As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EAST] PAX East 2013 Fitness Group!

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    NHL 13 came out today. All health bets are off for today. :-X

8lb medicine ball came from Amazon today. Woo. Tomorrow should be my 15lb weights and agility ladder.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    KratzALotKratzALot Registered User regular
    Hello everyone! I'm new to the thread.

When I finally decided to begin my healthier living, I was a at 320 (6'4"), but I've already gotten it down to 270. I admit, I've fallen off on the exercise past couple weeks, but I'm back, and want stop until I'm at least 230!

I'm also looking to be able to run 5 miles in under 30 minutes. I'm looking to get this done before year's end, no more slacking off!

The Great Whale War of Civ 5

Never Forget!
  • Options
    ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    Welcome to the club Kratz! I'm a big proponent of walking before you run, especially for big folks because running can actually do more harm than good when you're obese. Just be careful and don't try to rush things.

Anyways, I had a small loss over the weekend of .04 lbs, but I had a BUNCH come off today so I'l really hopeful it'll stay off until my Sunday (my weight recording day) so I can officially say I've lost over 100 pounds. :)

Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Boston, MARegistered User regular
    @KratzALot welcome! Hope you find this forum helpful!

5I7JEDi.png
  • Options
    ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    KratzALot wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I'm new to the thread.
    Welcome :D

Working on getting back in running - so far at least for walking, I'm at 3 for 3 days. Hoping to hit the gym tomorrow :P

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • Options
    vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    ishtra wrote: »

Working on getting back in running - so far at least for walking, I'm at 3 for 3 days. Hoping to hit the gym tomorrow :P

Glad I'm not the only one who fell off the running wagon, and is getting back on it by walking. I need to stop putzing around though..

• Options
    Down to 210.2lbs. Lost 2.8 this week after gaining 1.8.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    vttym wrote: »
    I need to stop putzing around though..
    yeaaaah I keep telling myself this :P

• Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Fitbit just linked to a contest some blog is hosting. You could win a fitbit. Ends 10/31.

5I7JEDi.png
  • Options
    Direwolf wrote: »
    You could win a fitbit.
    Nice!

• Options
    chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    Chorazin wrote: »
    Anyways, I had a small loss over the weekend of .04 lbs, but I had a BUNCH come off today so I'l really hopeful it'll stay off until my Sunday (my weight recording day) so I can officially say I've lost over 100 pounds. :)

Woot! Serious congrats.

Just joined the group on Fitbit and am cracked out on monitoring. I think my Fitbit is already tired of me pushing the little button and squealing at the dinosaur height floors climbed. Glad to see so many PAXers there since your feet would not forgive you for being ill prepared to walk all of PAX.

• Options
    PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    Starting to find Fitocracy to be more of a chore than something fun. x.x

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • Options
    chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    Starting to find Fitocracy to be more of a chore than something fun. x.x

I thought that, too. For logging without the social aspect, I found MyFitnessPal to be much easier. Fitocracy just seems to be all "I dunno, lol, what did you do?' It had seventy bajillion yoga types and then nothing for stadiums when I tried it.

• Options
    Yeah, I've kinda stopped using Fitocracy.. frankly, I've stopped using a lot of the tools that were helpful, maybe that's the problem :).. but between MFP and Fitbit, I found Fitocracy cumbersome.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Woo to the motherfucking hoo! I dropped 3.2 pounds this week!

This officially brings me to 102 pounds lost in 16 months. If I keep up this pace, I should hit my recommended body weight around East! :-D

The only bad part of today is my left foot hurting, so I'm taking a day of rest from walking. Time for the rest of you Fitbit users to catch up! :-P

Chorazin on
    Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • Options
    ArcadiaExeterArcadiaExeter Boston MARegistered User regular
    i think im going to start using fitocracy again. i did my first ever 5k today and i had a blast. im hoping it will motivate me to get in shape. also, i want to loose about 50 lbs before pax east for my cosplay. i dont think it'll happen but thats my goal.

7US7VWW.png
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    So, new FitBit devices announced today, the One and the Zip. The One replaces the Ultra and adds bluetooth to sync with iDevices (booo no Android yet, "select devices coming soon"), and the Zip is a cheaper device with a replaceable watch battery and is about the size and shape of a Tomagachi, and will also sync with iDevices.

Meh, no upgrade for me, the One doesn't add a damn thing for me yet. If I synced with my Android it would be on my Xmas list for sure, but for now I'd only get one if I lost my Ultra.

Chorazin on
    Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    TheTinManTheTinMan Registered User regular
    Welcome KratzALot! I should really be more active in this thread, you are all awesome.

I've still been using Fitocracy a lot, but this is helped by the fact that I've been lifting and doing the Starting Strength workouts (bench press, OH press, squat, deadlift, power clean) which are basic and very much in the database. I also get lots of points for them :)

On the woot side of things, last weekend I tried to find one rep maxes for squat, bench press, and deadlift and did awesome! I got very nearly 1xbodyweight for bench, 1.5xBW for squat, and 2xBW for deadlift (160/250/335). I had no idea I could do that for the squat and deadlift. Those of you on Fitocracy can see me lift 315 in my new avatar.

And in PAX news, is anyone else checking the site daily for the start of registration? I'm worried about what happened for Prime happening for East (extremely quick sellout).

• Options
    TheTinMan wrote: »
    And in PAX news, is anyone else checking the site daily for the start of registration? I'm worried about what happened for Prime happening for East (extremely quick sellout).

I've been obsessive @_@ Every time I get back to my desk I refresh the screens (series of the Main forum page, the hotel page, the actual PaxSite, and tweetdeck for Official_Pax ) ... making me a nervous wreck. I really want to make sure I get tickets, esp as I'm helping to get my family theirs as well. Hope hope.

In other news - started the week off on a good note - walked during lunch again. last week I was 5/5 walking, will do again and get back the running so I can aim for 20 miles a day again :)

• Options
    Turns out the sprained ankle I thought I had from basketball on Thursday is a fractured foot - nevicular fracture or some-such. 4-6 weeks of no weight on my right foot, probably getting a cast. Boo.

Good news is, I'll have a fresh set of goals once this is off.. :)

• Options
    edited September 2012
    @vttym - bummer! there are always floor non-weight-bearing exercises :P
    that's rough though. good luck

ishtra on
  • Options
    Yea, you'll be fine. We are all tough cookies in here. I have faith that you won't fall to the dark side. Ha.

I'm heading to Florida next Tuesday and my weigh in is usually Thursday. Do I bring my scale with me?! I figure I want to keep things consistent and use the same scale.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    PurpleBekPurpleBek Manchester, EnglandRegistered User regular
    Hello! I kinda jumped in a little late for last years, but I am hoping to shift some for next March. There is a lot of walking to do in Boston! It was tiring. I am hoping to be more focused this time and not be too lazy! :D Hooray I can't wait!

pax%20sig.png
  • Options
    PurpleBek wrote: »
    There is a lot of walking to do in Boston!
    esp if you're doing the PokeCrawl etc :)
    Should be awesome :D

• Options
    PurpleBek wrote: »
    There is a lot of walking to do in Boston!
    esp if you're doing the PokeCrawl etc :)
    Should be awesome :D

That doesn't count because if you don't remember the walking, it never happened. Haha.

Got my hockey jersey finally. I'll post a pic of the PAX patch eventually.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    redfield85 wrote: »
    That doesn't count because if you don't remember the walking, it never happened.

So true, so if your pedometer shows your steps, but you were too drunk to notice, those steps don't actually exist? I guess not :P

ishtra on
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    redfield85 wrote: »
    That doesn't count because if you don't remember the walking, it never happened.

So true, so if your pedometer shows your steps, but you were too drunk to notice, those steps don't actually exist? I guess not :P

It is like a tree falling in the woods. This all makes perfect sense!

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Blerg, I pushed my foot to hard on Tuesday and ended up having to take off work Wednesday to ice it all day, and I'm gonna have to go easy on it for at least a week. My reign as fitbit leaderboard king will be temporarily at an end.

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    Yea, take it easy. Sucks hurting your foot and wanting to get back into the groove, but you will only delay your recovery.

And I am up .2 lbs. Boo.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Turns out my fracture might not be a fracture after all. Orthopedist said he didn't see a break, and has me getting an MRI to confirm. SO.. we'll see.. but at least I can put the damned crutches away.

@Chorazin - Sorry to hear about the foot .. feel your pain, my friend!

To the rest, thanks for the kind words.. now stop kicking my ass in weight loss, please.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Sprained ankles for everryyyoooone!

edit: I had one before they were cool.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    this must be a theme, b/c a coworker of mine just ruined her's last night - made the rest of the day all FUBAR b/c she's pretty vital, but thank god no fracture for her @_@

• Options
    I wear an ankle brace on my bad ankle when I play floor hockey just as a precaution now. Sucks, but I don't trust the thing (even though it was a freak accident of a guy blindsiding me).

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    School is destroying my fitness routine.

• Options
    School is destroying my fitness routine.

Just try to work around it. Keep eating healthy.

I'm going to an Oktoberfest thing in Delaware this weekend and then I am going to Disney next Tues-Sun. If I stay around what I am at now, I will consider it a win. I might bring my scale with me. I mean, shouldn't I stick to the same scale I have been using this whole year? Not like they will have one at the hotel. Ha.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    I have to either cut class, work, homework or the gym. It's my last year, the gym is taking a back seat except for the weekends so far.

• Options
    My foot's already feeling much better, but I'll be resting it through next week, and then slowly ramping back up to avoid aggrivating it again. On the bright side though, all signs point to another big loss this week!
    I have to either cut class, work, homework or the gym. It's my last year, the gym is taking a back seat except for the weekends so far.

Go for walks when you take study breaks, it's better than doing nothing!

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    Met up with a buddy once her class let out ( we missed out on Tuesday b/c it was raining during her lunch break) and got in a quick 5K. Totally awesome!

• Options
    So, I just bought two PA shirts. Both as a Large. I went from an XXL to XL so far this year. Hopefully this works out. I'm trying to decide if that even when I do lose more weight, will I actually go down another shirt size.

I bought the black Paint the Line shirt quite some time ago in XL and it seemed to run large, even when I was heavier.

bYf6vNQ.png
This discussion has been closed.