Options

[League of Legends] It's not punny how much of a thorn in my side Zyra will be.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    Across weekly and monthly you see the same thing. Graves and Ezreal have the highest win rates, with the largest sample sizes when paired with Taric. It's easy to see why too, because they're the 2 AD carries with the best ability to unload burst on the person who just got stunned. Sivir with boomerang blade is really good with him too, but her kit overall is nowhere near as safe and strong as those two.

Ezreal does have the highest win rate with taric, but the other carries have win rates just as high. Look at the actual numbers under the bubbles. The bubble size makes things look brighter.

For instance why do we see, on the monthly charts, 25k Graves/Nunu games and only 5.7k Sivir/Nunu games?

Why do we see 50k Ezreal/Blitzcrank games [53% win rate] and only 12k Miss Fortune/Blitzcrank games [55% win rate]? 12k games is enough to get a proper sample size so its not like we're much more certain of the Ezreal/Blitz strength.

All of the carries, except for Lulu, Karma, and Leona have good champion synergies and bad by those statistics. What is happening atm is that lots of people are playing Ezreal/Taric and Taric/Graves.

Truthfully i think its because fewer people know Leona as a counter to Taric.

You see Ezreal and Graves picked more because they're stronger champs than the other AD carries. Especially Graves, just has literally no weakness in his kit. tankiness, burst damage, mobility, aoe blind/slow, good AS steroid. Ezreal can trade autos with anybody and win because of his W, and has a nice AA reset in Q to enhance his strength in those trades. MF is just not as good as Graves and Ezreal. She's a fine pick, but why pick her when there are two carries(3 really with Corki) who are just stronger at all phases of the game, or others that are far stronger late game(Tristana). You can outplay people with a lesser pick, but it doesn't change that the only reason to pick MF is that you really like playing her.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    How do those lolking charts account for champs that can be played in multiple roles? If Miss Fortune is bot and Nunu's top, is that still counted as an MF-Nunu game?

Burnage on
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    You see Ezreal and Graves picked more because they're stronger champs than the other AD carries. Especially Graves, just has literally no weakness in his kit. tankiness, burst damage, mobility, aoe blind/slow, good AS steroid. Ezreal can trade autos with anybody and win because of his W, and has a nice AA reset in Q to enhance his strength in those trades. MF is just not as good as Graves and Ezreal. She's a fine pick, but why pick her when there are two carries(3 really with Corki) who are just stronger at all phases of the game, or others that are far stronger late game(Tristana). You can outplay people with a lesser pick, but it doesn't change that the only reason to pick MF is that you really like playing her.

Not born out significantly by the data. [And the data actually suggests that Corki is kinda weak]. MF actually has very strong win rates with all supports[that have strong win rates] except Soraka.

The reason you see Graves/Ezreal played a lot is that they aren't countered by an opposing support pick. You can pick them early and not have to worry about someone counter picking your bottom lane hard.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Also Leona costs 6300 and Taric costs much less (1350?).

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I have a question for you good folks. Which of these build orders do you like best on Mord mid, assuming you're against an AP? Or even a different one altogether.

1) Revolver, DFG, Deathcap, Abyssal, GA
    2) Revolver, Deathcap, Abyssal, GA, Zhonya
    3) Revolver, Abyssal, Deathcap, GA, Zhonya

I always build revolver into Wota, but at different times depending on how the game is going. I'm starting to think going abyssal as my first big item might be the best way, just to abuse the mid more having that MR and shred. I've had good success with all the builds, but I don't think I really like DFG all that much on him, even though it's obviously a good choice on him. I'm thinking about possibly going lichbane as a final item if I get that late game too just to make Qs ruin lives even more, but so far I haven't gotten that long of a game.

He's been carrying me nicely in ranked, but I'd appreciate the opinions of the fine people of this thread.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    eeSanG wrote: »
    I hate what they did with the Ashe Freljord skin splash. Lost any sophistication and grace and became a cheerleader Pinup girl.

Asked for a refund and got it.

when I tried this after they ruined shadow prince malz they told me no

• Options
    Goumindong wrote: »

Not born out significantly by the data. [And the data actually suggests that Corki is kinda weak]. MF actually has very strong win rates with all supports[that have strong win rates] except Soraka.

The reason you see Graves/Ezreal played a lot is that they aren't countered by an opposing support pick. You can pick them early and not have to worry about someone counter picking your bottom lane hard.

I agree that Graves and Ezreal aren't countered by an opposing support pick. Or an opposing AD carry pick. Because they're the strongest 2 AD carries right now.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    boots 3hp
    revolver
    boots2
    dfg
    deathcap
    remember you ought to upgrade wota i guess, whatevz
    lololololololololololololololololololo

Your #3 route is situational for an AP heavy team

and imo always get hourglass before GA

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Also Leona costs 6300 and Taric costs much less (1350?).

Another reason why Lulu is less common I think

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Burnage wrote: »
    How do those lolking charts account for champs that can be played in multiple roles? If Miss Fortune is bot and Nunu's top, is that still counted as an MF-Nunu game?

I think it is. For instance, Alistar and Malphite don't show up on the "jungler" stat page and there doesn't appear to be any overlap between tops and junglers or junglers and supports.

It should be possible to weed those out [If Alistar has smite he is a jungler] so long as they get the summoner spell data.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    I have a question for you good folks. Which of these build orders do you like best on Mord mid, assuming you're against an AP? Or even a different one altogether.

I always build revolver into Wota, but at different times depending on how the game is going. I'm starting to think going abyssal as my first big item might be the best way, just to abuse the mid more having that MR and shred. I've had good success with all the builds, but I don't think I really like DFG all that much on him, even though it's obviously a good choice on him. I'm thinking about possibly going lichbane as a final item if I get that late game too just to make Qs ruin lives even more, but so far I haven't gotten that long of a game.

He's been carrying me nicely in ranked, but I'd appreciate the opinions of the fine people of this thread.

I think it really depends on the matchup and how much damage you're taking. Abyssal is much safer, but if you're stomping no reason not to deathcap.

• Options
    Thanks for the input. That's kind of how I've been playing it too. I'm loving Mord. I used to just think i'm not going to play somebody who's that easy to gank. Then I realized I can clear every wave with impunity, because if the enemy farms at their tower I just get wraiths, wolves, their wraiths, or roam for kills in other lanes. If they push back hard to keep me in lane, they're taking away their chance to make me over extend. The shield means I can start farming wraiths/wolves easily by like level 4 or 5 with no health loss. Such a beast.

• Options
    corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    I had an amazing game last night. It was normal blind pick, most mid 20s level range. I end up going top with a feeding Xin who literally spawns and charges right into the enemy duo. I still end up breaking even on the lane as Diana. Then as we get into the first couple of team fights Xin is the first to die as he is under farmed and under leveled. Despite this we are holding our own and perhaps even coming out on top. After like his 11th death Xin calls a surrender vote which we promptly vote down. Xin quits.

I happen to be the only one who notices for a good 10 minutes. After we outright lose a few team fights I mention it. Everyone is like what we didn't even notice. But we struggle on mostly losing the team fights but still pushing towers and eventually inhibs we even get baron once which helps us clear out the final inhib. Finally neither side has any inhibs and the other team goes for baron. We engage them at baron and lose without killing any of them. I call a surrender vote. All they have to do is walk in our base drop two towers and the nexus and win. Surrender vote fails. Other team ports back... I am like ok there are a lot of super minions there. Instead of clearing them out all but one team member heads out to grab other stuff. They lose both their towers. Finally 4 of their members show up to attack our base but two of us are already up. We kill a couple while defending and then bang our super minions drop their nexus. Hilarious. I ended up being the only one on my team with more kills than deaths. This is why you never give up I suppose.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    4 support murderbridge is murderingest bridge.

x6NWJ.jpg

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    I didn't know Lux could actually lose Murderbridge. That's like Xerath losing Murderbridge.

Then again, you did have Soraka and Sona.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular

You need a Rylais. Otherwise that's a super squishy build that people can just kite you through. I normally do Revolver, Kages Pick, Rylais. Then dependent on what we need, build. Double AP? Wota. Getting bursted by their mid? Abyssal. Legendary? Deathcap.

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    I didn't know Lux could actually lose Murderbridge. That's like Xerath losing Murderbridge.

We had to try really hard.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    You guys are talking about ezreal here being able to trade

How I trade better with ezreal?

How I be better ezreal in general?

• Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »

W all the things.

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    MiniwolfMiniwolf Probably somewhere sniffing somethingRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012

One of the regulars k0g (2000+ Elo) on this forum plays a really mean Ez. His stream link is: http://www.own3d.tv/Koguma. If you hang out in his IRC he could probably take you in a game and show you some stuff.

Miniwolf on
    League Of Legends: Ulven
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    Carnarvon wrote: »

and blitz

• Options

Hit your skillshots. That's seriously it, other than general AD carry stuff such as positioning, attack moving, kiting, but that's not exclusive to a single AD carry.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    9-2 in my last 11 ranked solo Q. It's getting easier to do my part to win. I'm not single handedly carrying or anything, but I'm winning my lane every game, and that's a start, and some games I'm carrying pretty hard. Just finished a game as Ashe against a very good Trist/Sona bot lane. Did what I set out to do, which was out CS Trist while putting some points in E early and out golding her. It worked, because I ended the game with 6 kills and her with 4, but due to my E and a couple dragons and one baron I out golded her by like 3k+. I may have had more assists than her too. Our top lane actually got camped and lost, but our mid and bot won, and our Rammus jungle walked over their Lee jungle.

Sometimes team comp is the name of the game too. Our team was Irelia, Ziggs, Rammus, Ashe, Janna, versus Warwick, Mordekaiser, Lee Sin, Trist, Sona. They just didn't have a tanky front line to do anything. Irelia dived Trist every fight, Warwick would want to ult me or ziggs but we both just positioned too well and kited their WW, Lee, and Mord. Ashe with Flash/Ghost and 600 range and a perma slow is just too good for that team comp.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    So, it is my goal to get as high an elo as possible by the time GW2 comes out, because then, LoL thread, fond of you guys as I am, I am likely to show up very rarely.

So far I've gone up over 100 points. 1366 and counting! Supports carry errday.

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    If I don't get to sleep tonight.

None of you do.
    tumblr_m8py7ccVQq1r2tngvo1_500.png

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    edited August 2012

Auto, w, auto, q, auto

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    hitting that W helps a ton in skirmishes with other ranged ADs

• Options
    corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    Rend wrote: »
    So, it is my goal to get as high an elo as possible by the time GW2 comes out, because then, LoL thread, fond of you guys as I am, I am likely to show up very rarely.

Gah I totally pre purchased GW2 and I hoping I can drag myself away from LoL a couple hours a week to get some time with it. It has been a damn long time since a game has got it's claws into me like LoL has.

• Options
    KogumaKoguma Space Jam Enthusiast DunkmaciaRegistered User regular
    Miniwolf wrote: »

One of the regulars k0g (2000+ Elo) on this forum plays a really mean Ez. His stream link is: http://www.own3d.tv/Koguma. If you hang out in his IRC he could probably take you in a game and show you some stuff.

STRONG ADVICE, THIS ONE GIVES

LoL NA: Kog, K0G D1/challenger/master IDK ANYMORE
    You can see me here playing stuff: http://www.twitchtv/mynameiskog
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Tonight I need to do some experimenting to see if Support Star Heimerdinger is as awesome as he seemed or if I just lucked into laning against bads last night. Their team was really weird, vayne/zyra bot, blitz jungle, warwick was either mid or top, and.... don't remember who else, but it was weird. Maybe Vlad.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    corin7 wrote: »
    Rend wrote: »

Gah I totally pre purchased GW2 and I hoping I can drag myself away from LoL a couple hours a week to get some time with it. It has been a damn long time since a game has got it's claws into me like LoL has.

Two days ago I was at 1250. I am now at 1388! My peak from however long ago was 1396. If I win my next game I will beat my peak- and if I win another two games, I'm likely to achieve silver ranking and count myself among the top 10% of players.

[EDIT] Actually if I win my next game I'm likely to achieve silver then and there

Rend on
  • Options
    I tried rengar on the pbe last night.

damn that guy needs some serious nerfs on his q

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Jars wrote: »
    I tried rengar on the pbe last night.

damn that guy needs some serious nerfs on his q

If you set it up right with your ferocity stacks, his item, and your ult you can get 4 Q's off in about 2 seconds or so.

:D

Delphinidaes on
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    eeSanGeeSanG I slice like a goddamn hammer. Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    All this talk about Win Rates with bottom lane combos need to realize that this is the win rate for the game, not the lane. Once people know what they're doing, games will rarely last past 30 minutes because the winning team will end it. Late game AD's suddenly don't get to come back once they've behind or sometimes even equal.

Mid game strength is king in solo queue ranked so champions like Vayne, Tristana, and Caitlyn have lower win rates compared to the safer AD caster Carries.
    Jars wrote: »
    eeSanG wrote: »
    I hate what they did with the Ashe Freljord skin splash. Lost any sophistication and grace and became a cheerleader Pinup girl.

Asked for a refund and got it.

when I tried this after they ruined shadow prince malz they told me no

I wrote my request eloquently with a short story and everything.

eeSanG on
    LFMGb.jpg
    Slice like a god damn hammer. LoL: Rafflesia / BNet: Talonflame#11979
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    They really need to implement a mercy mechanic for surrenders

Having to play out a game with your team down 0/10 before ten minutes is just a waste of everyone's time

• Options
    I had already gotten a refund in the past is the problem, I had no idea they would go all out on ruining as many champion splashes as possible.

• Options
    Pretty sure if you are that bothered by the splashes that you can edit them to be the old ones if you like by replacing the game files.

Sure it is more effort, but there is a workaround at least.

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure my glorious win streak in ranked is about to be over. Got counter picked with Cassio against my Mord, and they have Ali jungle because in spite of us having first pick and him going unbanned, my team did not pick him. My only hope is our Rumble beats Singed, and our MF/Taric bot beats Blitz/Graves, because I am not going to be able to go as aggressive as I want, that's for sure.

• Options
    I'm pretty sure my glorious win streak in ranked is about to be over. Got counter picked with Cassio against my Mord, and they have Ali jungle because in spite of us having first pick and him going unbanned, my team did not pick him. My only hope is our Rumble beats Singed, and our MF/Taric bot beats Blitz/Graves, because I am not going to be able to go as aggressive as I want, that's for sure.

How did Ali get through the bans?

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    eeSanGeeSanG I slice like a goddamn hammer. Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Pretty sure if you are that bothered by the splashes that you can edit them to be the old ones if you like by replacing the game files.

Sure it is more effort, but there is a workaround at least.

No. I wanted Riot to know that I didn't like it >:[

eeSanG on
    LFMGb.jpg
    Slice like a god damn hammer. LoL: Rafflesia / BNet: Talonflame#11979