As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

1.6 - Geebs is not amused :[ [Wampa Milk - SE++ TOR]

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Bogey wrote: »
    you can join...bantha milk

I had to change the name
    Did you go and remake Tauntaun Milk during a previous server merge? Because our Republic-side Tauntaun Milk is still up and running.

I'm asking because there seems to be another guild with our name on The Bastion.

When I logged in it had me rename the guild

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited November 2012
    @The Geebs That Is A Pony Sorry, your answer isn't clear. Was this when you first transferred servers onto The Bastion, recently, or both? The Tauntaun Milk guild that I'm looking at doesn't have you in it, but includes Lord Dave, Eits, SabreMau, Higgins, Javen, etc. I'm trying to figure out why there are separate groups and hoping to merge them.

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    Bogey creepin' on me.

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    Also I logged in yesterday and there were a couple republic dudes trying to assault a quest hub or something and getting buried by the guards.

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    So patch 1.6 is up on the test server already. The main things in this one will be the new warzone (Ancient Hypergate) and space missions (6 per faction).

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    @The Geebs That Is A Pony Sorry, your answer isn't clear. Was this when you first transferred servers onto The Bastion, recently, or both? The Tauntaun Milk guild that I'm looking at doesn't have you in it, but includes Lord Dave, Eits, SabreMau, Higgins, Javen, etc. I'm trying to figure out why there are separate groups and hoping to merge them.

I have no idea. I'll log in later and check

• Options
    EchildaEchilda Registered User regular
    So I just started the HK quest line. There is no way I'm going to be able to do this with just my brother for backup. I can;t even do flashpoints, let alone hard mode ones!

• Options
    I got through the group 2 stuff okay with my bounty hunter, but I have some raid gear?

• Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    Hard modes are really not hard at all

The whole reason I unsubbed back last spring/winter was because people misled me about their difficulty, and it turned out they were totally bullshitting

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    You do, however, need to have an alt on the same server on the opposite side. Unfortunately that rules me out until I resub or figure out how to add a character slot, because my two level 50s, although they are on opposite sides, are also on different servers.

• Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    So whoever it was that asked me about it (I wanna say it was @Cilla Black last night in WoW), turns out subscribers do get a monthly grant of cartel coins. Just got 500 today, and looking at my ledger it also seems like there's a "Security Key Monthly Grant" of 100 coins as well.

Also, tried checking out the new space missions but they're bugged right now. Trying to start one just puts a black screen over your UI (if anyone else is on the test server, hiding/showing the UI with ctrl+U twice gets rid of the black screen). Did check out the new ship upgrades though. Couple of them are cybertech schematics for 700 fleet comms, a few of them are bought for 500 fleet comms and a few are for 150 or so daily comms. So start stocking up on fleet comms if you give a shit.

Rock Lobster! on
    Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    I now only need to get the Hoth part and the two flashpoint parts.

Using the scanner in large areas is very tedious. I can't imagine who thought that would be a good mechanic when they are trying to revitalise interest in the game.

• Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    So I've been playing around with video recording my class quests, and had to share this one

Smuggler Tatooine spoilers:

• Options
    So I managed to get some more people to play! Can anyone reccomend a good place to hire a Vent server?

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Preferred players now have access to 4 quickslot bars by default.

I'm glad they are starting to ease off on people who were sub'd at one point

Xehalus on
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    Echilda wrote: »
    So I managed to get some more people to play! Can anyone reccomend a good place to hire a Vent server?

I use TypeFrag

mkc.png
  • Options
    @Echilda: What server are you on? I'm dying for an Ops group.

• Options
    Oh wow, 1.6 comes out tomorrow!

It includes 6 new Heroic Space Missions for each side as well as a new Warzone.

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Do F2P players still have that awful xp penalty? I went into Dromund Kaas at level 11 and finished just barely at level 15 having completed every quest I could find. I don't have the patience to level grind, so I won't be playing again until they fix that.

• Options
    edited December 2012
    steps to crashing your server every evening when people get off school/work:

1. make game free to play
    2. merge PvP servers down to 2 (east and west)

Xehalus on
  • Options
    Oh wow, 1.6 comes out tomorrow!

It includes 6 new Heroic Space Missions for each side as well as a new Warzone.

wow, that's...super underwhelming

• Options
    yeah, I assume most people are waiting for more planets

• Options
    Terrendos wrote: »
    Do F2P players still have that awful xp penalty? I went into Dromund Kaas at level 11 and finished just barely at level 15 having completed every quest I could find. I don't have the patience to level grind, so I won't be playing again until they fix that.
    Sorry, I don't know any specifics for f2p.

@The Geebs That Is A Pony Well, 1.5 just came out a few weeks ago, so it is surprising that more stuff would be released so soon.

• Options
    it seems weird to have a whole new .# thing for more space missions and a pvp thing

but it's mostly underwhelming because those are two of my least favorite things in the game so it's maybe a personal opinion more than anythin'

• Options
    I am preferred (subscribed for 60 days at launch) and playing for free right now and my XP has been fine

I've been over-leveled at points even

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    So @Yukira is dragging me into this again, and I'm just curious about how possible/feasible it is to ungimp a f2p preferred account to the point of never caring about a subscription?

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    ... @Bogey

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    well they obviously don't want you to do that

• Options
    it seems weird to have a whole new .# thing for more space missions and a pvp thing

but it's mostly underwhelming because those are two of my least favorite things in the game so it's maybe a personal opinion more than anythin'

Have you tried the PvP much? It's actually pretty good fun. A new warzone (if it's good) will add a lot to the game.

• Options
    Tube wrote: »
    well they obviously don't want you to do that

Yeah, but the only stuff I really care about for right now are things like character selection, the credit cap, and anything that might limit the single player story experience.

• Options
    the story is untouched

everything else is limited

• Options
    You can buy all the character unlocks and the credit cap probably isn't going to be relevant to you either way. 350k per character is fine for most stuff.

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    You know you love me, Josh.

• Options
    Okay, thanks. (not you Yukira)
    <3

• Options
    So @Yukira is dragging me into this again, and I'm just curious about how possible/feasible it is to ungimp a f2p preferred account to the point of never caring about a subscription?
    Sorry, I'm not familiar with most of the specifics regarding f2p.

• Options
    Bogey is actually Daddy Warbucks. We are just the endless rabble of poor.

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    On the plus side, they gave some ground on the whole quickslot thing.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    @Echilda: What server are you on? I'm dying for an Ops group.

I play on the Crimson Eclipse (its an EU server).

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Man, I know cartel packs are a fool's game but I just got a piece of armor that lets my jedi knight run around Hoth shirtless.

It is like the perfect mix of lazy and awesome

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    I liked the part when force lightning stopped having a cooldown