As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect 3] Operation LODESTAR. Are you bad enough a dude/dudette to quad Platinum?

• Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    i'm gonna name my geth juggernaut THE RAINBOW

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    1 1/2 weeks till I can finally play this again.
    God, I've missed so fucking much. Catching up on all the new classes, weapons, maps etc is gonna be a bitch.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I'd just like Paladin class for shepard, I want to captain america mother fuckers in single.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Phoenix138Phoenix138 ArizonaRegistered User regular
    Any guesses on what the Geth Scanner weapon mod will do? I'm hopeful it'll provide Hunter Vision-like capabilities to see through walls.

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    I'd just like Paladin class for shepard, I want to captain america mother fuckers in single.

Ideally Shepard would have the ability to throw the shield as well.

• Options
    DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    Any bets the juggernaught will get staggered like a drell?

• Options
    Jesus McChristJesus McChrist Registered User regular
    Phase Disruptor, Hawk Missile Launcher, Hunter Mode.

Because having shields is for bitches.

if you can read this i hope you have a good day partner
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    it probably can't use cover at all like a volus

and when it comes out the intended stagger resistance turns out to be bugged

and every geth game is just perpetual stagger

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Comradebot wrote: »
    If I could give you nega-awesome, I would.
    Because only child molesters and Republicans would kill Wrex
    Seriously man, how could you?

It was easy, I just clicked the left mouse button.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    Mild Confusion you are the hitler of mass effect!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I'd take charge, palm blast, annihilation field, and incendiary ammo and squad cryo or squad disruptor.

Then use the falcon to blow shit up with explosions everywhere.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options

Hey, Wrex shot first!
    Mordin was just a sympathetic fool.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    it probably can't use cover at all like a volus

and when it comes out the intended stagger resistance turns out to be bugged

and every geth game is just perpetual stagger

lol..now that I think about it, it will have to have a ton of shielding because it is going to get wrecked on most maps. chest-high cover would be barely thigh high for it.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options

Hey, Wrex shot first!
    Mordin was just a sympathetic fool.

See I've never run a renegade run, and I've played through all 3 games like 10 times.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    So I'm about to finish ME2 on the ps3, and I'm thinking I want to get 3 for the 360. What is the benefit to using a save file from 2? Is it worth it just to get 3 for the ps3 for the save file or not so much?

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Imports help make the world feel like your world that you were shaping. 360 will mean a much more lively MP community, though, so you might want to just download a save from the save site that resembles your choices (you can redesign Shep's face/class) and follow their instructions on how to transfer it to the 360.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    You can edit your save file on xbox to change up single player flags from me1/me2. Not sure about ps3. Why they didnt put in a randomizer for the flags still confuses me. Makes a replay better if its at least a little different.

• Options
    Honestly I hope for the nextbox and the PScashin they redo the ME trilogy to have the combat be ME3 style.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SneakmanSneakman Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Operation: TRIBUTE

Time to be a big goddamn hero!
    This is a translation of the BioWare France blog entry. The French blog typically uploads the weekend operation info several hours before the English version. Normally I wait for this English version to go up before posting but as I'm busy tonight jacking off to RECKONING I'm saying "what the hell" and posting this now.

Operation: TRIBUTE (Feb 22nd - 25th)

Event Description:
    A surprise attack of the Reapers has hit our team N7 and interrupted supplies of many planets. Many of our units can not rely on their handguns and ammunition. We must honor the memory of our fallen comrades - and show the Reapers that their victory was a mistake.

Individual Goal:
    Two goals are needed:
    1) Earn 50,000 points using the M-8 Avenger.
    2) Earn 50,000 points using Inferno Grenades.

Reward:
    Commendation Pack

Link: blog.bioware.com/2013/02/21/operation-tribute/

EDIT: There may also be a banner unlock, stay tuned for updates.

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/MECoOp/comments/18ysvq/operation_tribute/

Sneakman on
    Diablo 3 | Sneakman#1625 | S9 Multishot Demon Hunter
  • Options
    haha

use the avenger!

you dicks

at least it's not the geth smg

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    The Avenger is really not a bad gun. It's light enough anyone can take it, and its clips are small enough that you're not exposed for too long in order to inflict some damage.

• Options
    haha

use the avenger!

you dicks

What better way to honor the memory of Robin Sachs! Someone on this board called this challenge last week. Nice to see Bioware run with the idea.

Also, there may be a banner as well? Hope so.

• Options
    edited February 2013
    social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/15962900&lf=8
    With the announcement of our final DLC installments, I figured now is as good a time as any to post this.
    The past two years have been incredible for me as a fan of BioWare and as a contracted employee of the company. My final day here is the 28th of February, 2013. Alas, all good things…

My feelings are as expected. We have rolled out an incredibly fun multi-player and associated DLC over the past year. It is something I will carry with me with pride. I have had the honour and privilege to work with one of the most talented teams in the industry and have made a lot of friends here. This is a team that is very passionate about what they do and it shows.

Blood has been shed, sweat has beaded, and tears have filled the buckets. Someone has to clean that up. Coordinating the multi-player room here in Edmonton during development was a bit intimidating at first. We wanted it to be successful. No pressure. Then there was the Live Team to help coordinate weekend operations and assist with balance pushes. It has been a journey. A hard fought one.

I will be heading back into semi-retirement to catch up on the list of games I have been meaning to get to and re-connect with my family in proper fashion. I can’t say for certain what the future holds for me, but I will keep my eyes and ears open for opportunities to get back into the saddle, as it were.

Thanks to you, the fans, for making this a great experience. I wish you great gaming for years to come.

I should go.

Cheers

this really is it then

:cry:

Elendil on
  • Options
    AgusalimAgusalim Registered User regular
    charge, anni field, and nova is what i want.

Every charge an explosion

Every explosion another charge

hey curly

curly

shhhh

dinnae worry

its ok
    this is done with ini editing, its not really possible without omghax. but think of the possibilities!

• Options
    Avenger also reloads super fast.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Sneakman wrote: »
    haha

use the avenger!

you dicks

What better way to honor the memory of Robin Sachs! Someone on this board called this challenge last week. Nice to see Bioware run with the idea.

Also, there may be a banner as well? Hope so.
    oooooooh

that's actually really cool

can't believe i didn't catch that

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Citadel is 4 gigs total.

That's a lot of content (and maybe, just maybe, there's something after the ending we haven't been told...)

• Options
    RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    Sneakman wrote: »
    Operation: TRIBUTE

Time to be a big goddamn hero!

This is a translation of the BioWare France blog entry. The French blog typically uploads the weekend operation info several hours before the English version. Normally I wait for this English version to go up before posting but as I'm busy tonight jacking off to RECKONING I'm saying "what the hell" and posting this now.

Operation: TRIBUTE (Feb 22nd - 25th)

Event Description:
    A surprise attack of the Reapers has hit our team N7 and interrupted supplies of many planets. Many of our units can not rely on their handguns and ammunition. We must honor the memory of our fallen comrades - and show the Reapers that their victory was a mistake.

Individual Goal:
    Two goals are needed:
    1) Earn 50,000 points using the M-8 Avenger.
    2) Earn 50,000 points using Inferno Grenades.

Reward:
    Commendation Pack

Link: blog.bioware.com/2013/02/21/operation-tribute/

EDIT: There may also be a banner unlock, stay tuned for updates.

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/MECoOp/comments/18ysvq/operation_tribute/

Did anyone say Inferno grenades? Time to call in my Krogan Sentinel!

D083uBC.jpg
  • Options
    Can't really complain given how many awesome things included in the announcement, but I will be a little sad if it turns out the new DLC doesn't contain any new Salarians. I'm hoping they'll do something similar to the last DLC: a handful of truly new character models/powers (Geth Juggernaut, Female Turian) and then a boatload of existing models with different power combinations released over a series of weeks.

As things currently stand
    multiplayer certainly has the feel of Shepard deciding to cure the genophage/turning down the Dalatrass.

• Options
    Just skimming through the Bioware board, and there's already a theory about the SP DLC, with pictures so it's real, maybe!
    Apparently Shepard here has a scar on his jaw:

250676_zpsab09aebc.jpg

someone cleaned it up:

shep_zpsbd09425c.png

and then this kicked it off:

mass-effect-3-extended-cut-pc-ps3-xbox-360-screenshots-1_zps007c7f64.jpg

if this was playable as both in game and post-destroy, that would be pretty damn cool

• Options
    This image shows the Krogan Warlord and the Alliance Infiltration Unit (aka EDI), but what is the meteor-looking thing?

http://blog.bioware.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Reckoning1.jpg

Could it be a Hazard version of the Hydra map? Or maybe it's an orbital strike sort of power?

• Options
    Ad astraAd astra Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Comradebot wrote: »
    TexiKen wrote: »
    I really, really hope the ME2 characters get top billing in Citadel when it comes to interactions and such.

I hope we can team up with Zaeed one last time.

Michael Gamble ‏@GambleMike
    "We're also extremely privileged to have worked with the late Robin Sachs on the Citadel DLC. #ZaeedForever

One last mission with Zaeed and his shitty old rifle.

I think this DLC might be a tearjerker... yep, I'm pretty sure tears are going to be jerked.

Ad astra on
  • Options
    i wonder if all these avengers in these MP shots are avengers, or if the Lancer is itself a souped up Avenger

the turian female has the bloodpack pistol, incidentally

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    I really do hope we get hazard versions of the remaining maps, though new maps would have been sweet (looks like not in the cards, given promotional material).

I was briefly annoyed with the weekend challenge since I am just about to wrap up Blood Pack mastery, but then I realized why it was called Tribute, and a smile came to my face.

What kits all have inferno grenades?

• Options
    I'd like it if they changed the Glacier hazard so that the swarm will explode if you shoot it enough, and basically being a free missile. It takes out anything in the area, players or enemies.

• Options
    it's just the batarian and krogan soldier

• Options
    i wonder if all these avengers in these MP shots are avengers, or if the Lancer is itself a souped up Avenger

Valkerie is already an advanced avenger.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Just skimming through the Bioware board, and there's already a theory about the SP DLC, with pictures so it's real, maybe!
    Apparently Shepard here has a scar on his jaw:

250676_zpsab09aebc.jpg

someone cleaned it up:

shep_zpsbd09425c.png

and then this kicked it off:

mass-effect-3-extended-cut-pc-ps3-xbox-360-screenshots-1_zps007c7f64.jpg

if this was playable as both in game and post-destroy, that would be pretty damn cool

Here's a hi-res version of that picture:
    Citadel3.jpg

• Options
    I really do hope we get hazard versions of the remaining maps, though new maps would have been sweet (looks like not in the cards, given promotional material).

I was briefly annoyed with the weekend challenge since I am just about to wrap up Blood Pack mastery, but then I realized why it was called Tribute, and a smile came to my face.

What kits all have inferno grenades?

Batarian Soldier and Krogan Soldier. I'm going to spec out those kits with Avengers and give them a Blue Suns color scheme to complete the Zaeed tribute.

• Options

Valkerie is already an advanced avenger.
    the mattock, argus, and harrier are all the same thing too

anywho the valkyrie behaves completely differently than the avenger, so it'd be more like the argus in this case

i'm thinking this might be sort of like the harrier