As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Prime] The Fifth Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament [Full!]

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Shade wrote: »
    I started training last night. two pitchers, and a few shots, and while I don't feel like death, I don't feel great either. I'm thinking I will definitely take it easy this year.

Persevere! Your liver can take it!

Watch Beerfest while practicing for motivation. :D

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    vgcvgc United StatesRegistered User regular
    I was honestly not planning on drinking THAT much at the TWDT. I'm a natural lightweight and I just didn't think that I could drink like I was 21 anymore. That all changed last night when I downed shots all night until last call. I didn't even puke! I still got it!

• Options
    AerithdarkoAerithdarko Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I'm taking my wife TWDT'ing this year as a birthday present and I worked up a cool acceptance letter for her. Let me know if you want me to upload the .psd somewhere so you can edit it for your own purposes. dtc-wsuv.org/amay/TWDTInvite.jpg

Aerithdarko on
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Oh, that is just so sweet!

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    AerithdarkoAerithdarko Registered User regular
    Thanks! It helped make up for poor party planning on my part.

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    A fun little thing to do is to buy a couple of rolls of $1 coins for the drink buying, and call then Galleons.
    The only downside is that carrying a lot of dollar coins can get quite heavy. Make sure your pockets are in good repair!

26904.png
  • Options
    Stupid wrote: »
    A fun little thing to do is to buy a couple of rolls of $1 coins for the drink buying, and call then Galleons.
    The only downside is that carrying a lot of dollar coins can get quite heavy. Make sure your pockets are in good repair!

Already ahead of you there! Spent the past two weekends paying in $1, although it is a pain carrying a bunch of dollar coins.

• Options
    AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    I'm taking my wife TWDT'ing this year as a birthday present and I worked up a cool acceptance letter for her. Let me know if you want me to upload the .psd somewhere so you can edit it for your own purposes. dtc-wsuv.org/amay/TWDTInvite.jpg

That's super nice - Hope she likes it!

Have you trained your owl to deliver it to her? Let me know if you need help, I know a guy.

• Options
    edgeofbladeedgeofblade Warlock Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    I would love to approach an opposing house with nerf guns and when we are within 50 or so feet, we unleash a hail of whistling nerf "magic missiles" flying from our "wands". That's probably discouraged...

6YJGH2V.png
  • Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    Plus, come bar five, noone wants to be toting around nerf guns. :P

why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    Itty bitty, in your pocket AND nice to see you. http://nerf.wikia.com/wiki/Jolt_EX-1

6YJGH2V.png
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I think that's probably a bad idea.

• Options
    douglasbouttelldouglasbouttell Glasgow, UKRegistered User regular
    I would love to approach an opposing house with nerf guns and when we are within 50 or so feet, we unleash a hail of whistling nerf "magic missiles" flying from our "wands". That's probably discouraged...

Nerf rounds can still hurt if they hit you in the eye. Also, I think most bars wouldn't allow you to use them anywhere near their premises. I would just follow PAX rules for this.

Douglas Bouttell: Geek, Engineer, Weirdo

PAX East 2013 Status
    Hotel: Waterfront Westin; Flight: Booked; Pass: Purchased; Suitcase: Packed

PAX Prime 2012 Status: Level Complete
    TWDT'12: Hufflepuff OotP
  • Options
    jujujuju [E] Line Entertainment! Brookline, MARegistered User regular
    Looking at last year's challenges I am wondering, does "one beer" mean one beer or can it mean ales, ciders and whatnot (I.e. no hard liquor)?

I only say this because I don't like the taste of beer... *awaits the argument that will ensue*

Lindeman's Framboise lambic is technically "beer" even though it tastes like raspberry soda, looks like pink champagne, and smells like heaven.

http://www.lindemans.be/start/framboise/en/

Lindeman's Framboise Lambic tastes godly mixed with Young's Double Chocolate Stout... and a shot of Cake Vodka.

Anyone at my birthday party this year (Atlus included) would've seen me downing those puppies like no tomorrow :D

PAX East '10-16 Pokecrawl || Team Green's Awesome PokeProf!
    PAX Prime '10-'13 Triwizard Drinking Tournament || Hufflepuff Head of House!
    Twitter: @jujukoo
    [E]
  • Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    @edgeofblade: So discouraged.

@juju: That'd be the same night I became a Pokemon City Champ. :D

And since I've finally been able to sit down and order the scorecards, here they are!
    lightcard.jpg
    darkcard.jpg

• Options
    @edgeofblade: So discouraged.

So not happening then. No worries. :-)

6YJGH2V.png
  • Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    And since I've finally been able to sit down and order the scorecards, here they are!
    lightcard.jpg
    darkcard.jpg

Atlus, you are nothing fucking short of fucking amazing.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    Also, I'd like to point out that I'll be at the Sheraton Pre-PAX Board game meetup well before the Pre-PAX Dinner and TWDT start, if anyone wants to pick up their beer steins beforehand. You know.. so you can have them filled up on the way...

• Options
    SageheartSageheart Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
    lightcard.jpg
    darkcard.jpg

Wow! Those look fantastic!

Tickets + Flight + Hotel = SEE YOU AT PAX 2012!
    Pre-PAX Dinner | Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament | Post-PAX Party
    2012 Prime Buttoneer (Main | Bonus)
    Ravenclaw Death Eaters, Head Boy - Ravenclaw DE is on Twitter and Facebook!
  • Options
    stabn_stabn_ Registered User regular
    Scorecards are amazing! :

Slytherin Headboy: Order of the Phoenix!
  • Options
    Those scorecards are awesome! Is the text placeholder or will there be a separate thingy listing what each challenge entails?

Harry Potter and Three Wizards, One Goblet
    Giggidy.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I think I'm going to die of alcohol poisoning during this tournament and miss PAX

• Options
    UnfetteredUnfettered Registered User regular
    Death is but a door. Time is but a window. Drink at PAX.

Hufflepuff DE - HoH - Huffledrunk 4 Lyf!

RIP: uncomfortably hot tire vest

u want destiny raid? We be raidin'! XBL: Unfettered
  • Options
    JediknightkarlJediknightkarl Registered User regular
    because i wanted to wait until the other house anouncements died down. GRYFFINDOR OotP I look foward to getting quite drunk with you again (well...technically for the first time as a member of "The Order")

damn...bit my tongue....i hate that.
  • Options
    I am getting more and more excited about PAX! This is going to be an awesome way to start the whole weekend off!

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    juju wrote: »
    Looking at last year's challenges I am wondering, does "one beer" mean one beer or can it mean ales, ciders and whatnot (I.e. no hard liquor)?

I only say this because I don't like the taste of beer... *awaits the argument that will ensue*

Lindeman's Framboise lambic is technically "beer" even though it tastes like raspberry soda, looks like pink champagne, and smells like heaven.

Lindeman's Framboise Lambic tastes godly mixed with Young's Double Chocolate Stout... and a shot of Cake Vodka.

Anyone at my birthday party this year (Atlus included) would've seen me downing those puppies like no tomorrow :D

Oh. My. God.

I think I'm in love.

26904.png
  • Options
    Also, I'd like to point out that I'll be at the Sheraton Pre-PAX Board game meetup well before the Pre-PAX Dinner and TWDT start, if anyone wants to pick up their beer steins beforehand. You know.. so you can have them filled up on the way...

Only question I have is if bars will fill your own glasses. Will it be a waste to take these on the crawl?

6YJGH2V.png
  • Options
    namelessbanananamelessbanana Registered User regular

Atlus, you are nothing fucking short of fucking amazing.

He is..... a wizard.

• Options
    UlduricUlduric Registered User regular
    Would a shirt and tie be sufficient for proper school attire or are robes or a sweater vest required for completion of the bonus challenge?

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    I've rocked just a Ravenclaw tie (although last year I picked up the Ravenclaw Quidditch Captain t-shirt to go with it) and gotten the "dress up" bonus.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    juju wrote: »

Oh. My. God.

I think I'm in love.

Juju IS pretty awesome....

Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Ulduric wrote: »
    Would a shirt and tie be sufficient for proper school attire or are robes or a sweater vest required for completion of the bonus challenge?

Just a shirt and tie would be plenty to count as completion. The challenge just requires that you've got the house colours on you. Hell, if you want to dress in a house themed steampunk outfit or as a tacticool SWAT wizard knock yourself out.

Case in point, I'm going as a Slytherin frat boy this year:
    photo.jpg
    And last year I went as Hunter "Slytherin" Thompson:

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    AKReignAKReign Registered User regular
    The wilder people get the more fun looks we get from non paxers. I myself go with a green corset and black clothes.
    A cheap costume (if not mentioned before) Go to Salvation Army or Value Village and get a black graduation gown and slap a house badge from hot topic on it.

~Lurking through PAX since 2008~ [E]
    - Slytherin OotP: HoH - Twitter -Slytherin OotP
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Amazon sells the iron on badges also for a couple bucks (I don't like giving Hot Topic money :3)

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    douglasbouttelldouglasbouttell Glasgow, UKRegistered User regular
    As for my costume, I am going to dig out my graduation gown, wearing a black shirt and pants with a bright yellow tie.

Douglas Bouttell: Geek, Engineer, Weirdo

PAX East 2013 Status
    Hotel: Waterfront Westin; Flight: Booked; Pass: Purchased; Suitcase: Packed

PAX Prime 2012 Status: Level Complete
    TWDT'12: Hufflepuff OotP
  • Options
    RavengerRavenger Trolololo Registered User regular
    @togsolid when should i add whatever the twitter group is for slyther to the in death eaters

<@heels&gt; Ravenger: i do not talk to anyone
    <+Ravenger> you are talking to me
    <@heels&gt; oh god, what am i doing
  • Options
    CrogothCrogoth Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    300828_506069182755873_1935509046_n.jpg

3 weeks ladies and gentlemen!

@Atlus do you have a prefered contact method? i tried a PM

Crogoth on
  • Options
    Ravenger wrote: »
    @togsolid when should i add whatever the twitter group is for slyther to the in death eaters

You can follow @SlytherinDE whenever you want. It's fairly quiet now but it'll definitely light up come PAX. There's also the Facebook page for us where you can get to know your fellow Slytherins. I'll be posting stuff to both accounts there as info shows up in this thread so that people who don't follow this thread will still have access to the route map, challenges, etc.

http://www.facebook.com/events/484070031623113/
    @SlytherinDE

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    AylaviereAylaviere Overlord Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    For you Ravenclaws out there, you should check out the Qwertee shirt of the day :)

East 2015: Hostel/Hotel [✓] Time Off [✓] 3 Day Pass [✓] Pokecrawl [ ]
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Case in point, I'm going as a Slytherin frat boy this year:
    photo.jpg

Awwww, that's awesome! Tog's going in cosplay as a douchebag! :P

LexiconGrrl on
This discussion has been closed.