Options

99 pages already for the STEAM thread? Yikes. Go find the new one.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    That reminds me. Just Cause 2 is one of those games that I'll probably never finish the story of, and probably will never explore the whole map...but damn if it's not fun to just jump in for an hour or two, hook line around, and cause general mayhem.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    Man, so much classiness directed at me. I feel honored.

@Malakaius gifted me Nuklear Dawn and @iolo has hooked me up with PAA:OTRSPOD3 (whew) which means I have to doubledown on beating episode 1 and 2.

Thanks folks!

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited June 2012
    I have ten free codes for the new Zeboyd Penny Arcade game to give away! Send a poem to patrickg@ext.penny-arcade.com if you want to win one!

Tube on
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    God damn it it was a Simpsons reference! Family guy just made that joke when they started cannibalizing all the old Simpsons references.

I'm sad every day that I realize my Simpsons generation is dying with each and every passing moment.

All that's left is a generation who's job it will be to build and maintain those robots.

And Simpsons taught me to pronounce noocoolur

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Thanks to DoctorArch on Steam for throwing Costume Quest my way - I look forward to playing through it with the boy!

• Options
    DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    LOL, Revelations 2012...

• Options
    VeecatVeecat Registered User new member
    At five bucks, you lose money by NOT buying it! Somehow. The Old Gods are involved.

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Oh, Revelations 2012. It makes me worried that there were prior iterations of said game.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    Just a heads up. Rune Classic is SO much fun in coop. Get a group together, hacking off heads and swinging axes. It will give plenty of laughs.

There's also opportunity for griefing, too. It's like the game revels in it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    It's not much, but I hope that one of you guys will show CS: Source more love than I ever could.
    signature.png

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    SoulGate wrote: »
    Just a heads up. Rune Classic is SO much fun in coop. Get a group together, hacking off heads and swinging axes. It will give plenty of laughs.

There's also opportunity for griefing, too. It's like the game revels in it.

I asked like five times if there were people interested in doing some multiplayer in Rune when it was on sale during its release week and didn't get a single response. :(

• Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    @dudemayn

Thanks in advance for cubemen I'd say more but the testing...oh the glorious science that is being applied.

• Options
    testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    To celebrate my membership in the Steam group:

signature.png

This giveaway includes a bonus copy of Penny Arcade's on the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 Launch Bundle.
    Anyone need all 3 PA games? ;D

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • Options
    TreadLifeTreadLife CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    It's daily deals like today that make me want to spread some cheer. These end Wednesday, after the Steam day begins.

So here are some Galas for those who missed or avoided them so far:

signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

And, for the more adventurous team, I present a multi-player game:

signature.png

Good luck gentlemen, and may these help serve the Newell.

Also, I wouldn't make multiple giveaways at one time if I didn't want you to enter them. Just make sure you are a legit PAer and all will be well. If one of those famed "weirdos" gets in, I will invoke the power of the mods.

TreadLife on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    That reminds me. Just Cause 2 is one of those games that I'll probably never finish the story of, and probably will never explore the whole map...but damn if it's not fun to just jump in for an hour or two, hook line around, and cause general mayhem.

If you're playing JC2 right, chances are you barely noticed that there even is a story.

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Thanks to all those folks giving stuff away.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    DudeMaYnDudeMaYn Registered User regular
    iRevert wrote: »
    @dudemayn

Thanks in advance for cubemen I'd say more but the testing...oh the glorious science that is being applied.

You are most certainly welcome. Sorry, I meant to send it earlier but errands were called to attention. You should now have a lovely cube shaped gift in your inventory.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Awesome, I'll have to enter a few of those in the morning. I have to say as a new pc gamer one of the most impressive things is just how amazing the indie scene is compared to the consoles. Not only is there great stuff but more importantly it seems like more people actually buy and recommend them.

• Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    DudeMaYn wrote: »
    iRevert wrote: »
    @dudemayn

You are most certainly welcome. Sorry, I meant to send it earlier but errands were called to attention. You should now have a lovely cube shaped gift in your inventory.

Doesn't matter if you sent it today or in four weeks. Portal two is taking up my time right now, it also is deciding to bug out which caused several spastic fits of rage today.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Awesome, I'll have to enter a few of those in the morning. I have to say as a new pc gamer one of the most impressive things is just how amazing the indie scene is compared to the consoles. Not only is there great stuff but more importantly it seems like more people actually buy and recommend them.

It's kind of interesting to see how the indie scene, to me anyway, seemed to really kick off on the consoles a few years ago with stuff like Braid, Castle Crashers, Super Meat Boy, etc. Nowadays it's all about the PC.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Did anyone get Lego Batman 2? I heard somewhere that the PC version didn't have multiplayer and would really like some conformation on that one way or another.

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular

I remember back when Steam was still a new thing and the conventional wisdom was that PC gaming was dying and too expensive a hobby.

Good times.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular

I remember back when Steam was still a new thing and the conventional wisdom was that PC gaming was dying and too expensive a hobby.

Good times.

I remember back when Steam was still a new thing I was worried that buying HL2 on Steam might fuck me in the longrun should Valve go under. I guess it still could, but Steam seems to be doing alright, although I hear theyre having a massive clearance sale soon...

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    emp123 wrote: »

Good times.

I remember back when Steam was still a new thing I was worried that buying HL2 on Steam might fuck me in the longrun should Valve go under. I guess it still could, but Steam seems to be doing alright, although I hear theyre having a massive clearance sale soon...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mAInAOK2fc

i am imagining gabe newell doing this

• Options
    oakkeoakke Registered User regular
    Just Cause 2 is ridiculously fun. I just wish it'd stop freezing and crashing on me :(

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Elaro wrote: »
    Manetherenwolf is a classy gent who gifted me Ctulhu saves the World!

Did BoDVII go through? I sent it too.

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    In lore, the Vikings were ruthless plunderers.

In Minnesota, the Vikings are ruthless athletes.

In Japan, a "Viking" restaurant is one where you get all the food you can eat.

Very few Japanese are named Ruth, so it's probable that the restaurants are ruthless as well.

On this forum, a @Viking is a ruthless classy gent who gifted me all the Breath of Death VII that I can play.

• Options
    Did anyone get Lego Batman 2? I heard somewhere that the PC version didn't have multiplayer and would really like some conformation on that one way or another.
    I don't have it yet, but that great video somebody posted yesterday of Superman flying around Gotham had a prompt for a second player to press F2 to join in. I would not be surprised if the coop is local only though. The only LEGO game that has online is Star Wars Complete Saga. Tt didn't include it (at least in the 360 versions that I played) in anything past that.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    VerboseVerbose That one guy over there. That guy. Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Two questions:

Is the Steam Summer Sale set for a solid date or is it just SOON? I had thought it was starting today (the 25th) but I only heard that on the rumor mill I guess.

And, How likely is it that the Civ V Gods&Kings will go on sale during said Summer Sale, assuming it is soon. I am interested in the expansion but $30 just seems a little to hefty to me...

Verbose on
  • Options
    I think it is a good bet to go on sale, but since it is new I wouldn't expect anything especially deep for it.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    emp123 wrote: »

Good times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mAInAOK2fc

i am imagining gabe newell doing this

This is a wonderful post. And it doesn't have anything to do with using Arrested Development in a topical manner to Steam Service.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Verbose wrote: »
    Two questions:

Is the Steam Summer Sale set for a solid date or is it just SOON? I had thought it was starting today (the 25th) but I only heard that on the rumor mill I guess.

And, How likely is it that the Civ V Gods&Kings will go on sale during said Summer Sale, assuming it is soon. I am interested in the expansion but $30 just seems a little to hefty to me...

Previously the sale included the 4th of July weekend, so it shouldn't be too far away.

In the winter sale fairly newly released stuff such as Skyrim had a daily sale for 33% off, but that was it and they had been out longer than G&K. You might get lucky and get it at 25-33% off.

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    I don't have it yet, but that great video somebody posted yesterday of Superman flying around Gotham had a prompt for a second player to press F2 to join in. I would not be surprised if the coop is local only though. The only LEGO game that has online is Star Wars Complete Saga. Tt didn't include it (at least in the 360 versions that I played) in anything past that.

It's local co-op only, which is a shame. Also you can't get rid of the constantly blinking 2nd player prompt, but otherwise the game is great and well worth the price.

• Options
    thejaxxthejaxx Expo Zone Leader Tukwila, WaRegistered User regular
    They finally got around to adding it to the list. So here it is.

Open to all PA group members that have contributed 0.01 or more. :p

signature.png

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    The past summer sales started on the last Thursday of June, so it'll likely begin the 28th.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    I'm starting to buy that indie dev's claim that it's later. No real new stuff on the registry (publisher complete packs and themed packs should be showing up by now), only 1 leaked achievement so far. They've either gotten very good at hiding things or it's not coming that soon.

Corpekata on
  • Options
    cpugeek13cpugeek13 Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    TreadLife wrote: »

And, for the more adventurous team, I present a multi-player game:

signature.png

Only one person entered so far? I'd be lying if i said i wasn't a little disappointed. This is game is seriously awesome guys. I bought it the other week and and really loving it. The MoW series is without a doubt my favorite rts series.

cpugeek13 on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I haven't done any Steamgifts since I tend to do all my gifting manually, or I'd consider it.

That said I'm always wary of RTSes, especially multiplayer only ones, because I am bad at them.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    I own it myself, the base game at least, and would not want to take it away simply to get what is supposed to be some rather blah DLC.

• Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    I feel like I've had a long enough sabbatical from buying steam games (a week orso, maybe two), my body is ready for the summer sales

Alegis on
This discussion has been closed.