Options

[WoW] WoW Expansion info leaked

• Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    zone-borean.jpg

One zone highlighted, land mass looks quite small actually.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    spectra wrote: »
    i have a feeling they are making death knights start at level 60/70 because they don't want to make class specific content for them from 1-60/70...

And as a full blown alt-aholic, I'm perfectly comfortable with not having to grind out that 1-60 content for the 9th time. Probably one of the main reasons my Shaman is still level 10, and my other characters are at 70 (well, one is 65, but that should be remedied by the end of the month).

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Black_HeartBlack_Heart Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I don't see what you guys are arguing about with the Death Knight implementation.

In MMOGs, there is content which is available to people who earn it.

I'm guessing the Death Knight will be such a thing. A hero class isn't going to be available just to anyone who plops down money for the expansion, but for those who probably have a Lv70+ character and can take the time to complete the quest.

Giving players a new character that starts out at Lv60 with just some plain gear is most likely what is going to happen. Thats no big deal when that player already has a Lv70 or 80 character.

Black_Heart on
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    eelektrik wrote: »
    Pharezon wrote: »
    After reading the stuff on the Wrath site, theres actually a few possibilities mentioned in the zone descriptions for new races for Horde and Alliance.
    Shortly upon arriving, the Horde met the tuskarr, a walrus-like race of nomadic fishermen. The two groups have since formed a bond, and the Horde has sworn to aid their new allies in any way possible. Garrosh and his orc forces have also discovered the enigmatic taunka, an ancient offshoot of the tauren race that up until now had been thought lost forever.
    Dwarven prospectors, in the meantime, have uncovered mysterious relatives whose skin is etched in strange runes. These iron dwarves may provide the missing link needed for the dwarves to piece together the mystery of their creation.

Blizzards gotta appeal to the furry's somehow.

Did you play The Frozen Throne? They already existed.

I never finished The Frozen Throne(I thoroughly enjoyed and finished WC3, but for some reason TFT bored me after like 4 missions), but I know the Tuskarr existed already, did the Taunka though?

To my knowledge the Taunka did not exist.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    LynxLynx Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    One zone highlighted, land mass looks quite small actually.

Coldarra's not on that map. That just sucks. I wanted to meet Malygos, damnit!! D:

As for the Taunka and Iron Dwarves, those sound like they'll be part of the new character customization rather than full blown races. You pick a Dwarf and perhaps you have a choice between Ironforge, Wildhammer and Iron Dwarves? That'd be really neat, actually.

As for the Tuskarr, they sound like the Horde's equivalent to the Alliance's friendly attitude towards Furbolgs. I doubt they'll be playable.

Lynx on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Zek wrote: »
    Who said anything about balance? We're talking about whether or not it will break the game to give a template character tier 2 gear when maybe they would only have had tier 1 leveling themselves. Who cares? All their starting equipment will be worthless by the time they hit level cap. They can learn to play the class in that time. Starting at level 1 would not be better because I don't want to level 1-60 anymore, it's boring as hell.

A thought on the DK starting gear: Blizzard has the matchmaking system in place, and is perfectly capable of perusing the characters on an account... what's to stop them from averaging out your available bank slots, bag space, bag size, and gear level, and assigning similar gear from there? Obviously they couldn't base it purely on what your character has at 80, as many people will probably grind hard to 80 with a crew and then try to do the quest as fast as possible (why gear up an old character just to replace them entirely?), but they could use the reputations on a character along with other such considerations. If your old character was exalted with all of the BC reps, and half the old school Azeroth reps, you got a certain level of gear.

Basically, they could reward people who have experienced massive amounts of content. They could even tweak the gear slightly between pvp and pve, based on how much BG experience / how many kills your character has.

Also, tokens. Why worry about giving someone full sets when you could give them "a weapon token" and a set of "armour tokens" and let people select their own gear, like the various current Tiered sets do, assuming the specs are varied enough to justify at least 2 or more sets for the class.

Forar on
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    If there is a band of friendly Vry'kul, Id fucking love to see some half-giant viking-like crazy bastards as a playable Alliance race. I'm really hoping now that they are adding new races. On the west side of the continent would be the horde with the Tuskarr and Taunka, and on the east side the alliance with Vry'kul and Iron Dwarves. They could add 4 races at once because they would be sharing starting zones like the Dwarves/Gnomes and Orcs/Trolls, and half the models are just updated versions of existing races(Tauren and Dwarves). I would actually be surprised at this point if they didn't do this.

Of course that would limit the amount of 70-80 content on Northrend because it appears to be a pretty small continent compared to Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms, or Outland, but I'm also still hoping that there is more zones elsewhere. The South Seas islands would probably be about the right amount of extra zones to balance out WotLK with the amount of zones in TBC.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    VaLiantineVaLiantine Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Alright, that Death Knight ability that's a mirror Pally bubble. Someone explain that to me since I'm very slow when it comes to abilities.

VaLiantine on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    VaLiantine wrote: »
    Alright, that Death Knight ability that's a mirror Pally bubble. Someone explain that to me since I'm very slow when it comes to abilities.

It prevents the target from getting any heals for 6 seconds, and 50% of what they would be healed for, they take in damage...

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    If there is a band of friendly Vry'kul, Id fucking love to see some half-giant viking-like crazy bastards as a playable Alliance race. I'm really hoping now that they are adding new races. On the west side of the continent would be the horde with the Tuskarr and Taunka, and on the east side the alliance with Vry'kul and Iron Dwarves. They could add 4 races at once because they would be sharing starting zones like the Dwarves/Gnomes and Orcs/Trolls, and half the models are just updated versions of existing races(Tauren and Dwarves). I would actually be surprised at this point if they didn't do this.

Of course that would limit the amount of 70-80 content on Northrend because it appears to be a pretty small continent compared to Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms, or Outland, but I'm also still hoping that there is more zones elsewhere. The South Seas islands would probably be about the right amount of extra zones to balance out WotLK with the amount of zones in TBC.

I WANT FUCKING NERUBIANS AS ALLIES GOD DAMN IT

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007

But they aren't even vaguely humanoid, are too damn big, and are part of the Scourge... The Nerubians is one race I could be confidant in saying are never going to be playable.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Unholy Embrace

Instant Cast. 5 min cooldown.

Target is embraced by a silhouette of darkness for 6 seconds, corrupting any healing spells and effects cast upon or currently affecting the target to cause damage for 50% of their healing potential instead of restoring health. Any damage shields cast upon or currently affecting the target will also be instantly consumed, dealing 50% of their absorption potential in damage. Once afflicted with Unholy Embrace, the target cannot be afflicted with Unholy Embrace again for 1 minute.

Sounds like pure concentrated pain, though the cooldown is pretty long.

Zek on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Unholy Embrace

Target is embraced by a silhouette of darkness for 6 seconds, corrupting any healing spells and effects cast upon or currently affecting the target to cause damage for 50% of their healing potential instead of restoring health. Any damage shields cast upon or currently affecting the target will also be instantly consumed, dealing 50% of their absorption potential in damage. Once afflicted with Unholy Embrace, the target cannot be afflicted with Unholy Embrace again for 1 minute.

Where did you get this from?

sounds like Paladin rape to me.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    News from feed: Inscription can add KNOCKBACK to spells.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    edited August 2007

But they aren't even vaguely humanoid, are too damn big, and are part of the Scourge... The Nerubians is one race I could be confidant in saying are never going to be playable.

Not all nerubians are part of the scourge. ;-)

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007

It prevents the target from getting any heals for 6 seconds, and 50% of what they would be healed for, they take in damage...

Lol.:lol:

VaLiantine on
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    If that was the only ability they had, they would still be more useful than rogues in the Arena.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Rami wrote: »
    If that was the only ability they had, they would still be more useful than rogues in the Arena.

:-(

Forar on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Oh god who needs Rogues (read: Rouges) anyway? Let's just throw them out!
    Let's put in a gardner class or something elsethat is actually VALUABLE!

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    PjstelfordPjstelford Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Unholy Embrace

Where did you get this from?

sounds like Paladin rape to me.

What is the absorption potential for bubbling anyways?

Pjstelford on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Damnit Damnit Damnit!

The expansion panel confirmed that there aren't any new races... Those Iron Dwarves sounded cool too.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    The paladin bubble now kills you insantly when under unholy embrace ;D

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Raiden333 wrote: »

Cliff fighting has now become awesome. I wonder if you'll take extra damage if you get knocked into a wall?

And, apparently, I jump to conclusions. Coldarra now seems to be apart of the Borean Tundra, and it still houses. . .THE NEXUS. Maybe we'll finally be able to meet a Dragon Aspect, MALYGOS! It also looks like the Sholazar Basin, which is ,oddly enough, a tropical jungle, may also be apart of the Borean Tundra.

Lynx on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Lynx wrote: »

Cliff fighting has now become awesome. I wonder if you'll take extra damage if you get knocked into a wall?

Even more importantly, I'm an explorer. I'll be having friends knock me into places. =D

Oh, and they just showed video of the GNOME TOWN!

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    DALARAN!

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    ApplebeeApplebee Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    If that abiltity is real it would own in 4 dps groups, > get target to 80% hp > use it effectively silencing all possible healers for 6 seconds > dead.

Moonfire + knockback spam :D

Applebee on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    DALARAN!

Are you serious?

Do we get to kill some racists?

Transporter on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    DALARAN!

FLYING MOUNTS!!

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    KronusKronus Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    DALARAN!
    DALARAN!

Kronus on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    DALARAN!

FLYING MOUNTS!!

YES! Kirin Tor moved it to Northrend. :lol:

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    DALARAN!

FLYING MOUNTS!!

Dalaran...that's the city that's currently under the big protective pink magic dome, correct?

Nightslyr on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Kronus wrote: »
    DALARAN!
    DALARAN!

It's only a model.

reVerse on
  • Options
    KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I wish the DK started at lvl 1. I want a lvl 19 DK twink.

KVW on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    WHERE ARE YOU PEOPLE GETTING THIS INFO! I WANT TO SEE DALARAN AND CONFIRMATION ON NORTHREND FLYING MOUNTS TOO!

:P

Lynx on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    DALARAN!

FLYING MOUNTS!!

Dalaran...that's the city that's currently under the big protective pink magic dome, correct?

Yes they moved it to Northrend to fight against the blue dragonflight. It'll be the Shattrath of Dalaran.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    DALARAN!

FLYING MOUNTS!!

Yes they moved it to Northrend to fight against the blue dragonflight. It'll be the Shattrath of Dalaran.

Niiiice....

Nightslyr on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    DEATH KNIGHT GNOMES OH MY GOD ALL MY DICKS

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Wow, the feed just went down at Giga.de. And he was getting into the Death Knight...

VaLiantine on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Wow, the feed just went down at Giga.de. And he was getting into the Death Knight...

they just switched over to tournaments wtf.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Lynx wrote: »
    Javen wrote: »

No, starting at level 1 would be much, much better. For one, you actually learn how to play the class instead of just getting a character, and two, Blizzard cares if it's fair because in terms of classes, the game is about balance.

Really? It took you 60 levels to learn how to play your class? Should only take about 10 to get the jist of how it works. . .

Ever notice how people who buy accounts off of ebay are notoriously bad? Why do you suppose that is? Is it because they completely skipped the part that teaches you the fundamentals of the class you're playing? Maybe!

Javen on