As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PRIME] PAX Prime 2012 Hotel Discussion

15678911»

• Options
    sanovahsanovah Nerd of the West San Diego, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Hmm may have to try that this year then. Looking at the site I ccould get a room for like 209 before gtaxes the weekend before

• Options
    tsrblketsrblke Registered User regular
    kemikal wrote: »
    To echo tsrblke, the Hyatt was awesome! Our room looked exactly like the photos that tardcore posted. Service was friendly, it's super close to WSCC, and I believe at the end of the trip, the invoice they gave us actually charged us a little less than $200 per night, minus taxes and whatnot. My boyfriend and I actually used the soaker tub for one night, and it is roomy enough for two. When we both left our key cards in the room because we thought the other had it, the receptionist was quick to issue us a replacement without any extra charges or questions.

The key cards themselves, however, had an advertisement for a local spa. I was kind of looking forward to the PAX-related key cards I've heard of.

Last year the Keycards were ME3 related. I asked this year and they said it was just to expensive to swap out all the cards. The ad was for the Spa at they Hyatt 8, my wife and I went there as an anniversary treat to ourselves. It was spendy but nice.

Cost was bascially $220 with all the taxes included (that's the out the door price, I think it was $195 pre-tax.)

• Options
    TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    I was hoping for gaming-related keycards again too (I was at the Sheraton last year and Grand Hyatt this year), but the Grand Hyatt was mad awesome. I don't know which one we'll go with next year. It's almost a coin flip between the two on amenities, pricing, and proximity to the convention center.

• Options
    Since they removed the thread pax is.always on labor.day weekend right? Since fills up fast and I don't think onpeak is that much cheaper I'm planning on doing what geeky did.and just getting Homewood outside of onpeak.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    sanovah wrote: »
    Since they removed the thread pax is.always on labor.day weekend right? Since fills up fast and I don't think onpeak is that much cheaper I'm planning on doing what geeky did.and just getting Homewood outside of onpeak.

Removed what thread?

Also PAX is almost always on Labor Day weekend. It was not in 2011 though, and there is some time in the future (2018?) that it may not be as well.

• Options
    zerzhul wrote: »

Removed what thread?

Also PAX is almost always on Labor Day weekend. It was not in 2011 though, and there is some time in the future (2018?) that it may not be as well.

The pax 2012 faq one. Either that or I'm blind

• Options

Removed what thread?

The pax 2012 faq one. Either that or I'm blind

Just unstickied, not removed.

• Options
    bacon_avengerbacon_avenger Defender of Pork Products Pacific NW, USARegistered User regular
    I'm assuming no one knows if the 4th day is going to be Thursday of the leading week or Tuesday of the following week? I'm already plotting for next year. :)

PAX Prime 2022 Checklist:[ ]Hotel [ ]Time Off [ ]Bobcats [ ]Challenge Coin [ ]Forum Badge
    eIMwu3s.png
  • Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    I'm assuming no one knows if the 4th day is going to be Thursday of the leading week or Tuesday of the following week? I'm already plotting for next year. :)

I believe I read that it was going to be Friday-Monday.

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options
    It's been posted on the official_pax twitter, and on the WSCC website. PAX Prime 2013 will be Friday August 30 - Monday Sept 2nd.

• Options
    bacon_avengerbacon_avenger Defender of Pork Products Pacific NW, USARegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    It's been posted on the official_pax twitter, and on the WSCC website. PAX Prime 2013 will be Friday August 30 - Monday Sept 2nd.
    Ah, thank you, I seem to have missed that (obviously).

EDIT: Wow, am I not the only one who had the idea of checking into the Homewood now? Hotels.com is showing that there isn't anything available for that time frame. :P

bacon_avenger on
    PAX Prime 2022 Checklist:[ ]Hotel [ ]Time Off [ ]Bobcats [ ]Challenge Coin [ ]Forum Badge
    eIMwu3s.png
  • Options
    It's very possible that OnPeak has already blocked off rooms for PAX dates for the forseeable future.

• Options
    It's very possible that OnPeak has already blocked off rooms for PAX dates for the forseeable future.
    I have to say that would surprise me that they would do it so far ahead, but then again, I'm doing the same. I have to admit that I'm tempted to put in a reservation on the Hilton side now and when the time comes, see if they will match. Bracers and a belt as it were.

I do appreciate the replies, thanks. :)

eIMwu3s.png
  • Options
    tsrblketsrblke Registered User regular

It's also possible that the hotel just doesn't show availability over a holiday weekend this far out.

This discussion has been closed.