Options

99 pages already for the STEAM thread? Yikes. Go find the new one.

• Options
    citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    Idx86 wrote: »
    I'm the same way. I have to play games in order. For example, I'm starting with TES: Arena soon. :)

I tried Arena and Daggerfall, but the controls defeated me.

Maybe I should give them another go.

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Excision wrote: »
    I see that On The Rain Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 just came out....I have not played the first two (blasphemer I know!), should I be playing those before I pick up the third?

Or is the story non-continuous / ridiculous enough that it does not matter?

It supposedly has a good intro, so you don't need to have experience with the previous two.

I haven't played it yet, I put it on my wishlist with the intention of buying it in the next few days. Then The Anonymous bought it for me and said "Boo" to me for, presumabely not buying it sooner. I am shamed, and will promply buy a copy to gift away to someone in this thread as retribution for this classy act.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    also the first 2 are on sale as a bundle for $3 so you could get the entire series for a total of $8

• Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    So all signs point to Steam sale tomorrow, right?

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    citizen059 wrote: »
    Idx86 wrote: »
    I'm the same way. I have to play games in order. For example, I'm starting with TES: Arena soon. :)

I tried Arena and Daggerfall, but the controls defeated me.

Maybe I should give them another go.

There's an option to enable mouse look. Makes the game muuuuuuuch more playable, and it's not on by default.

• Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    Sceptre wrote: »

Maaaybe, but 'tis looking more likely that it'll be mid-July.

Also, for those curious about New Star Soccer 5 coming to Steam. The chappy has said it'll probably be around the start of the new football season. I'm assuming he means the English one, which is early August.
    It's virtually ready to go but there's a hold up for some reason. It should happen eventually, but I might postpone it until the new football season now.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    Thanks to @Pheace for gifting me Hydrophobia: Prophecy.

• Options
    edited June 2012

my gut says maybe.

e: this is the second reference I've made to this one scene today. Now if only life throws something my way that requires me to ruminate on what makes a man turn neutral.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    I need to see if there are mods for Fallout 1 and 2 which make that more user friendly. I struggled when i first tried it, and am meaning to go back.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular

I'm going with a 50/50 chance.

On Penny Arcade 3 - I'm basically waiting to see if the Steam sale starts tomorrow. If it does, I'll put off buying PA3 for a few weeks until my wallet can recover. I just know if the sale does hit, I won't have the time to play through 1, 2 and 3 while trying to do whatever achievements they throw at us.

If the sale isn't tomorrow, I'll pick it up and try to play through all three in order (I've owned the first 2 twice now and only ever made it like an hour into it on the XBLA version).

• Options
    edited June 2012
    apparently my ep 1 save was lost somewhere along the way between two or more hard drive changes. Guess I'm starting over fighting mimes and hobos.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    Just Cause 2 is $3.75 and activates on steam

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-JC2/just-cause-2

Its another game that I've been torn on getting (Saints Row being the other) but at 3.75 I think I might crack finally.

Damn it steam sale making me paranoid about buying already cheap things...I've gotta debate this one all day till I get back this afternoon.

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    I seem to recall Zeboyd saying you didn't have to have beaten 1 and 2 to still enjoy 3. That's what I'm going to go with tonight. Apologies to Jerry.

Edit: Also, I hope the game does well for them. I want another Zeboyd game! Maybe this time using the Super-FX chip!!

Elbasunu on
    g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    I would recommend playing the other two Penny Arcade games first just because they're great and worth playing. Also they're bundled together for $3.

• Options
    striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    iRevert wrote: »

Its another game that I've been torn on getting (Saints Row being the other) but at 3.75 I think I might crack finally.

Damn it steam sale making me paranoid about buying already cheap things...I've gotta debate this one all day till I get back this afternoon.

Hmm, 3.75 might make me grab that one. Gets a lot of talk in here, but just never seemed like it would hit with me. But, 3.75.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Of note, during the last Steam sale JC2 was pretty damned cheap (it might've been $5 or less?) and all the DLC was marked down like 75%. Now, I haven't spent much time in the game, and from what I've heard the DLC is by no means required (though there was word that some of it added some fun mechanics/weapons/items), but if that appeals to you, it might be worth keeping an eye out for.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular

Well, either it is tomorrow or it isn't. So that's pretty much a 50/50 chance... just like everything else! hehe :D

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

On Penny Arcade 3 - I'm basically waiting to see if the Steam sale starts tomorrow. If it does, I'll put off buying PA3 for a few weeks until my wallet can recover. I just know if the sale does hit, I won't have the time to play through 1, 2 and 3 while trying to do whatever achievements they throw at us.

If the sale isn't tomorrow, I'll pick it up and try to play through all three in order (I've owned the first 2 twice now and only ever made it like an hour into it on the XBLA version).
    You could enter one of the many ep.3 giveaways going on !
    iRevert wrote: »

BUY IT. No doubts. That game is one of the ones that's so much fun I regret not buying it at full price

• Options
    RoyceX7RoyceX7 Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Sumanai wrote: »

Well, either it is tomorrow or it isn't. So that's pretty much a 50/50 chance... just like everything else! hehe :D

omg it is 50% ^^. a very likely situation.

RoyceX7 on
    Steam: RoyceX7

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    What's the info that's making people think the Steam sale starts in July? I'm presuming it's something other than "Nobody's data-mined anything interesting about the sale yet, and normally they would have done by now".

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    My only complaint with JC2, and maybe this is because I'm using a 360 pad, but the vehicle controls are kinda crap.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Burnage wrote: »
    What's the info that's making people think the Steam sale starts in July? I'm presuming it's something other than "Nobody's data-mined anything interesting about the sale yet, and normally they would have done by now".

one indie dev said something about it being in july

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    My only complaint with JC2, and maybe this is because I'm using a 360 pad, but the vehicle controls are kinda crap.

You're spending too much time IN vehicles, and not enough time surfing on top of them. The fault is yours.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    oakkeoakke Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    Of note, during the last Steam sale JC2 was pretty damned cheap (it might've been $5 or less?) and all the DLC was marked down like 75%. Now, I haven't spent much time in the game, and from what I've heard the DLC is by no means required (though there was word that some of it added some fun mechanics/weapons/items), but if that appeals to you, it might be worth keeping an eye out for.

From what I've played so far the DLC seems completely pointless.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    oakke wrote: »

monster truck.

don't forget rockets on your parachute.

• Options
    RanCiel810RanCiel810 Registered User regular
    I know the Steam sale is coming, but I picked up the PA game anyway because it's $5 and I love those Zeboyd guys. I had to have it day 1. Really enjoying the game so far, especially the music and the battle system which encourages strategy while being easy on failure.

Also picked up LA Noire as the midweek madness because there's no way I can imagine it going for more than 75% off during the sale.

OUlH7J8.jpg
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular

monster truck.

Rico's Signature Gun is pretty bad ass.

• Options
    oakkeoakke Registered User regular

monster truck.

Rico's Signature Gun is pretty bad ass.

But you have to keep buying them every time, and it takes soooo long to do so.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Congrats to @Couscous for winning AvP! I just sent you a friend request on Steam. Hopefully you'll be able to accept shortly, and I'll forward along the game.

Now to take a little breather here before the sale begins... :)

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Idx86 is an awesome person.

People used vehicles other than planes and helicopters except when required in Just Cause?

• Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    I pretty much used the grapple and parachute as my main form of transport in JC2

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Lots ofof fence-sitting on PAA3 right now.

If you are interested and able, you should buy PAA3 now. I know this falls outside conventional presale wisdom, but

(A) 'Full retail' is $5. It's not like waiting for a $60 or $30 title to go in sale. (Plus you get CStW and BoD for free until July 2.)

(B) The devs are longstanding members of our community and we should step up to show our support. "Gentleman" is a playable class!

(C) It is really fun. I'm 4 hours in (just got to the Bank of Money) and the more I play the more I find to like.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Idx86 is an awesome person.

People used vehicles other than planes and helicopters except when required in Just Cause?

Kind of hard to do sweet motorcycle jumps off a cliff in a helicopter

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »

If you are interested and able, you should buy PAA3 now. I know this falls outside conventional presale wisdom, but

(A) 'Full retail' is $5. It's not like waiting for a $60 or $30 title to go in sale. (Plus you get CStW and BoD for free until July 2.)

(B) The devs are longstanding members of our community and we should step up to show our support. "Gentleman" is a playable class!

(C) It is really fun. I'm 4 hours in (just got to the Bank of Money) and the more I play the more I find to like.

To add to this, you can play as a Gentleman Crabomancer.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    RanCiel810RanCiel810 Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »

Agreed. There is no reason not to wait to pick up this game. And as this is coming from two upstanding gentlemen whose last played game was the magifical Borderlands, how can you say no!

OUlH7J8.jpg
  • Options
    TreadLifeTreadLife CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    TreadLife wrote: »
    It's daily deals like today that make me want to spread some cheer. These end Wednesday, after the Steam day begins.

So here are some Galas for those who missed or avoided them so far:

signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

And, for the more adventurous team, I present a multi-player game:

signature.png

Good luck gentlemen, and may these help serve the Newell.

Also, I wouldn't make multiple giveaways at one time if I didn't want you to enter them. Just make sure you are a legit PAer and all will be well. If one of those famed "weirdos" gets in, I will invoke the power of the mods.

Final hour!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    HandGimpPA.jpg

So... that happened.

Eventually we're going to run out of ways to thank @Handgimp in-thread for all that he does for us.

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    So I'm here serving the Newell, as we do, trying to purchase a copy of Avernum (new daily btw), when just as I try to click on the button, a window pops up with a message from Handgimp saying there was a problem with his friends list and that he was trying to remedy it. Turns out the issue was that there were people on his list who didn't own PAA3 and he was trying to remedy that. I'm happy to help HG. Edit: Yea, that message above!

So thanks again HG. I was putting off purchasing to give me time to replay 1+2, I'll have to get a mvoe on now.

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    @Handgimp is my favorite gimp. Thanks for the game!

XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    IF you play JC2, I cannot recommend the mod that upgrades your grappling hook length enough. Like, to a mile. It's so much fun.

This discussion has been closed.