As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

You have (1) new message - Hotline Miami - Gamepad support now works

2»

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Honestly, it's fine.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Tube can you do your own personal GOTY thread at the end of the year

and get Piggy to weigh in

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Better then Frog Fractions?

y/n

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    literally nothing is better than Frog Fractions

• Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    I like this game's style

• Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    also frog fractions was a hoot

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    I found it to be quite ribbeting

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    HotandnerdyHotandnerdy Hot and Nerdy Kansas CityRegistered User regular
    Better then Frog Fractions?

y/n

Y

girl.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Artreus wrote: »
    I found it to be quite ribbeting

UGH

• Options
    B_RB_R Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    I noticed that levels change slightly if you die alot.
    It only happend to me in chapter 12, where an enemy got replaced by an obese dead clown.

B_R on
  • Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    B_R wrote: »
    I noticed that levels change slightly if you die alot.
    It only happend to me in chapter 12, where an enemy got replaced by an obese dead clown.

are you sure that's for dying a lot

• Options
    B_RB_R Registered User regular
    ...no, maybe it's just random.

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    There's going to be Hotline Miami DLC
    Devs Dennaton have quietly revealed that DLC for the game of fluid murder is in the works, as well as ongoing patching for the buggy old dear, proper joypad* support and more “secret” things.

This all came up from Dennaton’s Dennis Wedin fielding queries on HLM’s Steam community page. “If people enjoy the game and want more we have a storyline driven DLC in the plans with new characters and diving further in the story”, he said, adding no less than three exclamation marks to the end of it. Perhaps this will provide the plot answers some feel they need, though I’m personally entirely happy with the story as is – it’s about a Lynchian mood, not facts. I scoff at your facts, siree.

Also promised are “some things we are gonna do with HLM in a future update :) but that is a secret for now!”

Sign me up

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    just finished this up

yup that is a very good game, i enjoyed it lots

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    It's fine.

• Options
    TeyarTeyar Registered User regular
    So what is actually up with the scoring system? I cant seem to manage more than a third of possible points at a whack, and I cant tell if exposures are good or bad or WHAT.

Kick At The Darkness Until It Bleeds Daylight
  • Options
    Wolf of DresdenWolf of Dresden Registered User regular
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    Peter the Unicorn is the best mask

All guns are silenced makes it a different game.

Seconded. This is a great way to get through some of the more annoying levels (though you do lose the ability to use a gun to draw baddies through a door).

If you want points, the mask which starts you with the drill is the way to go. You get some absurd # of points (5600?) for an execution with the drill. I got an A and an A+ on the first two levels screwing around with drill kills.

Exposure rewards you under the 'boldness' category. It appears to me that more points awarded are for showing yourself to multiple enemies at once (rather than picking them off one at a time).

• Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    I think your grade me be determined by how many times you die compared to your score. Because sometimes I'll get few of those "awards" at the end, but didn't die much on a level and get an A-, but then get a bunch and get a B- or C+ but died dozens of times.

There's a part of me that wishes at the end of the level it would show your successful run from start to finish...

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Super Meat Boy-style. That'd be pretty amazing

freakish light on
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    That would be a lot of gore in most cases.

I could be down with that.

• Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    I finally beat this game tonight, this and dishonored. Pretty happy with both games.

But goddamn, the epilogue makes zero sense to me, beyond style.

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Yeah, it really doesn't.

It's hella fun, though.

Gameplay spoilers, kinda.
    I actually kind of like how all you have is a meat cleaver and 3 knives and are unable to pick up new weapons. It adds a new sense of strategy.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    New patch hit today, some interesting stuff in it.

Highlights are

-Lots of bug fixes
    -Gamepad support is now fully functional
    -Bonus stage "Highball" is now available after beating the game
    -New graphics
    -More gore
    -1st and 2nd boss battle are modified

I just replayed the game again, and the new graphics are very interesting. Some minor details of the environment that seemed vague before are now more clear as to their purpose. The boss battle changes are slight, I barely noticed them. The new stage, however, is pretty gun.

• Options
    ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    The new stage, however, is pretty gun.

Best typo.

Definitely gotta hap back in and see whats changed, interested to see how the game handles with a controller.

hLeTR.png
  • Options
    Not even going to change it

I tried playing the first couple of chapters with a controller, couldn't stand it. There was just not enough precision with the aiming and it was sometimes difficult to tell what direction you were facing when swinging a melee weapon.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    this is a pretty great game

i'm in chapter six

easter egg spoiler for the early game
    heeee, the Drive scorpion jacket

• Options
    ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    Well it seems that the patch fucked my game up, it gives an error on startup and wont go away unless you hit abort which then sometimes will close the game and other times it will continue running but without sound.

hLeTR.png
  • Options
    That sure is unfortunate

I had some problems with the new patch where it seemed to run in slow motion. Bizarrely, I fixed it by switching the theme of my desktop to Windows 7 Aero. I have no idea why that worked.

• Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    ultimakay wrote: »
    Well it seems that the patch fucked my game up, it gives an error on startup and wont go away unless you hit abort which then sometimes will close the game and other times it will continue running but without sound.

I had that happening pre patch.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.