As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Old busted Steam thread. Go find the new hotness.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Idx86 wrote: »
    I thought everyone got Faerie Solitaire when the dev gave away 25,000 free copies on Steamgifts?

If you didn't, you missed a gem.

Seriously, what a fun game.

I had it on my phone so I passed on that. Still it's a great game

• Options
    JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    @Tofystedeth is a classy gent. After checking my email after moving all day yesterday I see he has gifted me Penny-Arcade Adventures 3! Thank you good sir. It also came with copies of Cthulu Saves the World and Breath of Death 7, which I already have, so if anyone wants them let me know.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Drovek wrote: »
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    anoffday wrote: »
    So final verdict on Guerrilla? I've never played a Red Faction game.

Judging from everyone's description, it seems like it's basically Just Cause 2...in space...with a sledgehammer. Just turn the difficulty all the way down and wreck shit. If that sounds like your kind of fun, go for it.

Except you wreck shit in the most fun way. Which is kinda like JC2, except wrecked shit wrecks other shit.
    I still remember this giant steel sphere (it was part of a monument) rolling down a bridge, breaking the road until it fell through a big hole and into the lower road, and going on forever into the sunset.

Also: last story level is bullshit on highest diff.

My favorite weapon was truck. Truck could kill people in one hit and if deployed at high speeds, truck would leave truck-shaped holes in walls/ceilings. Truck forever. Truck.

Oh, that too.

And now I want to play it again, but have this huge backlog to look forward to. Grrrrrr.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    hamdingershamdingers Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    anoffday wrote: »
    So final verdict on Guerrilla? I've never played a Red Faction game.

It is fun, but it got a bit long in the tooth. The environmental destruction is fairly unique nowadays so I recommend it for the price.

Like GTA(any #) ... I quickly lost interest in the story but had a blast just driving around and blowing shit up. It does have probably the best destructible environment stuff ever, esp once you get that matter eating gun.

• Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    Gear Girl wrote: »
    Your winners are..
    Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45(Steam Key) - @tuxkamen

Sacre bleu! Quel fromage!

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Malakaius wrote: »
    Big Isy wrote: »
    weird I thought they were dlc but they're not in the store on the mobile app :/

They are free on PC if you edit an ini file, no other way to get them as far as I know.

awesome. Makes sense being EA. Atleast they stent available from the beginning like the Dead Space 2 items :/

challenge still stands! Atleast until future soldier comes up D:

Big Classy on
  • Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    Particulary enjoyed one mission in RF:G that was pretty much a car chase scene, except I was in the back of the car being chased, sending the chasing vehicles cartwheeling all over Mars with huge explosions. Ultra-satisfying.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    R0land1188R0land1188 Registered User regular
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Bought RF:A, and almost bought three other games in the process just because I was going through the motion. I call this the "Target Effect" whereby you go in for a toothbrush, and leave with a new TV and a three story playhouse for your cat, Mr. Peabody.

As long as you have a bird, dog, or small rodent named Sherman, Mr. Peabody is the only acceptable name for a cat.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    BTW Shogun 2 flash deal is insane right now

Especially if you've been looking at all the DLC and going "meh"

All of that is 75% off

All the faction packs + the unit pack is 8 bucks right now

Yeah yeah you could just play other clans via mods

But that's still really cheap and is highly tempting

Let the waffling begin

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Glad I logged on before the daily rollover - almost missed the New Vegas flash sale.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I really liked the challenge missions where you had to destroy buildings with a limited amount of explosives and your hammer with a time limit. It was like a puzzle, trying to figure out what parts of the structure supported the most weight and would bring the whole thing down.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    KogareruKogareru Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    You guys are awesome and This community is far and away the best on the intertubes. So I'm giving away a copy of Killing Floor to the poor souls who have yet to experience it's badassery.

signature.png

Kogareru on
    GW2: mKoga-Ultra
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    I have succumbed to the Fallout flash sale, at the final minute. TAKE THIS ONE'S CREDITS, NEWELL.

In other news...Binding of Isaac!

signature.png

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    Ending shortly

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    Haha Arnie rocks. :^:

Can someone tell me if there dresses add alot to Alice madness returns? If its just cosmetic, ill pass.
    They each have a different effect on gameplay. They should NOT be used on a first playthrough, you should just go with default, and allow the game to give you a dress per level.

However, on a second playthrough, some of them do have many helpful effects. Like one makes you lose Teeth instead of health. Another gives you shrink vision all the time (Without the purple overlay) so you will always know where the game is telling you a secret is.

Because you cant Buy them. They were a pre-order thing only. However, they are in the game files, and literally all you need to do to access them is change a value in the INI.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    I delayed my lunch by 30 minutes to see the new flash deals/dailies. The excitement is building.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    I just got myself the season pass, shark attack and Funtime pack for Saints Row.. those should be pretty good right?

JMan711 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LouieLouie Registered User regular
    I am getting vibes of an arma 2 deal and spec ops the line...... wishful thinking?

camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    signature.png

Only two minutes left

Don't want anyone to miss out

• Options

Can someone tell me if there dresses add alot to Alice madness returns? If its just cosmetic, ill pass.
    They each have a different effect on gameplay. They should NOT be used on a first playthrough, you should just go with default, and allow the game to give you a dress per level.

However, on a second playthrough, some of them do have many helpful effects. Like one makes you lose Teeth instead of health. Another gives you shrink vision all the time (Without the purple overlay) so you will always know where the game is telling you a secret is.

Because you cant Buy them. They were a pre-order thing only. However, they are in the game files, and literally all you need to do to access them is change a value in the INI.

Pretty sure I did that change but I never noticed the dlc. There must have been a menu I missed somewhere

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular

Pretty sure I did that change but I never noticed the dlc. There must have been a menu I missed somewhere
    They get put in the dresses and weapons section in the main menu.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Thoroughly meh deals

kotor, rage, metro 2033, iron front, Assassin's Creed (various), AoE3, Men of War, Dear Esther.

Louie on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Oh god..dont make the mistake i just did.

I added up what id spent so far.
    up to 82.45 USD.
    theres still a week left...im doomed.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    Today does not impress.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I heard bad things about Fable III.

• Options
    MyiagrosMyiagros Registered User regular
    Louie wrote: »
    Thoroughly meh deals

kotor, rage, metro 2033, iron front, AC1, AoE3, Men of War, Dear Esther.
    AC is actually all AC titles 66% off. $44.79 for the entire pack.

iRevert wrote: »
    Because if you're going to attempt to squeeze that big black monster into your slot you will need to be able to take at least 12 inches or else you're going to have a bad time...
    Steam: MyiagrosX27
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    New sales are up.
    Star wars knights of the old republic
    Iron front
    rage
    Indie bundle 5 ( Audiosurf, Gemini rue, greed corps, The tiny bang story, Y's the oath in Felghana)
    Men of war
    Dear Esther
    Age of empires 3
    assassins creed.
    Metro 2033

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    That FEAR bundle is a great deal. Also, buy KotOR if you haven't played it yet.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    Whats in the new indie bundle - says it's not available in my region

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    ASSCREEEEEEEEEEED! Nioce!

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    Myiagros wrote: »
    Thoroughly meh deals

All AC games except the latest one for 75 percent off each. Latest one is 66 percent off.

• Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    Am I the only one that's been kinda disappointed that we seem to max out at -75%. Am I just misremembering, or haven't we gotten down to -88% in previous sales?

• Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    Metro 2033 and KotoR are the only things that really stand out today, but I would hope everyone already has them. Maybe Dear Esther is finally worth it at that price.

• Options
    Was the fear 2 dlc included in the game? I bought the base 2 from Gmg a while ago and when I went to the dlc page just now it says I own it already.

• Options
    testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    The Assassin's Creed deal is a bit wonky...

Price of individual games: $39.19
    Price of bundle: $44.79

Yes, you save a whopping -$5.60 buying the bundle.

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    Am I the only one that's been kinda disappointed that we seem to max out at -75%. Am I just misremembering, or haven't we gotten down to -88% in previous sales?

I could swear I've bought something at 90% off before, too.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    MyiagrosMyiagros Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Myiagros wrote: »
    Thoroughly meh deals

All AC games except the latest one for 75 percent off each. Latest one is 66 percent off.

If you are buying the entire pack, get them individually, they messed up the bundle price.

39.19 USD Price of individual games
    $44.79 USD Bundle cost

iRevert wrote: »
    Because if you're going to attempt to squeeze that big black monster into your slot you will need to be able to take at least 12 inches or else you're going to have a bad time...
    Steam: MyiagrosX27
  • Options
    The price for Brotherhood looks nice, but I think I will just skip to III when it finally comes out.

If I really want my RPG itch scratched, is Fable III worth it?

I think I will go to a five dollars or less thing for the rest of the sale.

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Odd that KOTOR's a daily when it was a flash sale just before. I guess this means the SW collection won't get a higher discount. :(

• Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    One more day to get in on DotA!

signature.png

A huge thanks to @Massena for gifting me Fractal. He said he'd gift someone Orcs Must Die for an invite to the group but I just invited him and forgot about it, then bought OMD for myself. What a gentleman. Fractal is pretty awesome.

Today's deals:
    Age of Empires 3: -75%
    Dear Esther: -75%
    Rage: -66%
    KOTOR: -75%
    Men of War: -75%
    Assassin's Creed Franchise: -66%
    Metro 2033: -75%
    Iron Front Liberation 1944: -33%
    Indie Bundle 5 [Audiosurf, Gemini Rue, Greed Corp, The Tiny Bang Story, Ys: The Oath in Felghana]: -75%

Current flash deals:
    Fear Franchise: -75%
    Fable 3: -75%
    Cave Story: -75%
    Total War Shogun 2: -75%

This discussion has been closed.