Options

Shadowrun: Bishop - You've been restructured.

12346»

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'll jack your data!

Wait, what does that mean? Anyways, I vote we get Frag to show up with his rocket launchers and we just take out half the building to get to the bad guys.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    VoraciousAardvarkVoraciousAardvark Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Honestly, and maybe its because my character is running the show on this run, last night felt REALLY tense. I really liked the feeling of getting cut off at every turn, it really kept me on my toes last night. I was trying to concoct new plans like on the fly, while keeping to the base idea I have floating around in my head. You threw us into a really cool situation, and I feel really good about this run so far.

VoraciousAardvark on
    DirectLogo.jpg
  • Options
    ValkunValkun Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    If Frag doesn't show up by next week, I'm going to declare him legally MIA somewhere in Amazonia. We might just stick with the five we have now then.

Well, I'm glad you liked it. I was kind of worried I wasn't providing enough information about the building (oh god, office buildings are huge) and the why of the situation. Reynolds, seriously, they're like 1,000Â¥ and .08 essence, you can afford to install a datajack.

Valkun on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    It was tense, yeah. Just reminded me of some of those video games where you sneak into places, but you can only go through a certain way. Like Splinter Cell I guess. ;)

And I just never thought I'd need one. My understanding of hacking and stuff is still a bit shakey, I just figured wireless was the best way to go.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Valkun wrote: »
    If Frag doesn't show up by next week, I'm going to declare him legally MIA somewhere in Amazonia. We might just stick with the five we have now then.

Well, I'm glad you liked it. I was kind of worried I wasn't providing enough information about the building (oh god, office buildings are huge) and the why of the situation. Reynolds, seriously, they're like 1,000Â¥ and .08 essence, you can afford to install a datajack.

My old gm had a knack for designing building layouts for shadowrun. I've seen him sit down while we're all out for dinner and before the food gets there, design and entire 8 story underground facility on a napkin. Despite all that, it comes down to telling how a place feels than what a blueprint looks like. I can look at a design for a room and get nothing out of it. But if, say, we opened the elevator doors halfway and managed to climb onto the floor only to be greeted by dark cubicles, remotely lit based on the blinking lights of the city skyscape outside, and the reek of death, then I know what to start building in my mind.

Thats pretty much how I imagined the scene as Raven and myself stalked down the corridors. If you REALLY want to know what was going through my head, read on, this is how I retold the scene to coworkers this morning.

"Raven emerges into a marble tiled elevator lobby floor, fake plants to either side, and a dimly blinking security light bathing her in a barely visible red hue every few seconds. The room is silent except for her soft footsteps, and the sounds of something otherworldly feasting in another part of the floor. Raven moves swat style through the aisles of office cubicles in a half crouch, moving with purpose towards the other end of the floor. Almost in the center of the room are a pair of pillars, from which we may or may not have any cover to protect ourselves from. As she stalks forward, I climb in though the same doors, giant executioners axe in hand and cold mask of death covering my face by way of hardened body armor. No emotions shown, just intent to get this underway and kill anything that may endanger my partner, my mission, my team, or lastly, myself.

As we near the middle of the room, the loud crunching of bone can be heard off to our left, towards the emergency stairwell. Bathed in a sickly glow of the security lights and the dim glow of the outside night sky was what once could be called human, but more beast than man now, devouring what was left of a poor janitor. Gore was everywhere, the man's head wasn't even in sight. Holding up a hand to indicate my intent, I kick into action just as the foul ghoul turns its head towards the sky, sniffing what, unbeknownst to her, would spell her doom only seconds later. With a quick chop I flay open the beast's back before it can turn around, nearly severing an arm. Standing instinctively aside for my teammate, Raven draws a cold bead on the ghoul's head and finishs our morbid work.

While Raven sizes off the size of hole we will need to melt into the plascrete pillar, I make quick work of moving the ghoul's corpse to the far side of the room, careful to cover up the undeniable stench of its death throws with more blood from the janitor. Grizzly work, but it comes with the job. Finishing the task, I join Raven just as she is ready to set the thermite. Setting my axe against the cubicle wall oh so carefully, I pull the thermite out of my pack and set to work. After the job is done, Raven begins rewiring the internal compartment while I retrieve my weapon and scan the area for signs of more trouble. The thing about ghouls is that they travel in packs. Where there's one, theres more.

A sound breaks the silence from the direction of the elevators, and I move towards our exit as Raven dives into the network. Yumi and Briggs, er Juice, I think he's going by, climb hastily in through the elevator doors, and Yumi gives an explanation while Briggs struggles to close the doors. I throw them a dirty look that cannot be seen through my exoskeleton, and silently curse myself for forgetting to cut the lines after we were down. We've surely been made and were now under a time constraint. Yumi turns around and effortlessly closes the door that Briggs seems to be having trouble with. I point them towards hiding spots as I hear a noise coming from the direction of the exit stairs. Quickly moving over I hear two of the ghouls conversing on the other side, and quickly move to cover up our odors with that of yet more blood. The talking stops almost as soon as it began. Did they turn away and head elsewhere? Did they smell the sudden change in the air as a cascade of blood hit the door and go off to gather their comrades?

Breaking me out of my lull and reminding me of the situation at hand, a spotlight arcs into the building, hopefully not flashing over any of us long enough to blow our cover. I run through a handful of likely scenarios in my head, including Bishop support forces (doubtfull), a news team, or even more terrorists. As it turns out my second guess was right as the chopper swerves to the side enough to make out the designation of a news network on the side. Quickly adapting this newest development to my ongoing plan, this could actually provide a much needed distraction and fit in with my designs.

A text flashes across the hud of my helmet as Raven gives us her first status report. Seconds have turned into what feels like hours during the last minute or so of activity. Turns out the intruders have the hostages caged up and are injecting them with some chemical. Could it be HMHVV? We're already working with ghouls here, and possible a vampire or something of similar power. Might they have something even more sinister to inject them with? Are they actually here for the guests of the dinner party, or for something else in the building? The former of the two seems too obvious, and the latter of the two seems a stretch as they haven't made any advances into the building other than to secure the area and clear out the guards and office workers. Maybe theres another scheme at play here that we have yet to stumble onto. Time will tell. Once we get an outside line I could bet my life that Serenity or Merlin will have something for us to go on.

The intruders obviously have no regard for human life, so all bets are off on this one. I'll take them all out and drag someone's barely living body out for questioning. I could almost kill one of them and heal him up. There's an idea.

Getting back to the task at hand, Raven gives us a detailed layout of guard postings, and lets us know that someone else is in the network watching the cameras. I would prefer for us to just blackout the security system, but that would give us away if we haven't already been found out. No, she should just loop the cameras so that we don't tip anyone off. Raven's wiz at hacking, she can do it with ease. I should remind her to pay attention to guard rotations and modify the film loop accordingly.

Sadly, we might need her to be our eyes in this situation, and leave Briggs with her while she stays in the system. I trust the kid, but its his first time in the grind with us and I don't know what he's capable of. I trust him enough to watch Raven, but I don't want to toss him in the pot with myself and Yumi and get the kid killed. We'll see what this one requires, but I'm going to have to keep playing it by ear. Why couldn't I have been the CO for the last mission? That was frosty compared to this mess. Oh well. Theres always speed rapelling down the side of the building, hitting the hostages with a barrier and killing every last motherfucker in the room. Actually, Yumi will probably go for that, I should keep it in mind. Her being batshit crazy comes in handy sometimes, yeah...."

VoraciousAardvark on
    DirectLogo.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    tl;dr : Yumi's going to kill everyone if anyone gives her an inch.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Hrm, if you write up those kinds of summaries often, you should post them to the wiki. Good to have different perspectives on what's going on, makes for more interesting reading. Hopefully Anaximander can sort of get an idea of what's going on.

Valkun on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I had honestly considered writing a character journal, but kind of wrote it off. If you're digging that, then sure, I can post what I've got as sort of a play by play for people to jump into the story at large.

VoraciousAardvark on
    DirectLogo.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I posted a personal log! I don't think anyone liked it, though. D:

Do we have the logs of this session? I was going to update the page with the new Case File and all that, but didn't quite remember all the important info.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Hey guys, sorry I didn't show. I didn't feel well and slept the entire day. Got up at like 4 in the morning and still felt kinda crappy. I had my between-sessions report ready as well to earn my 12th karma point. I'll post that soon.

Saint Justice on
    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • Options
    Anthrax! Please.Anthrax! Please. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Back and I should be ready to roll for this coming Sunday.

I will even have real internets at my own place tomorrow so I will be all prepared and shits.

(Also AX was rad).

Anthrax! Please. on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Yumi wrote:
    I posted a personal log! I don't think anyone liked it, though.

Do we have the logs of this session? I was going to update the page with the new Case File and all that, but didn't quite remember all the important info.

I liked it, seemed very much with Yumi's personality as instead of filing a stern, facts only log entry, it sounds more like something you'd read in a diary. When I get home, I'll upload the last session to the wiki. It's been a good week for inspiration so hold onto your hats folks, everything will get a lot wilder.

Also, this week I'll be going to Taiko on Sunday afternoons so I might be a little(or very) late. Don't worry, I'll penalize my karma if I am.

Valkun on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Are you ever going to fill in Z's log with the rest of the adventure, maybe a wrap up? Are you planning to add in other people's week off logs?

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Man, here I was hoping we'd finish this one.

Ah well. Standoffs are neat.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I don't understand most of this adventure, since I had no clue what ghouls were until this adventure, when I was taken to a world you may not understand.

Also, I was sitting there debating what to do. Maybe go back and jump up the elevator shaft to get there? But I figured it'd take more than one turn, and Bruce would be dead by then. I just kept hearing Valkun saying, "I'd let you bust through a wall as easily as Bearnado if you wanted to." I couldn't resist. :P

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    YUMI-NADO!

Saint Justice on
    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Sorry the descriptions have been kinda sparse during this last case but everyone is going every which way and there are a ton of things to keep track of D:. I'll try to give a little more vivid idea of the scene when I can.

At the beginning of the week I was worried that the next session was going to be really short but then inspiration struck. Hold onto your seats folks, things are about to get interesting.
    "Reynolds wrote:
    I don't understand most of this adventure, since I had no clue what ghouls were until this adventure, when I was taken to a world you may not understand.

That's not all too surprising to be honest considering that they're barely mentioned in SR4. But it's not like they're completely unknown to the public, so I'll try to give everyone a refresher on them:

Unlike orks, dwarves, elves, and trolls, ghouls are not a metahuman variant in their own right but more of an additional layer laid atop. After being infected by the Krieger strain of the Human Metahuman Variant Virus(HMHVV), a normal person begins to morph in strange ways both physical and mental. Each person is affected in a similar way but the extent of the change is different. Some are devolved into little more then feral beasts while others manage the transformation with an even stronger force of will. All ghouls go blind and are forced to eat the flesh of humans on occassion. Usually, the change is accompanied by a strengthening of the body and paleing of the skin although such things are easy to hide in the modern age.

Ghouls are born that way or they're a result of the infection being passed on via fluids, but no ghouls chose to be that way (maybe some freaky Neogoths). Due to their dietary requirements and the few that become animal like, the public views them as little more then monsters. The things that go bump in the ghettos, feeding off of the unwary and the weak. This view has kept them from getting even the basic rights given to metahumans. The actual life of most ghouls is rather different, they keep to themselves for protection, trying to live as best as they can, scavenging flesh from gang fights, graveyards, and medical waste. The late Dunklezahn has offered a substantial reward to the first company that produces artificial metahuman material that can satiate the infected but the prize has yet to be claimed.

Valkun on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Hollywood hogwash? The man fired a very small incediary grenade. That's all. You know... grenades...

You know

Anthrax! Please. on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    So, are we going to be doing anything pre-Sunday? I'd heard some mumblings about another IRC sessions or some informative posts here. Just wondering.

Also, I've got two questions for when I might be spending money/karma. If i want to move from some program/equipment at +2 to one at +3, do I just pay the difference? Or do I have to just buy a brand new +3 item and there's some sorta rule for selling back stuff? And, since we ran into that little problem when I wanted to hack things this adventure...what equipment and skills am I missing to use a data-jack and keycard/pad breakers?

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    The session for 22 July 2007 is going to be cancelled, I've been really busy lately and definately need some time for planning. That last case was almost entirely done on the fly and it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Valkun on
  • Options
    HotaCrayHotaCray Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Yeah, I can wait. I've gotten horridly busy this weekend myself.
    I'll look forward to the next game though.

HotaCray on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    This probably won't be too surprising but I think I'm going to have to cancel the game indefinately. I'm just finding myself too caught up in other things to really devote the time necessary for excellent story telling. For what it's worth, I had fun with you guys and I'm sorry to the new guys that the last adventure wasn't exactly top notch.

I'd recommend you guys take a look at Reynold's Silent Hill game if you still want to get your roleplay on.

Valkun on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    well :|

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Valkun wrote: »
    This probably won't be too surprising but I think I'm going to have to cancel the game indefinately. I'm just finding myself too caught up in other things to really devote the time necessary for excellent story telling. For what it's worth, I had fun with you guys and I'm sorry to the new guys that the last adventure wasn't exactly top notch.

I'd recommend you guys take a look at Reynold's Silent Hill game if you still want to get your roleplay on.

D:D:D:

Anthrax! Please. on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    D::|D:

Sorry guys, life calls.

Valkun on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Are you still going to be around for the SH game, or do you need to take a break from that as well?

Because I'm losing players rapidly for that. So it might be best to try and start up a different, more actiony game to try and take over this lost spot. I don't know.

Anyways, this sucks. But it's understandable.

Edit : He says he'll be sticking around for SH. So I could probably take one or two more if people want to come over. I'd be more than happy to try and run something else, but I can really only do one game at a time. I'd be up for playing if someone else wants to run anything.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Are you still going to be around for the SH game, or do you need to take a break from that as well?

Because I'm losing players rapidly for that. So it might be best to try and start up a different, more actiony game to try and take over this lost spot. I don't know.

Anyways, this sucks. But it's understandable.

Edit : He says he'll be sticking around for SH. So I could probably take one or two more if people want to come over. I'd be more than happy to try and run something else, but I can really only do one game at a time. I'd be up for playing if someone else wants to run anything.

I can run something, but I'm afeared that we'll have the typical ODaM attrition rate and then have another dead game. So the question is what are you guys interested in? My cup of tea is WoD survival horror, but obviously Reynolds has that shit covered. Exalted? SR? Something? I'd love to see this group keep playing.

Anthrax! Please. on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I'm bleeding players over in Silent Hill. It looks like we were down from 10+ people that wanted to play to just two that showed up this week, after only one showing up last week.

So, guys...if you want to swing by ODAM right now and talk, I'm working up another, more fast-paced game to try to replace this. Otherwise, we'll try to meet tomorrow night. How does 7, usual time sound?

Just wanted to say, everyone's welcome to come. People that bowed out early like Powerslave, or people that were on the waiting list, or just anyone that's interested and can make a Saturday or Sunday night game. But, priority is going to Shinyo, Valkun, WHY, and Nerf...Aardvark. Anaximander and his friend too.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    It's seven and just Valkun is here. If nobody's interested, I'll shut up. But I was hoping some of you guys and some SH guys might want to still have a game to play.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    HotaCrayHotaCray Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    SH could be lots of fun, but for me I'm not going to be able to show up this weekend as I'm being kidnapped by my parents for the entire weekend. If I mange to find internets I'll see if I can join up, but I doubt it, just giving y'all a heads up.

HotaCray on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Alright, I guess you won't be around to make a character for the week after? Well, we'll see how it goes.

Now I just have to get a hold of Anaximander and finish with this last guy...

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I'll be late at best. Sorry Reynolds. Bad week.

Anthrax! Please. on