As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Adventure [chat]

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    That Hamlet mission can be deadly.

I lost not 1, not 2 but 7 boffs to that mission. I am not sure, maybe they used a real poisoned knife or there was a holodeck incident. I lost 7 people doing hamlet.

Hah, that's awesome.

Write it off as the safety protocol got disabled, and they were forced to play through the entire script as written.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    man i would totally have a ship crewed entirely by orion slavegirls

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    He also bought the Corvette without having it checked out or anything.

Yep. I mean it's not the worst possible decision he could have made. I mean he could have bought that 2012 Charger that had been declared wrecked but the owner swears was a minor fender bender.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Oh, hello large breasted Vulcan in a short skirt, bending over the play free button with lips pursed, eyes intently staring at the viewer and phaser firing randomly into the distance.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Don't forget, Slider was banned from the Car Thread before this story because he was gonna get someone killed and we didn't want to know.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Aw, stupid class made me miss an exciting chat time. :( I had opinions, man!

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Come on someone link me to Slider's schadenfreude.

It's in the D&D car thread.

Of which there are several historical threads with hundreds of pages. I looked for I while the day after it happened and didn't find the relevant posts.

BOOTSTRAPS

Some of us have busy KIDS and LIVES desc. You're not a MOM so I don't expect YOU to UNDERSTAND.

This is fursecution

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Oh, hello large breasted Vulcan in a short skirt, bending over the play free button with lips pursed, eyes intently staring at the viewer and phaser firing randomly into the distance.

Doesn't she remind you of a young Kirstie Alley?

Mortious on
    Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

Think it is a Romulan.

Last season has been about Romulans.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular

I lost not 1, not 2 but 7 boffs to that mission. I am not sure, maybe they used a real poisoned knife or there was a holodeck incident. I lost 7 people doing hamlet.

Sweet jeebus I hope you're not joking. That might actually get me to break my self-imposed MMORPG ban.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    so my dad just messaged me on gtalk to say he sold an old auger for 381 dollars after he bought it for five bucks

and then he says

"this augers well for the future

get it

augers

ahahahahahahahaha"

yes dad. yes I get it.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Done all my homework.

I am the best student.
    Aw, stupid class made me miss an exciting chat time. :( I had opinions, man!

Share! Maybe. Maybe not. :P

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

I've only lost like two Doffs. Most of the Doffs who leave my ship are guys I've donated. Or colonists/refuges.

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    dayum it's already after 1530

• Options
    shalmelo wrote: »

Sweet jeebus I hope you're not joking. That might actually get me to break my self-imposed MMORPG ban.

Not joking. Total for the disaster of the performance:

7 dead
    3 in sick bay

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    The V'Ger / Borg tie together just makes absolutely no sense. The whole point of the TNG eps that introduced them was "They didn't know you were here, now they do and you're fucked". Voyager had a ton of data that would have sent them straight to us.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    shalmelo wrote: »

Not joking. Total for the disaster of the performance:

7 dead
    3 in sick bay

Damn.

Tough crowd.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    QZKW9.jpg?1

• Options
    Delmain wrote: »
    Don't forget, Slider was banned from the Car Thread before this story because he was gonna get someone killed and we didn't want to know.

:whistle:
    i do a hunned down the highway
    so if u do tha speed limit get tha fuck outa my way

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    I usually try to keep schadenfreude free but man that slider

• Options
    cptrugged wrote: »
    The V'Ger / Borg tie together just makes absolutely no sense. The whole point of the TNG eps that introduced them was "They didn't know you were here, now they do and you're fucked". Voyager had a ton of data that would have sent them straight to us.

eh, there's a lot of ways to explain that.

e.g. When we sent Voyager, we kind of sucked, so the Borg would have ignored us as they don't assimilate primitive cultures.

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »

I've only lost like two Doffs. Most of the Doffs who leave my ship are guys I've donated. Or colonists/refuges.

I don't know it happened! Just a bad roll with the random number generator. I had like 5% chance of failure.

The hilarity of it being a holodeck accident makes it worth the loss.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    living up to his name I guess

also gooey sux

tyrannus on
  • Options
    NO TYRANNUS SUX

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »

e.g. When we sent Voyager, we kind of sucked, so the Borg would have ignored us as they don't assimilate primitive cultures.

Also, Voyager was just shy of broken (see: V'Ger) when it was found, so it's not surprising the data it was carrying was corrupted.

• Options
    so i want to sell a bunch of shit on CL

but i also do not want to give out my phone number

aren't there like "burner number" apps or something that can give me a temporary number that will ring on my phone?

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    The very concept of someone wrecking their car all by themselves, from a full stop, is in and of itself hilarious. The context is all just bonus.

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I want to see a cage match. Mom Culture mom vs CF Hardcore Harry Potter Costume Contest participant.

We get them in a cage and then throw it off a bridge, you see.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    I had kind of gotten over this thing where apparently I work for a crazy old man who can decide to send me off to another city with no warning or consent. "Real life," I told myself, "involves dealing with stuff you don't like even if you don't agree with the reasons."

Today I found out I'm not getting paid for the travel time and everyone wants this documentation and that stub and blah blah blah everyone's pissy at me for shit I wanted nothing to do with I just want to be fucking compensated and I'm not even getting that SO FUCK THESE PEOPLE SO MUCH FUCK THIS JOB FUCK IT

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »

aren't there like "burner number" apps or something that can give me a temporary number that will ring on my phone?

Doesn't Google Voice do something like this?

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular

It's because people kept asking if they should do Macbeth next

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    i need a game to play, someone suggest me a game so i can dismiss it because i don't have that game or don't want to play it

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

You could use Google Voice or Skype.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular

Also, Voyager was just shy of broken (see: V'Ger) when it was found, so it's not surprising the data it was carrying was corrupted.

I guess I can see some reaching that can be done. I just don't care for it myself.

• Options

Yup, also a way to explain it.

Personally I like the tie-in. It gives the Borg an extra dimension, and emphasizes their explorer nature, which is something they don't highlight enough over them just being the "BigBad"

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    name one good reason to not have a ship crewed entirely by orion slave girls

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Well the cat is doing better today. While I was at school my mom told me he got up, walked around a little, stared out the patio door at the rain, then hopped up on a chair and slept for a while, and she eventually moved him back into the gated off kitchen where we've been keeping him (too many well-meaning dogs who want to go stick their noses on him).

When I got home from school he picked his head up and watched me until I came over to pet him, after which he put his head back down and went back to sleep.

The cat is still fucked up beyond belief but he is no longer imminently dying of a massive infection.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I can see you back there dentist

I think the wait before they see you is all about dominance

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    name one good reason to not have a ship crewed entirely by orion slave girls

YOU WOULD BE TEAM SPACE HITLER

This discussion has been closed.