As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition] Triple Skulls is where it's at!

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Regular league has 28 teams. You would have to find out who is staying in and kick out all the rest and hope that you can restructure it so it fits with the remaining teams. Personally I would like to replace my Gobbo team with well pretty much anything else.

I am in the process of asking the Stunty league coaches if they want to keep going or at least suck it up and play the last few games so we can give it a proper ending. So far I only heard back from @Foomy and @chrisnl but both are were willing to keep going. They actually have a match against each other that is long over due so maybe that will get played soonish.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Regular league has 28 teams. You would have to find out who is staying in and kick out all the rest and hope that you can restructure it so it fits with the remaining teams. Personally I would like to replace my Gobbo team with well pretty much anything else.

I am in the process of asking the Stunty league coaches if they want to keep going or at least suck it up and play the last few games so we can give it a proper ending. So far I only heard back from @Foomy and @chrisnl but both are were willing to keep going. They actually have a match against each other that is long over due so maybe that will get played soonish.

Did you send me a message? I didn't get it unless you sent it through BB which I've not launched in a while and always forget to check mail. Either way, I'm down for finishing ANY League.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Banzai5150 wrote: »

Did you send me a message? I didn't get it unless you sent it through BB which I've not launched in a while and always forget to check mail. Either way, I'm down for finishing ANY League.

You were in-game and I didn't want to bug you same goes for @mrt144 @TheInspector was offline. But I sorta assumed you are already in.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm totally on board with continuing the Blood Bowling, I had kind of been hoping that Tiger Burning would want to finish out the season in the regular league but I guess he's had enough for now. Diablo 3 and a double XP weekend in EQ2 ate my time recently, but I'll see if I can get something scheduled with Foomy for Stunty. My poor halflings haven't failed to perform the most basic Blood Bowl functions in a long time.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Im in for stunty so long as i can retire that fail halfling team and start a fun goblin team.

mrt144 on
  • Options
    BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    Can't wait to play blitz!

I'd suggest it would be worth while allowing him to start a new team. The worst part about this sort of shit is he'll be playing with loners for so long, and all his MVPs will start going to the loners just making his team worse and worse. Ultimately we play for fun, and none of that sounds fun.

Nah, if I restart with a new team it'll be unfair on the four teams I've yet to play. I'd say they're 99.99% certain to be retired at the end of the season, though. Besides, it seems like all the bad luck I was meant to have with my High Elves ended up on my Pro Elves, so if the Regular League gets going again, I can keep the Pro Elves as a badly mutilated good luck charm/sacrifice to Nuffle.

PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • Options
    had a stripball, wrestle, sidestep gutter runner get -1 MV injury. Im thinking I keep him.

• Options
    So me and @R0land1188 started our Weekly League match but at the start of the second half things were not looking good for him and then he DCed and now I don't know if I should validate it and doom his team or throw out a match that is going to be really hard to beat.

DORF POWER!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    So me and @R0land1188 started our Weekly League match but at the start of the second half things were not looking good for him and then he DCed and now I don't know if I should validate it and doom his team or throw out a match that is going to be really hard to beat.

DORF POWER!
    If you play Norse as a newbie you're gonna have a bad time.

Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Same number of casualties as blitz, but with less dead!

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    Same number of casualties as blitz, but with less dead!

Stupid DC keeping me from setting a new record.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Thinking it over getting a redo on the first half cause something caused a DC at the start of the second half. If he is upset over the lost gold and MVP SPP then I'll let him remake his team the same way as the first time and get that dead player and -1 St off his werewolf if it doesn't piss off the rest of the league. Which is probably a better a really good trade for him.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    mrt144 wrote: »
    had a stripball, wrestle, sidestep gutter runner get -1 MV injury. Im thinking I keep him.

Yeah, MV 8 isn't as good as MV 9 but it's still MV 8 with AG 4. He's still a deep striking threat to the ball carrier.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    R0land1188R0land1188 Registered User regular
    Sorry @TNTrooper and everyone else, my internet took a massive crap and a tech just got out to the house yesterday. So I am back up and running. Logging in now to see how bad things really are...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    @BlitzAce1981, does sunday night work for you? I'm a west coaster.

• Options
    @mrt144, even though I'm in the UK, that'll still be fine; a bank holiday plus the Queen's diamond jubilee means a 4 day weekend, so Sunday night/early hours of Monday morning isn't a problem.

• Options
    @mrt144, even though I'm in the UK, that'll still be fine; a bank holiday plus the Queen's diamond jubilee means a 4 day weekend, so Sunday night/early hours of Monday morning isn't a problem.

I can do noonish my time, so if you're GMT Itd be 8 pm your time.

• Options
    edited June 2012

I can do noonish my time, so if you're GMT Itd be 8 pm your time.

I'll almost certainly be out at that time. I probably won't be available until 3pm your time at the earliest, but it's not like I actually need to get up on Monday. :)

BlitzAce1981 on
  • Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    So I got a bit busy with various stuff and completely forgot about my match this week in the x-league. Whoever it is with hit me up so we can work this out.

• Options

you have a steam ID? I'll hit you up tomorrow night.

• Options
    Any Stunty league game that isn't played by the weekend is getting auto resolved so the league can move forward.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    praise be to god!

• Options
    praise be to Nuffle!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    So TNTrooper and I got our Weekly league game in yesterday. Dwarves vs Vamps. I suffered from some bad dice for most of the game and it ended up as a loss to me 2-1. Some key highlights were a quick end change to almost score prior to the end of the second half, only to have a 1 dice block rerolled from a push into a defender down or something to knock the ball carrier down and a dwarf with 3 tackle zones (not that the tackle zones actually matter) plucking the ball out of the air as I threw it to a vamp in the end zone.

One thing that sucked was I failed a blood lust roll, and went to hand off the ball to another vamp, but there was a thrall there to be bitten. I had to bite the thrall before doing the hand off, which was no problem, but then I had to roll to pass the ball, which failed. I used a reroll and passed, but then the vamp that I handed off to failed his GFI at the end zone because I had to burn my reroll early. Sucked, but don't think it would have changed the outcome of the game.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    Blitz and I just finished our game and lets just say, we failed more pickups by almost 2:1 than we picked up. with elves and skaven no less.

• Options
    Blitz and I just finished our game and lets just say, we failed more pickups by almost 2:1 than we picked up. with elves and skaven no less.

Someone must've smeared butter on the ball between turns 2 and 3. Can't recall seeing any halflings running onto the field, though. We both tried picking up the ball from turn 3 onwards, and neither of us succeeded until turn 8, I think.

Anyway, skaven beat elves 2-1. That last kick-off event was utter BS though; pitch invasion left me with one guy standing, who was a loner, in three tackle zones. "Here, have the ball; it landed off the field."

• Options
    It's the weekend time to get in contact with your opponent and finish your match.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I contacted my opponent but he hasn't replied yet for stunty

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    I would like to play games with someone.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    TheInspectorTheInspector Registered User regular
    Good match with TNTrooper earlier tonight. I had awful, awful luck all the way through, and TNT's wasn't much better. I lucked out in the last moments of the game and managed to squeak a TD in turn 16.

xbox360/WiiU: AnEvilHypnotist
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Nuffle, I love one turners.

mrt144 on
  • Options
    Well me and Blitz played our Weekly game. I was receiving and thanks to a fireball thrown into a cage by a crazed fan that only managed to knock down the runner with the ball and a lucky double red die Blitz managed to keep me from scoring. But it was a bloodbath that put 2 players in coffins and left half his team injured or KOed. The ending was just brutal. First Blitz failed a GFI, then I failed a GFI despite a reroll, then Blitz failed another GFI, followed up with me failing another rerolled GFI and then Blitz failed a GFI and this time the lineman ended up dead. The second half started with his players on the pitch being equal to his players in coffins thanks to a high injury count and none of KOed guys getting back up. A Troll Slayer got sent to the dungeon thanks to a bad call by the ref and Blitz managed to use the blob of players to his advantage to push a Blocker off the field but the audience didn't do anything except get his autograph. Then the next turn my other Troll Slayer did the same trick to push one of his guys off and since I didn't want to reroll a both down/attacker down his guy managed to stay on the pitch. Of course while this was going on my Runner had snuck off with the ball handing it to a Blitzer to score. Final kickoff 3 of his KOed guys managed to get up giving him some more players but with his defensive lines stretched thin and a fumbled throw the Dorfs managed to get the ball in the hands of a Blitzer to run it in ending the game at 2-0.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    @BlitzAce1981

I am going to be out of town this weekend (Leaving Friday night returning Monday.) So we should try and schedule our game sooner rather than later.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Stunty league semi-finals lineup:

Edg1e vs TNTrooper
    TheInspector vs Frooms

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    R0land1188 wrote: »
    @BlitzAce1981

I am going to be out of town this weekend (Leaving Friday night returning Monday.) So we should try and schedule our game sooner rather than later.

Since I'll be watching the England team safely qualify/scrape through/agonizingly get knocked out/fail miserably (delete where applicable) in the footba-, er, soccer tonight, it'll have to be tomorrow or Thursday.

• Options
    Due to a family emergency I will not be able to play before the end of the week. I am not sure how this works and I apologize to everyone.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Due to a family emergency I will not be able to play before the end of the week. I am not sure how this works and I apologize to everyone.

Do you know when you will be able to play again? No one really plays their games at the start of the week so I can give you some more time. I just want to know if you and Blitz will be using it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Do you know when you will be able to play again? No one really plays their games at the start of the week so I can give you some more time. I just want to know if you and Blitz will be using it.

I think the other problem is we've kept missing each other so far due to timezone issues. With R0land being on the west coast of the US, and me being in the UK, it pretty much limits us to weekends or holidays. I would say just give us a draw to keep things moving if needed, but that seems unfair, given that I have no less than 5 loners, and nothing short of extremely biased dice would stop it being a win to R0land.

• Options
    Blitz, now I want to play you,maybe we can catch each other this weekend? Im not sure how everything is playing out right now.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    So I'm going to own up to my shittiness and my part played in the leagues grinding to a halt. Sorry for being absent.

That being said, if anyone wants to play an open league game or whatever to be bashful about steam messaging me. I'm going to try to get the messenger on my phone so i can see it and respond if i am up to other things.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453