As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Carnival Catastrophe (Mini)Phalla! Carnie (village) win!

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Don't want to vote him out but if he is the vig holy moly that was a dumb thing to say.

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Wiet

Langly is too easy a target. And one the mafia would like to get rid of.

• Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    I find it more than coincidence that after a rivalry over baseball teams between blah and stever, stever was taken out. Hmmmmmmm

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Nah, that doesn't count as a vig call.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Anyone else get a chuckle out of ebum and jdark both dying to the mafia after their day 1 exchange?

• Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    Gonna vote blah because his exchange with Stever seems like the kinda scripted meaningless exchange two mafia would have on day one (see me and TRV as Roman busts a couple phallas ago).

Today is Bronco Gameday so I'm going to be out tonight, either celebrating or mourning, drunk either way.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    So wait. Mafia members do occasionally actually script out conversations to have in the thread??

Steam profile
  • Options
    WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    That seems

dedicated? I can't come up with a good word.

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    Scripted is a bad word to use, fake or pre-planned would be better.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    GreenbaronsGreenbarons CanadaRegistered User regular
    Sorry guys something came up, my head is not going to be in the game I'm going to have to Withdraw

• Options
    Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    For a lack of any greater insight I'm going to just go with a throw away vote for Langley until something better/clearer comes to light.

• Options
    Cayrus wrote: »
    Scripted is a bad word to use, fake or pre-planned would be better.

Even then, that's just such a.... ahem, interesting decision.

Steam profile
  • Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    Yeh, I don't buy the whole scripted conversation line. Although, if Blah comes up Red at games end I'll happily eat my share of the crow.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Typhus733 wrote: »
    For a lack of any greater insight I'm going to just go with a throw away vote for Langley until something better/clearer comes to light.
    Any particular reason why Typhus?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    None at all, hence why I said it was a throw away. Outside of the weird vote manip shenanigans and the whole stever situation there really isn't much to go on at an individual level. There are some speculative ideas about Blah as others have mentioned but nothing concrete. Langley in particular was literally just a name I saw while skimming for anything meaningful in the past few pages of discussion, he's had low activity (unless I'm mistaken he didn't vote yesterday) so he could be a mafia laying low (unlikely but a possibility) or just someone who, as he said, just forgot about the game in which I doubt there'll be some huge swing of interest for or against him for the vote. Basically just a safe if somewhat random throw away vote until better information comes along.

Typhus733 on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    safe being the keyword ;-)
    I'm mean :rotate:

• Options
    He didn't post at all yesterday, which isn't typical mafia behavior

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    I don't really know who to vote for and I have to go sleep, so I'm going to rely on traditional phalla wisdom and conclude Taya is always evil.

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    finally off work. Gonna read over the thread and catch up on what I missed yesterday.

Also yeah, it has been covered by a couple people, but I will say that my normal behavior, mafia or villager, is to be very active. Beginning of the semester just threw me more than I thought it would.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    I don't know what to make of blah right now. I'm hoping he isn't a vig because we've lost a guard and if that was a reveal, it was pretty sloppy. I just don't think he's worth today's vote and that we should use other means to validate whether he is a threat or not.

• Options
    Weak. It's your own fault for going to classes, clearly.

Steam profile
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I agree but again, none of us really have anyone better to point a finger at. Everyone's votes seem pretty haphazard and spread out today so I'd rather vote someone who's inactive instead of someone both potentially innocent and that provides to the actual discussion going on. Blah's probably dead no matter what and as far as I've seen that's pretty much it for potential suspects and even then he's potentially a village special.

Edit: And there he goes posting removing even that much justification so I've especially got nothing to go on now :/

Typhus733 on
  • Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    Sorry guys something came up, my head is not going to be in the game I'm going to have to Withdraw

Sorry to hear that :(

Is there anyone in reserves who can replace him?

• Options
    I believe Cythraul is a reserve.

He'll be in cahoots with me surely.

• Options
    To be fair to Typhus, Mill also jumped on poor Langly :)

• Options
    Only picked him because I don't have any good leads and would rather the vote ate an inactive than to let inactivus get his fill, while potentially feeding another villager to the lions. I remember that happening in the secrets game, had "Bitch Please" eat two inactives while the vote fell on a villager. :(

I'm pretty sure someone on the Ani wagon is mafia, but no one on there stands out as a good vote.

• Options
    While it's true that mafia try to feign inactivity, they're actually typically more engaged in the game than most, they usually at least give a vote. And given that it's Lang "dirty neutral cop" Ly, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he's actually busy

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mill wrote: »
    Only picked him because I don't have any good leads and would rather the vote ate an inactive than to let inactivus get his fill, while potentially feeding another villager to the lions. I remember that happening in the secrets game, had "Bitch Please" eat two inactives while the vote fell on a villager. :(

I'm pretty sure someone on the Ani wagon is mafia, but no one on there stands out as a good vote.

Well... Kime is always evil. Although, he swapped his vote onto Anialos to try and stop the tie. This just leaves 38th and Egos.

Spoit wrote: »
    While it's true that mafia try to feign inactivity, they're actually typically more engaged in the game than most, they usually at least give a vote. And given that it's Lang "dirty neutral cop" Ly, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he's actually busy

Man, I need to earn myself a fun nickname. D:

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Pfft. Make your own nickname!

Steam profile
  • Options
    Speaking of 38th, the carnival cruise man has been awfully silent day 2.

• Options
    kime wrote: »
    Pfft. Make your own nickname!

Silly kime, that isn't how nicknames work.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    I just like being the center of attention. :)
    Does anyone seriously believe my issues with stever's weird fan affiliations were scripted?
    I could switch my vote out of self-preservation, but I already switched once, and if I die to the vote, it's no big deal, as either way I'm sure I'm dead. No one else has really popped out as being suspicious to me (besides mi-go, maybe), so I'll stick with the Lucedes vote. If I survive the vote and somehow survive the night, it's probably because mafia are trying to cast more suspicion on me.

I'm not going to elaborate any further about who or what I am, as I've said too much already and should definitely shut up now. I've got a busy weekend ahead, and I won't be able to get online again until tomorrow night, so my next post in the thread should probably be my ghost post. Good luck villagers!

• Options
    well you know I was gonna vote for someone on my duna list, blah. But you've won me over and made me vote for someone specific on my duna list ;-)

Cayrus

• Options
    I'll probably be back before vote close but if not, I'm voting for Cayrus. Not a huge reason really.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    well the mafia potentially trying to have their cake and eat it too ( kill a potential vig with the vote and hunt him down with their kills) is not terribly uncommon.

Egos on
  • Options
    blahmcblah wrote: »
    I just like being the center of attention. :)
    Does anyone seriously believe my issues with stever's weird fan affiliations were scripted?
    No.

And in fact, Cayrus for being the first (I think) to mention that.

Steam profile
  • Options
    Awww man. Come on Egos and Taya, now you're just making this look scripted

:P

Steam profile
  • Options
    I think that is a fair point in Kimbie's favor, he did try to put the Ani wagon further than one vote ahead and mention close votes were bad. I'm skeptical a mafia would do that, I could see one mentioning ties are bad if they have vote manip, but I doubt they would draw attention to the possibility of a vote manip tying two people; especially, when it's in their control and both bandwagons are village.

That leaves Egos and 38thDoe.

Egos has been providing a vote count tally and seems to be providing other useful commentary.

38thDoe was rather aggressive in getting people to contact him day one and now he seems rather quiet.

Now I'm curious Egos, can you give us some specifics why you think Cayrus is mafia? Given vote manip could still be in play, we need to know the rational behind all the vote choices, since at some point we're going to want to stack the vote on on one person. I'm not going to push for that till more people vote because voting records are good.

• Options

"Kimbie"?

:lol:

Aaaanyways, I always try to avoid ties, so if I were mafia I'd try to do the same thing.

Steam profile
  • Options
    Kimbie = zombie kime