Options

[The Secret World] - Cthulhu is all over this

• Options
    BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    Oh ya... we've used Arcadians in a few games for stuff... so that server name fits all to well.

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Chara wrote: »
    The name of the RP realm has been changed to Arcadia due to fan reaction to the homosexual name Faerie.

Seriously.

Needs another server to be re-named Stark to go along with it.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    LouieLouie Registered User regular
    Are you telling me I have to rp as a human on Earth in present time?

Fuck no!

camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Arcadia and Templar it is for me then...

• Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    Louie wrote: »

Fuck no!

Come now brother, we will be fighting monsters together just like in real life.

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    steejeesteejee Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Chara wrote: »
    The name of the RP realm has been changed to Arcadia due to fan reaction to the homosexual name Faerie.

Seriously.

I wanted to be a Faerie :(

steejee on
    The Great DAMNED STEAM SALES AND WII/U Backlog
    Just Finished: Borderlands (waste of $7)/Mario Brothers U/The Last Story/Tropico 4
    Currently Playing: NS2/ZombiU/PlanetSide 2/Ys/Dota2/Xenoblade Chronicles
    On Hold: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within/GW2/Scribblenauts
    Coming Next: Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones/X-Com Classic
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Esh wrote: »
    Arcadia and Templar it is for me then...

Ditto.

Wasn't paying attention to this game really, but playing the last beta and finding out its classless, no levels and 3 faction pvp... ya I'm gonna be in tomorrow right when it comes online.

Badwrong on

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Honestly, I wish they'd kept Faerie. It'd keep the real geese off the server/dimension/whatever.

Esh on
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    Yeah, Arcadia puts it at the top of the sever list as well D:

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    "Arcadia."

No shit.

That's pretty unreal. I'm in. I'll be "Josias". Illuminati, of course.

Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Options
    We're gonna need an updated OP pretty soon for players and factions and cabals. Has @Zzulu been around?

• Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    I'm down for Arcadia. Prolly roll Templar as well.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Yeah Arcadia sounds perfect. Not an RPer myself, but really dumb names is kind of a pet peeve of mine. Nicknames don't bother me, people have dumb nicknames in real life. :P

Fuck no!

Dude A: "Did you watch 'Dancing With the Stars' last night?
    Dude B: "Nah man, I got it Tivo'd though. Had to go to my in-laws last weekend."
    Dube A: "Harsh man, harsh. Don't they live up state?
    Dude B: "Yeah, was like a five hour drive. Costs an arm and a leg in gas!"
    Dude A: "Shit's out of hand man, damn politicians."
    Dude B: Heads up! That twisted abomination of the Elder Gods is holding the Lantern of Ng'klat Sough! It can unmake the fabric of reality!"

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    PoolCuePoolCue Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    anyone else having problems patching/downloading this game? I'm been stuck on 'Downloading patch information' forever

edit: nevermind, it just now started to work again

PoolCue on
  • Options
    PeffPeff Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    Yeah Arcadia sounds perfect. Not an RPer myself, but really dumb names is kind of a pet peeve of mine. Nicknames don't bother me, people have dumb nicknames in real life. :P

Fuck no!

Dude A: "Did you watch 'Dancing With the Stars' last night?
    Dude B: "Nah man, I got it Tivo'd though. Had to go to my in-laws last weekend."
    Dube A: "Harsh man, harsh. Don't they live up state?
    Dude B: "Yeah, was like a five hour drive. Costs an arm and a leg in gas!"
    Dude A: "Shit's out of hand man, damn politicians."
    Dudbe B: Heads up! That twisted abomination of the Elder Gods is holding the Lantern of Ng'klat Sough! It can unmake the fabric of reality!"

Where do I sign up?

;)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Hey, anyone know if they have plans to ever add height/weight options (or picking from body sizes) any time soon?

I noticed that a lot of the NPCs all had different heights/weights, but not players. :(

Axen on
  • Options
    Did we decide on The Last Christmas as the Templar cabal name?

• Options
    CharaChara Registered User regular
    stolen from the SA forums,
    From closed beta forums:

"Hi all,

Until yesterday, the hottest topic on these boards was character creation and character customisation. It's something we've been getting a lot of questions and comments about, and we've answered that we have plans to expand upon this post-launch.

Today, I'd like to share some of those plans with you. Keep in mind that we just started working on these features, and they may change. Our tentative delivery date may also change -- it's the nature of game development -- but we wanted to share some target dates with you, so that you have something concrete to look forward to.

With that out of the way, let's get started:

PLASTIC SURGERY, OR THE MODERN PROMETHEUS

In a nondescript building in Brooklyn, a high-tech facility contains the weird science of Dr. Aldini -- a pioneer in paraplastic surgery: a method to shape living flesh into any form. For the right price. (Cue maniacal laughter.)

Players will be able to visit The Modern Prometheus to get a TOTAL makeover. From head to, well, head. Whatever you want: a new nose, a tweaked chin, a nip and a tuck to the eyes or the hairline, removing or adding some wrinkles or freckles -- you can adjust your appearance or you can become a whole new person. The only thing you CAN'T do under Dr. Aldini's assortment of distressingly rusty knives is change gender...although the good doctor is working on some experimental concoctions for that particular 'problem' as well.

At Dr. Aldini, the first 'consultation' is always free, but anything after that is going to cost -- and the doctor prefers PAX. Where he buys his arcane supplies, the U.S. dollar holds little sway.

To support The Modern Prometheus in its gross 'science', we will be adding a lot of new base heads and nose, eye, chin and mouth modifications to choose from. There will be more variety across the board, more opportunities to look unique, more choices to make before you give the thumbs up to Aldini and his depraved assistants.

"Close your eyes, sweet. This WILL hurt."

OCKHAM'S RAZOR

Situated on the border between Ealdwic and Darkside, this ancient London establishment is known for its skill and dedication to the fine craft of shearing, shaving, cropping and, well, replacing heads of hair. And, also, unfortunately, the occasional head. (No money back.)

The ageing triplets Ockham who operate this venerable establishment can offer anything from a simple dye job -- perhaps it's time to wash out that neon red colour, seeing as you're moving up in the Illuminati ranks -- to that most miraculous of haircuts: the Reversal, where your Templars-issue crew cut transforms into flowing, curly locks. The bald can finally feel the wind blowing through their hair; the shaggy can finally stop blow-drying every morning.

As with The Modern Prometheus, the first visit is gratis, but the triplets are in the business of doing business, and PAX is their aphrodisiac. To look fashionable, and to sport the latest in couture you'll need to earn some coins from your secret society before sitting down in that chair.

Ockham's Razor will receive a variety of new hair styles and eyebrow shapes to choose from, in all the colours of the rainbow. Men will also find a fresh assortment of facial hair, from the friendly muttonchops to new and exciting varieties of the trusted soul patch -- and some really EPIC moustaches. Yes, now you too can sport the Magnum P.I. and have ALL the ladies.

Finally, there is:

EXECUTION

which is relocating from its grubby London locales to fresh new digs in Seoul, and can offer an extensive and pleasurably painful variety of tattoos, scars and other body modifications.

Want your own personal Book of Blood? Done. But more on the Hellraiseresque activities of Execution's fine artisans at a later point.

So when is all this coming?

Our current target for The Modern Prometheus and Ockham's Razor is the end of August -- Execution is a bit further down the line. We'll be working hard to deliver on that, although since we also want to offer as much quality and variety as possible, the delivery date might change. We'll keep you updated as we go along, and we'll offer a preview and some screenshots and videos when the time is right. You'll also see some construction activities in London, New York and Seoul as we start building these locations. And as with everything in The Secret World, there will be stories to go with it...

We have always planned on offering further character customisation down the line, and since The Secret World encourages sticking with one character for a very long time, we didn't want players to feel 'stuck' with how their avatars look. In light of recent discussions about character creation, however, we decided to prioritise and push these features into development a lot sooner -- which benefits all of you. And me. Since I REALLY want the Magnum P.I.

Feel free to discuss these features and to offer your comments and ideas in this thread. We are, as always, listening, and though we cannot fulfil all wishes, we can at least hear what you guys think, and take that into account.

Have fun playing tomorrow, and I'll see you in game!

Cheers,

Ragnar"

• Options
    QuintessinQuintessin Registered User regular
    Have they said what time servers open tomorrow for Early Access? Or did I just miss it. Cause I totally didn't look very hard.

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    I, too, am at the Downloading Patch Information screen without much happening. Have been there for quite a while and I get the feeling that I'm going to be seeing that screen a lot over the next four days. Looks like they have turned off new forum activations, too. Thanks a bunch.

Also some weenie already reserved the name "Fairchild".

When the time comes for me to wreak my revenge on all who have thwarted me, I shall be swift, brutal, and merciless.

• Options
    Quintessin wrote: »
    Have they said what time servers open tomorrow for Early Access? Or did I just miss it. Cause I totally didn't look very hard.

9am PDT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    When you reserve a name is it just the nickname or is it the full name?

• Options
    Badwrong wrote: »
    Quintessin wrote: »

9am PDT

Really? Oh man, work from home day tomorrow too! Perfect!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PoolCuePoolCue Registered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »
    I, too, am at the Downloading Patch Information screen without much happening. Have been there for quite a while and I get the feeling that I'm going to be seeing that screen a lot over the next four days. Looks like they have turned off new forum activations, too. Thanks a bunch.

Also some weenie already reserved the name "Fairchild".

When the time comes for me to wreak my revenge on all who have thwarted me, I shall be swift, brutal, and merciless.

yeah i'm back to getting that same problem

I think they're tinkering with their patch servers in prep for the early access or something

that or it's crashed.

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    I strongly suspect that the patch servers are down. Pushing out last-second updates, I assume.

EDIT- There's a note on the loading now telling us that they are patching the patch client. After that they will no doubt patch the patches on the patching client.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    CharaChara Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    When you reserve a name is it just the nickname or is it the full name?

Nickname, the first and last names don't have to be unique.

• Options
    I assume people see our nicknames then and not the full name?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options

You see it all, ala Firstname "Nickname "Lastname, it's just the First/Last don't have to be unique, just the nickname.

• Options
    edited June 2012

When you chat they only see nicknames. Otherwise when you click on people you'll see the full name. ie: Joe "Snuffy" Smith.

edit- Groan, 'Axen' was already taken.

Axen on
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Can't find a full skill wheel out yet... I'm hoping the healing and tank stuff isn't limited to just one weapon type? So far I've only heard hammers are tank stuff, but this is based off a half finished skill wheel calculator.

edit: nvm, this has tons of build info: http://yokaiblog.wikidot.com/guides:build-mechanics

Badwrong on

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Yet another little touch I enjoy about TSW is that the NPCs reference real world things instead of made up mumbo-jumbo.

I remember one pair of NPCs in particular. A dude made a Star Trek reference and his partner calls him out on it. Though it seemed (at least to me) that the guy only knew what the phrase meant and was unaware of its relation to Star Trek. :P

Axen on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    http://thesecretsandbox.com/DeckBuilder/

Character builder for TSW. Have at it.

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    http://thesecretsandbox.com/DeckBuilder/

Character builder for TSW. Have at it.

I hope someone goes ahead and improves this. Basics are there, but man there's a lot more work that needs to be done.

• Options
    ParadisoParadiso Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    So the nickname makes sense from a chat perspective but is there also some functionality in place to reach someone via a global handle?

Paradiso on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    The nickname.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    Are the patching servers back up yet?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
  • Options
    So to get things in a fairly neat order, let us list what we got planned so far.

Server- Arcadia (RP)

The Cabals:

The Six Mouths (for the Dragons)
    The Last Christmas (for the Templars)
    We Are Nice Guys (for the Illuminati)

I look forward to smashing you Dragon/Illuminati punks on the field of glorious battle!

• Options
    NyhtNyht Registered User regular
    The fact that they renamed Faerie because people thought it sounded homosexual makes me very sad and a bit sick. Still will play the game and I'll be jumping to Arcadia too but I had every intention of jumping happily onto Faerie.

• Options
    Been going through the old comics for laughs and found one that had something in it that might make a good name for the Templars.

The Sword of Ronard

Yay or nay? I am fine with The Last Christmas and it probably isn't as obscure as the name above.

This discussion has been closed.