Options

Two Harbaughs Enter, One Harbaugh Leaves! [NFL]

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    As NFL head coaches, neither Harbaugh has lost a game following a bye week. Including the playoffs, John is 6-0; Jim is 3-0-1.

Another fun fact: the team that wins will be the only team remaining in the league to appear in multiple Super Bowls without losing one.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    You know what? I think they should move the pro-bowl back to after the SB.

Instead what should happen is the two teams that lost their Championship games should go to Hawaii and play an exhibition game. It would be an unofficial "third place" game, so there'd still be a little bit of actual competition. They get the consolation prize of getting to go to Hawaii, and the folks out there get something actually resembling a real game for a change.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Apparently Peyton coached the AFC'ers into playing a more physical game today.

I want to see him get sacked so many times. Not hurt, not injured, not even a stinger, just put on his ass, like, five times.

• Options
    Peyton Manning just received his last snap from Jeff Saturday.

• Options
    Okay guys, it's over. NFC won, 62-35. It wasn't any worse than a college game.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I enjoyed what I watched. It was definitely better than last year.

• Options
    Definitely. A lot better. It was just fine to have on in the background while I did other stuff.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »

Did this somehow happen during the probowl?

Because if it did I is confused.

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »

It did. Jeff played one snap for the AFC side just to get in one last snap from Peyton. Jeff retired following the ProBowl.

• Options
    zerzhul wrote: »

It did. Jeff played one snap for the AFC side just to get in one last snap from Peyton. Jeff retired following the ProBowl.

OK, that is the awesomest football news all week.

• Options

Yeah, it was definitely a highlight. The guys in the booth were like, "See, this is what the Pro Bowl should be about"

Best part? Saturday blocked up like a beast. It wasn't just a bush league play, it was straight up.

• Options

Yeah, it was definitely a highlight. The guys in the booth were like, "See, this is what the Pro Bowl should be about"

Best part? Saturday blocked up like a beast. It wasn't just a bush league play, it was straight up.

If Saturday gave up a sack in the probowl on his one play I'm pretty sure the Manningface that ensued would have killed his children.

• Options
    Nah I just meant that it wasn't like a kneel down or anything.

• Options
    SliderSlider Registered User regular
    Looks like the officials stop officiating during the Pro Bowl, too.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    the probowl wasn't all bad

I bet it was nice for larry to remember what it was like being thrown to by a competent QB

• Options
    Jars wrote: »
    the probowl wasn't all bad

I bet it was nice for larry to remember what it was like being thrown to by a competent QB

Hah, I was thinking that most of the game.

• Options
    From Roger Goodell's AMA on Reddit

Capture65464_zps5e6bebbc.png

Apparently that dude is Kluwe.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    If reports are to be believed, the Jets QB candidates for 2013 include Mark Sanchez, Michael Vick, Jamarcus Russell, and Jeff George.
    Rotoworld wrote:
    The Newark Star-Ledger reports the Jets have had "some very exploratory, informal discussions" regarding ex-Raiders QB JaMarcus Russell.
    Russell, of course, was the No. 1 overall pick in the 2007 draft and has been out of the league since 2009. However, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported last week that Russell is planning to show his face at the NFL Scouting Combine next month in hopes of making a comeback. Russell is currently tipping the scales at 305 pounds, but hopes to get down to his past playing weight of around 260. The Star-Ledger says these talks happened after Mike Tannenbaum was fired, but it's unclear if John Idzik was in the fold, yet. Only the Jets.

Do it Jets. Do it. If you're going to be this big of a joke, go. all. out.

I want to see an offensive unit that has Sanchez, Tebow, Russell, Vick, George, Ocho, and TO all on the field at the same time. Do it and I'll watch every game.

• Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular
    So JaMarcus Russell might try and compete against younger prospects. Why would that ever be considered a good idea?

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Jeff George? really?

• Options
    tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    Jeff George will be 46 this year, in december

• Options
    George was from a time when I didnt care too much about the behind the scenes football, I was too busy being in 4th grade and not having that kind of attention span

But now that i'm reading up on him turns out he is just a real dick

• Options
    Jeff George was the protocutler. Paving roads for douches with big arms since 1990.

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    Marth wrote: »
    So JaMarcus Russell might try and compete against younger prospects. Why would that ever be considered a good idea?

For the comedic possibilities?

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    I'm not sure who I'm going to pick this weekend.

I'm leaning towards Baltimore right now.

Though, I'm rooting for San Francisco.

mcp on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    tugga wrote: »
    George was from a time when I didnt care too much about the behind the scenes football, I was too busy being in 4th grade and not having that kind of attention span

He's a total meathead that thinks he's Manning-level genius and is more stubborn than Brett Favre in that he believes he can make any throw regardless of coverage.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Looks like Rob Ryan isn't going to the Rams after all.

• Options
    Taking a little bit longer than 5 minutes, Robbo...

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    I was surprised when they hired Rob so quickly.

In almost ten years the guy has never put together a good defensive team.

• Options
    bbygsjkccaabolh.jpg

• Options
    Butters wrote: »

He's a total meathead that thinks he's Manning-level genius and is more stubborn than Brett Favre in that he believes he can make any throw regardless of coverage.

so pretty much

unclerico.jpg

• Options
    Butters wrote: »

so pretty much

unclerico.jpg

Yes except to his credit George is physically capable of throwing a football over them mountains.

It just won't be mountains he intended and it will still get intercepted.

• Options
    Also, to the surprise of what should be nobody Ray Lewis apparently used a banned substance to aid in his recovery from a torn tricep. The substance is known as "deer antler spray" and is considered very similar to HGH

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/01/29/report-ray-lewis-used-banned-substance-to-recover-from-torn-triceps/

Though its unlikely any action will be taken against him as the NFL currently has no test for it or HGH yet.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    lol deergate

• Options
    Ray should have just gone to Jared Allen, dude probably kills a dozen deer a day and holds an "all you can lick antler buffet" in his basement.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    real talk

if I were ray lewis I'd be on every single dope known to man this week

he has no integrity to defend

just load up, get 20 tackles, and nobody will remember that you were huffing glue to do it 20 years from now

Jasconius on
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    real talk

if I were a professional football player I'd be on every single dope known to man all of the time

I'd have no integrity to defend because I would be rich as fuck

just load up, get 20 tackles, and nobody will remember that you were huffing glue to do it 20 years from now

fixed that for you

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Yeah, Loate is Kluwe's reddit username (in r/nfl he has a thing signifying who he is in some fashion).

Also, I managed to get stuck working all day Sunday. From 10am to 8:15 pm. Because one of the girls who works here sucks and is unreliable and then had the balls to put in for the weekend off and got it. And the other got a new job where she works overnight on weekends at a homeless shelter. And my boss is on vacation until Monday. :C

• Options
    The Beyonce thing will take forever so you'll probably be home to catch the second half.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Does the game start at 6 or 7?

This discussion has been closed.