Options

[DnD 4e PbP] Crumbling Citadels (OOC)

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I was just looking through the character sheets at skills, and we're pretty well rounded. Our only non double digit seems to be Nature and even that's close with Baran at 9.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    LeperLeper Registered User regular
    I know it's an absolute waste, but part of me really wants to get the feat that'll let Sark swap out to his Str bonus for Intimidate. >_>

If my role play is hindered by rolling to play, then I'd prefer the rolls play right, instead of steam-rolling play-night.
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    :D It's my favorite feat. I take it on all my str chars.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm just not sure it's particularly necessary, esp. the half-orc improved version.

On top of that, I feel that any build using STR as a main or rider should have something similar to that as a class feature in my absolutely non-so-humble opinion.

If my role play is hindered by rolling to play, then I'd prefer the rolls play right, instead of steam-rolling play-night.
  • Options
    I have always agreed. Oh you're a 7 foot tall Dragonborn with a sword still covered in gore from all my friends you just butchered? Whatever, I'm not scared of you because you're not charismatic.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    It seems like there are at least some skills where you should be able to take the higher of two applicable ability scores.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Yeah. I'm also not a fan of the class-based skill ineqalities. Everyone's a contributor in combat, why hand one guy 6 skills and rituals to cover skills he hasn't got and then another guy gets... three, coupled with stats that don't match up to a lot of the skills. Blarg.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Oh and I'm going to try really hard not to cheese metagame. So I'm straight runnin' at that thing when I come up. I don't know anything about any auras.

It's implied that the guy that gets the skill check informs the rest of the party what the shit does, hence why public information.

Talking is a free action after all.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    SaurfangSaurfang Registered User regular
    I'll gab all about it!

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    @Lord_Asmodeus , which square you starting in?

Characters
  • Options
    *starts placing people on the map*

*notices that everyone has managed to position themselves in a + cross pattern, all adjacent*

*quickly goes and checks whether the monsters have an area attack available please god have one*

Characters
  • Options
    >_<

• Options
    ahhhhhh ihopewewoninitiative

• Options
    edited February 2013
    I hope you don't mind me taking creative license with Larsson's response to Baran there, @A Dabble of Thelonius!

Edit: Not sure how to @ your handle!

Edit2: I have learned something today!

Saurfang on
  • Options
    To notify someone with spaces in your name you need to @ and then after the @ put "<name of guy in here>".

Characters
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    That's my problem... I've been doing it without the quotation marks and it's worked it for me so far since no one I've notified has had multiple words in their name. Thanks!

Saurfang on
  • Options
    It's okay, I had to ask in [chat]

Characters
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Are we supposed to start out in the 4-5 range, or is that just where everyone has been going?

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    I think we all just started out there. "South and west edges" are our deployment area.

• Options
    K4 I suppose.

• Options
    Saurfang wrote: »
    I hope you don't mind me taking creative license with Larsson's response to Baran there, @A Dabble of Thelonius!

Edit: Not sure how to @ your handle!

Edit2: I have learned something today!

You seem to have a handle on his response. :) Manic depressive soldier with a hero complex and PTSD.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    TalonrazorTalonrazor Registered User regular
    Just giving everyone a heads up, this weekend is my National Guard unit's drill weekend. Which means I get to go sit at the combat range all weekend with my med bag waiting for a grunt to shoot himself.

I might not be around until Sunday night / Monday morning.

sig4.jpg
  • Options
    Long periods of intense and oppressive boredom, occasionally broken up by moments of sheer pant-shitting terror. Sounds like the armed forces, all right.

Thank you for your service, sir.

• Options
    Eh, I have done nothing noteworthy in the Army. I've saved more lives as civilian medic than I ever will in the Army but it's the Army uniform that gets all the respect while a jail medic gets spat on every day!

Let me sit in my rocking chair and grump about today's kids and my lawn.

sig4.jpg
  • Options
    Do they really shoot themselves? O_o

Characters
  • Options
    Last time some 19-year old discharged an M4 into the shooting platform an inch from his foot.

They.... they aren't the smartest bunch. At least the low-level infantry. You get better as you go up.

sig4.jpg
  • Options
    Talonrazor wrote: »
    Eh, I have done nothing noteworthy in the Army. I've saved more lives as civilian medic than I ever will in the Army but it's the Army uniform that gets all the respect while a jail medic gets spat on every day!
    Eh, it's that when we don't need ya, you may not be doing anything great, but when we do, we really, really, really do.

Nothing to say about convict expectorate, however.

• Options
    edited February 2013
    >_>

<_<

Yeah, I know it's the weekend. I'm also bored at work. (boo!)

Leper on
  • Options
    I'd like to just say that the +5 initiative bonus is annoying as hell when I keep rolling ties, at which point I look at the modifiers and just throw my hands up.

Characters
  • Options
  • Options
    I am back and getting a post up ASAP. Today is game day and medical homework day!

sig4.jpg
  • Options
    @Leper , Sark's up first if you can get a post in before I do the starting update.

Characters
  • Options
    So I am thinking I will pop War Proxy and hid Kane behind cover and concealment. Use someone who will be some squares away from main monsters to launch attacks. Opinions?

Also, I swapped the Multiclass feat Student of the Plague for the Hidden Sniper feat.

sig4.jpg
  • Options
    Just woke up. Doin' stuffs.

• Options
    Sounds fine to me, Talonrazor!

I'm afeared of this festering morass's first action.

• Options
    But all he can do is punch things.

Really hard

Characters
  • Options
    Stuffs done. Not really exciting stuffs, but stuffs nonetheless.

• Options
    Your movement is going to end in D9 as a result of difficult terrain. You okay with this?

Don't think it changes the result of your attack.

Characters
  • Options
    Acceptable and edited to reflect. :D

• Options
    Players in a group (ie- no monsters between them) don't need to take their turns in order if they'd rather strategize party actions. It's no different than simply Delaying until after the next guy goes anyway so there's no point in just slowing things down by having you say, "I delay".

Characters