sets off on the road, softly singing the Lyke Wake dirge.
    DIRGE
    Listen here

This ae nighte, this ae nighte
    Every nighte and all,
    Fire and sleet and candle lighte,
    May Earth receive thy soul.

When thou from hence away art passed,
    Every nighte and all,
    To Whinnie-moor thou com’st at last.

If ever thou gavest hosen or shoon,
    Every nighte and all,
    Sit thee down and put them on.

If hosen or shoon thou ne’er gavest nane,
    Every nighte and all,
    The whinnies shall prick thee to the bare bane.

(more)
    From Whinnie-moor when thou art passed,
    Every nighte and all,
    To Brig o’ Dread thou com’st at last.

If ever thou gave of thy silver and gold,
    Every nighte and all,
    On Brig o’ Dread thou’lt find foothold.

If silver and gold thou ne’er gavest nane,
    Every nighte and all,
    Down thou’lt fall ’till the stars be gane.

From Brig ‘o Dread when thou art passed,
    Every nighte and all,
    To purging fire thou com’st at last.

If ever thou gave meat or drink,
    Every nighte and all,
    The fire shall never make thee shrink.

If meat or drink thou ne’er gavest nane,
    Every nighte and all,
    The fire shall burn thee to the bare bane.

This ae nighte, this ae nighte,
    Every nighte and all,
    Fire and sleet and candle lighte,
    May Earth receive thy soul

MidrealmDM on
    Campaign Languages
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Enza notices the mooning expression Toman seems to give Amos, catches up with him. In an effort to be kind and totally misinterpreting the situation, tells him quietly, "Its ok Toman. I'm sure he'll be fine. But really, he was a jerk. A good looking jerk, but, still a jerk."
    Just for giggles I rolled an insight check and got a 2
    Insight: 1d20+8 10

Mint Julep on
    Condition:
  • Options
    Please Continue to RP if you'd like, in either OOC or PMS, whatever. Include the people who are in earshot if it's PMs.

You continue to travel for the rest of the day. Sleeping arrangements are made you might want to discuss this via PMs (include me) so that I will know in case a night encounter comes.

The next day you wake up refreshed and break your fast on the bandits food. For Pah and Keetah, this is a special treat. They've been fed nothing but the barest minimum recently to keep them alive, and the bandits had some fresh food among their stores. You both feel better than you have in quite some time (especially Pah who was imprisoned for quite a while).

You resume your travel, and should reach your destination sometime today. Around lunch time, you come upon a formation of rocks that looks like the one the wizard drew for you, where you're supposed to turn north to reach the tower. Place yourselves on the map below in the yellow area by coordinates. Give me perception checks, and initiative.
    7401286514_b5c2c64691_h.jpg

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Keetah seems renewed by better food and a decent night's sleep. Laughing as they travel, he regales the group with tales of goblin daring and adventure. All of which involve him running from bears or other large animals.
    Keetah: @L11, HP 33/33, AC 16, Fort 16, Ref 15, Will 17 Surges 10/10 (8) AP 1/1, Resist 10 Force
    Granix: @O13, HP**, AC 16, Fort 16, Ref 15, Will 17 (**If Granix takes 11 damage from a single attack, it disappears and Keetah takes 6 damage. Otherwise it is unaffected by the attack.)

Perception Check: 1d20+10 23

Initiative: 1d20+3 11

(Since I'm new, will we get the benefits of an extended rest from the night? I put in Keetah's statline as if we do, but I can easily change it back. Also for the future, Keetah will take whatever watch the others are willing to trust him with.)

Nealneal on
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    During the evening's rest, Toman keeps mostly to himself, playing his flute and whispering quietly to Lumidol, his spectral bat. During the next day he seems in better spirits, although complaining about the bright sun, he chats with the others and calls Lumidol out to show to Keetah and Granix.

When the party comes to the rock, he pulls out the drawing and compares it to the stone before concluding that they are on the right track. He folds the paper back up and puts it away, almost completely oblivious to whatever else might be happening
    Perception: 1d20+9 11
    Initiative: 1d20+2 5
    Yes, that's right I rolled '2' and a '3'

Edit forgot my positioning I-23

MidrealmDM on
    Campaign Languages
  • Options
    After having the midnight shift Rolan wakes up groggy from listening to Keetah chatter for two hours, and was thrilled when Enza came on so he could enjoy the peace and quiet. While waking throughout the day Rolan practices his skills using Mage Hand and Prestidigitation . Upon arriving at the rock formation Rolan manages to wander in the middle as he lets his mind explore the surrounding area.
    Standing at M-16 (because it's one of my favorite guns)
    Perception: 1d20+6 = 14
    Initiative: 1d20+1 = 9

• Options
    Yes, everyone receives the benefits of a full rest & keetah, I need your placement on the map.

• Options
    (My apologies, it was in the in the stat lines. L11 for Keetah and O13 for Granix)

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Sorry, I totally missed it. Thanks for pointing it out for my sad skills of perception ;)

Okay, I just realized that I made this map scale WAY too big originally. So I've refined it (difficult terrain, and zoomed in)

I re-drew the yellow zone roughly the same size, had to move keetah and rolan one square. If you guys want to change position, please let me know.

Just waiting for Pah and Enza Now

7407438488_771d02ac07_h.jpg

Snowdown on
  • Options
    Remember Pah said on OOC board he may not be able to have connection until 25th ...

Campaign Languages