Options

My Friends Went to Pripyat Without Me and other Awesome Vacation Spots

2»

• Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular
    I'll find some way to go back to Israel after I graduate college. I'd also like to go to Poland, maybe find some people who actually have the original spelling of my last name. That would be neat.

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    I wanna go to Japan and Europe.
    Also want to check out the East coast at some point.
    Should start saving.
    blergh.

• Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    I'd love to travel. How do you guys do it? I want me and my friend to go out places before she becomes a nurse and loses all her time.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    When I was a kid I saw "Funafuti" on a map and said to myself "someday I will go there!"

It's part of the tiny island nation of Tuvalu, and I guess I better go soon because it's going to be sinking into the sea thanks to global warming.

xYTk4.png

wandering on
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    I'd love to travel. How do you guys do it? I want me and my friend to go out places before she becomes a nurse and loses all her time.

Me? I joined the air force and got out of this one horse town I was staying in. Best decision I'd ever made.

Second best decision was getting out

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular

I did a study abroad thing in college. One of the best decisions I've ever made.

There's a couple different kinds. This this was through my college and affiliated with another college in Barcelona, so we were based there for 3 months with no other organized touring or anything, so you actually got a chance to live there a little bit. There's also the kind that was offered by the history department, which is pretty much a glorified bus tour.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    mont saint-michel is a literal fucking fairytale

a-beautiful-day-at-mont.jpg

the templars did not fuck around

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

have parents that grew up poor both of whoms fathers traveled for work (merchant marines and salesman for major textiles company)

then those parents get jobs that have disposable income (well my old man does, my mom was a teacher in florida and they get paid shit)

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    mont saint-michel is a literal fucking fairytale

a-beautiful-day-at-mont.jpg

I've been here and holy shit you are not kidding.

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular

Just say fuck it and go places

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    I've only been out of Ireland 3 times (twice to Pontins and a day trip to Wales)

I want to see so many places.

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Options
    SkylarkSkylark o7 Vile Rat o7 o7 Photon Torpedo o7Registered User regular
    Naples is strange, it's Italy, but the people are not anything like Italians. I'm pretty much a sucker for anywhere with canals; Venice is the most beautiful place I've been to, followed by Amsterdam, Krakow, and Chania. Stratford on Avon is pretty nice too, they have these cute little mini-locks on the canals.

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I've only been out of Ireland 3 times (twice to Pontins and a day trip to Wales)

I want to see so many places.

I didn't leave Ireland till I was 12 or 13. Now I've been to America more times than I've been to Europe. I need to change this before I go to Canada.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    I've been almost everywhere on my bucket list! The only places on there I haven't been to is Japan, India, Alaska, New Zealand, and China.

Here is where I have been in the US:

189804_1740694091113_3204717_n.jpg

Other countries I have been to include The British Virgin Islands (UK), the Cayman Islands, England (UK), France, Switzerland, Italy, Mexico, and the Vatican City. To name exact locations would take to long. I do get to travel a lot. Since I got my new car on June 1st I have put just over 13,000 miles on it and in an average chase year I will do more than 45,000 miles behind the wheel. There are some really neat things hidden out in the plains of the US that most people don't know about.

• Options
    RabidDeathMooseRabidDeathMoose Registered User regular
    “To be truly challenging, a voyage, like a life, must rest on a firm foundation of financial unrest. Otherwise, you are doomed to a routine traverse, the kind known to yachtsmen who play with their boats at sea... "cruising" it is called. Voyaging belongs to seamen, and to the wanderers of the world who cannot, or will not, fit in. If you are contemplating a voyage and you have the means, abandon the venture until your fortunes change. Only then will you know what the sea is all about.

"I've always wanted to sail to the south seas, but I can't afford it." What these men can't afford is not to go. They are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of "security." And in the worship of security we fling our lives beneath the wheels of routine - and before we know it our lives are gone.

What does a man need - really need? A few pounds of food each day, heat and shelter, six feet to lie down in - and some form of working activity that will yield a sense of accomplishment. That's all - in the material sense, and we know it. But we are brainwashed by our economic system until we end up in a tomb beneath a pyramid of time payments, mortgages, preposterous gadgetry, playthings that divert our attention for the sheer idiocy of the charade.

The years thunder by, The dreams of youth grow dim where they lie caked in dust on the shelves of patience. Before we know it, the tomb is sealed.

Where, then, lies the answer? In choice. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or bankruptcy of life? ”
    ― Sterling Hayden, Wanderer