Options

[PS Vita] 2.0: PS1 support is a go (unless you live in North America and don't own a PS3)

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    You know what would make Zen Pinball even better?

If they were somehow able to pick up the licenses for the Pro Pinball series and get those tables into Zen.

Portable Timeshock would be amazing. It's like ten years old, and still holds up better than most of the current tables.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    nathanaelnathanael Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    PMAvers wrote: »
    You know what would make Zen Pinball even better?

If they were somehow able to pick up the licenses for the Pro Pinball series and get those tables into Zen.

Portable Timeshock would be amazing. It's like ten years old, and still holds up better than most of the current tables.

I don't know. Could the Vita handle "gleaming Silicon Graphics?"

nathanael on
    This my Gamertag— NathanaelPM
    This is my PSN ID— Radthanael
  • Options
    iMattiMatt Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    I assume you 2 classy gents have backed the kickstarter to get Timeshock etc remade!

In fact I hope all pinball nuts have backed the kickstarter!
    I have!

iMatt on
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    From the official facebook page:
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=494543250563902&set=a.325990247419204.86984.135709253113972&type=1&theater
    Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable Coming to North America for PlayStation Vita! EDF! EDF! EDF!

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    EDF on the Vita is the best news I've heard since... Well, Phantasy Star Online 2 on the Vita.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    Well that is most definitely getting my money.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    astronautcowboy3astronautcowboy3 Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    What's so great about EDF? I saw a friend playing the PS3 version once, and it was just endless shooting of bugs. It looked boring, but people are super excited about this new game, so I'm thinking I must have missed something.

Also, I'm on the fence about Sound Shapes. A platformer about making custom levels launched a week after LBP in Japan...horrible timing.

astronautcowboy3 on
    The JRPG Club: Video game reviews, vocabulary lists and other resources for Japanese learners.
    PSN: astronautcowboy 3DS: 5343-8146-1833
    I have Sega, Nintendo and Xbox games and systems for sale. Please help me buy diapers.
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    What's so great about EDF? I saw a friend playing the PS3 version once, and it was just endless shooting of bugs. It looked boring, but people are super excited about this new game, so I'm thinking I must have missed something.

Exactly.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular

It's a Vita game that's coming out. That's enough to be excited about I guess.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options

Exactly.

EDF is basically the B-movie equivalent of Borderlands.

• Options

Exactly.

Sold.

No one is playing Treasure Park around me. At all. It truly defeats the purpose of a game that only works when other people play it when no one plays it.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    nathanael wrote: »

Exactly.

Sold.

Don't get me wrong; the EDF games are horribly rough around the edges. Pretty repetitive as well. But there's a lot to be said for a game where you level entire city blocks with your infinite ammo rocket launcher while destroying giant space ants...and that's just like the first hour.

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I'll pick it up if plenty of people here will be playing multiplayer while saying cheesey B-movie lines over their mics.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    No one is playing Treasure Park around me. At all. It truly defeats the purpose of a game that only works when other people play it when no one plays it.

Sony needs to implement some sort of auto-distribute function that sends out a puzzle or two a day to all users. I'm sure Yoshida-san would be happy to make them.

The JRPG Club: Video game reviews, vocabulary lists and other resources for Japanese learners.
    I have Sega, Nintendo and Xbox games and systems for sale. Please help me buy diapers.
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Looks like about 40 more PSX games going up on the NA PSN Tuesday, most notably fucking Chrono Crossssss.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    By the way, what did you guys think of the AR Play titles? I finally got around to making the AR cards. Wondering what you guys thought.

• Options
    KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Frei wrote: »
    Looks like about 40 more PSX games going up on the NA PSN Tuesday, most notably fucking Chrono Crossssss.

Oh for real? Any link to news/ list of this?

Edit: Oh, looks like it's from the playstation blogcast. They didn't read off all the games that will be available from the Vita store next week, but here's a pretty good list of everything they did read.

Kirbith on
    Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • Options
    By the way, what did you guys think of the AR Play titles? I finally got around to making the AR cards. Wondering what you guys thought.

PulzAR is really fun in an Angry Birds sort of way (as in, "I know this can be done with fewer cards so that I can get 3 stars"), Fireworks was fun for my 2 year-old, Diving was interesting for a while, but I didn't give it a fair shake, and I haven't played the tennis one. Or the tanks one.

• Options
    Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    The AR stuff is fun, but just like the 3DS ones, I never remember they exist when I go to play something.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Legend of Mana! Yes. I need that on my vita. I bought it on PSN once PSOne support started up and was disappointed, but now, vindication!

Also EDF is the greatest thing. The weapons get ridiculous, the stages get balls hard, and coop is actually a lot of fun.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Legend of Mana >>>>> Seiken Densetsu 3 >>>> Secret of Mana. Totally going to put it on my Vita.
    But man, we need the rest of the Square PS1 collection on the PSN. At least the games that Japan has. Where's my SaGa Frontier 1+2 and Einhander?

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Is this Vita EDF going to be any different or is it just a straight port of EDF?

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Is this Vita EDF going to be any different or is it just a straight port of EDF?

Four player co-op, and jetpack lady.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    I should pick up Chrono Cross. When it first game out, I think I broke the discs in a fit of rage "WHY IS THIS NOT A TRUE SEQUEL TO CHRONO TRIGGER RAWRRRRR". I'd like to go back and give it a fair shake on it's own merits.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options

PulzAR is really fun in an Angry Birds sort of way (as in, "I know this can be done with fewer cards so that I can get 3 stars"), Fireworks was fun for my 2 year-old, Diving was interesting for a while, but I didn't give it a fair shake, and I haven't played the tennis one. Or the tanks one.

And sadly that would be the one I never get, because I don't want to spend the money (when I could get a real game). My wife loves Fireworks, so I am keeping that one only.

• Options

And sadly that would be the one I never get, because I don't want to spend the money (when I could get a real game). My wife loves Fireworks, so I am keeping that one only.

This would have been an ideal time for "PSN Cross-Regional Vita AR Gifting" to be a real thing, because I have a couple dollars sitting in my wallet that I could send your way.

• Options
    corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    Dat little big planet. So fun. I have totally run my Vita out of battery twice in the last 24 hours. Talk to my about Zen pinball. Demo was fun been kind of wanting a pinball game. Is this the one? If so what should I buy. Most bang for the buck and most common here so we can compare scores and what not?

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Zen Pinball 2 is the one. The Avengers table pack, and the Marvel table packs are owned by most of the people playing from here (from what I can tell). If you're going to just get one pack, get the Avengers set, as 3 of the 4 tables are the strongest in the game, in my opinion. Fear Itself, Planet Hulk, and (especially) The Infinity Gauntlet are amazing examples of videogame pinball.

Get the Plants Vs. Zombies table too, for high scoring kicks. It's a great ego-boost.

nathanael on
  • Options
    If I really wanted it, I could definitely get it. There's money in mine as well - although that's going towards a PSOne Classic, because there's a campaign starting up for cash back (if you're among the lucky 1000). I just don't think I'd buy any AR-heavy game without trying it out first. The free game/demo with paid expansions is probably the best option. I'd be willing to buy more Fireworks content if my wife got into it.

• Options
    MorranMorran Registered User regular
    corin7 wrote: »
    Dat little big planet. So fun. I have totally run my Vita out of battery twice in the last 24 hours. Talk to my about Zen pinball. Demo was fun been kind of wanting a pinball game. Is this the one? If so what should I buy. Most bang for the buck and most common here so we can compare scores and what not?

can you help sell me on LBP? I bought it a few days back. I have not played any LBP earlier. It seems the game so far (after first "world") is just a cute platformer, with so-so controls and level design, with way too extensive voice-over comments by Fry? Also, I don't quite understand the billion customization options for sackboy. Is large part of the game just to play with a digital paper doll, or can you actually use the costumes and stickers for something?

Will something dramatically change over the next few levels, or is the game not "for me"? I really would like to like this game....

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Just put a couple of hours into New Little King's Story. The tutorials are a little slow going but the game is awesome. I don't think they've fixed the framerate issues though, as it pretty obviously drops once your royal guard is fairly full.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    I got Ys CELCETA in the mail today, unboxed it, and immediately re-boxed it (can't play it yet, but I wanted to get that cloth out). I put the video on YouTube, but I took it with the Vita camera, so it's pretty low quality.

• Options
    I was just reading Chance's blog, and it became very clear to me what a terrible state my wallet is going to be in this coming month, JUST in games that I want for the Vita.

- New Little King's Story (10/2)
    - Ragnarok Odyssey (10/16)
    - Silent Hill: Book of Memories (10/16)
    - Assassin's Creed: Liberation (10/30)

Even if I believe the doubters and only get the demos for NLKS and SH:BoM, that's still 2 major retail releases in one month. Sweet.

• Options
    WraithvergeWraithverge Registered User regular
    I'm already on board for NFS and AC. When I get time to play, I'm still enjoying LBP and I need to see if anyone managed to beat my pinball score on the Blade table. (Also need to get decent with the other Marvel tables)

• Options
    No one has beaten your ludicrous Blade score. And if NFS ends up being as much of a spiritual successor to Burnout: Paradise as they say it is, it will end up dominating my PS3 and Vita play time for a good while.

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Even if I believe the doubters and only get the demos for NLKS and SH:BoM, that's still 2 major retail releases in one month. Sweet.
    The doubters are stupid. NLKS is awesome.

They're probably right about SH: BoM though, demo impressions haven't been particularly good.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    The doubters are stupid. NLKS is awesome.

They're probably right about SH: BoM though, demo impressions haven't been particularly good.

And that's a shame, because the idea of a Silent Hill + Diablo game was exciting to me. Apparently the combat was just handled really poorly.

• Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    Hey guys,

I impulse bought a vita this weekend mainly just to play gravity rush,uncharted and any cross-play games that come out. Can anyone recommend any Vita accessories? particularly in the market for a case but any headphone recommendations also appreciated.

Cheers

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    These cases are absolutely freaking amazing. http://www.suono-jp.com/shop/psvita.html

But I'm not sure if you can get them outside of Japan without using an reshipping service.