Options

What would you do if you had a million dollars?

124»

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Shurakai wrote: »
    You wouldn't be rich through. 10 million would make it alot easier to live the high life.

I'd buy a modestly priced condo in NYC!

Not so exciting huh but a millio bucks doesn't go nearly as far as it used to

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    ToldoToldo But actually, WeegianRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Finance my own college education.

Toldo on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Yeah, all this talk of the "high life" really agitates me. I'd be quite happy with my current life, minus worries about the mortgage, taxes, utilities, and oh yeah, actually having to work.

Any super-rich philanthropists with a curious streak reading this? Feel free to give £500k to a bunch of us and see how we fare :P

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    RohanRohan Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Oh, and I'd rent a place in Budapest every winter (too hot in the summer), while using the rest of the year to take friends along with me to interesting places worldwide.

Rohan on
    ...and I thought of how all those people died, and what a good death that is. That nobody can blame you for it, because everyone else died along with you, and it is the fault of none, save those who did the killing.

Nothing's forgotten, nothing is ever forgotten
  • Options
    dvshermandvsherman Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Reckless wrote: »
    If I were suddenly awarded one million dollars, I would sell pretty much all of my belongings, buy myself one of these, get appropriate mountain and canyon flying instruction, then spend years exploring the state of Alaska by way of air. If the money ran out, I'd get my Commercial certificate and get paid to haul people and post from Anchorage to the bush.
    img_645726.jpg

So far, this seems to be at the same time the best idea and the most practical. A dream to live, and a means to support himself if/when the money runs out. :^:

dvsherman on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    It's also pretty awesome as well as practical, and makes me feel dull for settling for "sitting on my scrawny ass and treating life like one big weekend". I mean, man. It's a plane! And I bet it handles far better than that POS that haunts the GTA series.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    hambonehambone Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'd pay off the mortgage on my house and give it a few upgrades and improvements. Then I'd either sell it for big profit or use it as a rental property.

Then I'd pay off my girlfriend's student loans and marry her.

The rest of the money would be spent on finishing our educations, buying a larger house, a decent savings/emergency fund, and maybe a sailboat.

hambone on
    Just a bunch of intoxicated pigeons.
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    73126fn6.jpg

Gim on
  • Options
    SlagmireSlagmire Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Well, I do know a million dollars would help fund and provide armament my ideas of a penny gun when we are wrought upon by the zombie hordes. So much ammo...

Slagmire on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited August 2007
    I have a couple of business ideas that I could blow $200,000 on, and I'd put the rest in saving accounts.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    RecklessReckless Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    dvsherman wrote: »
    So far, this seems to be at the same time the best idea and the most practical. A dream to live, and a means to support himself if/when the money runs out. :^:
    Edcrab wrote: »
    It's also pretty awesome as well as practical, and makes me feel dull for settling for "sitting on my scrawny ass and treating life like one big weekend". I mean, man. It's a plane! And I bet it handles far better than that POS that haunts the GTA series.

Thanks dudes, this really makes me feel good as it's a dream I intend to live out regardless if someone drops a million in my checking account or otherwise. The whole "using an airplane to adventure" thing started when I was a kid, was solidified when I got my private pilot certificate, and was focused on Alaska after stumbling across that guy's blog and getting into e-mail correspondence with him. You should really check out his site, there's some amazing photography there.

Due Up

For the time being, I'm stuck as a broke college kid in New York, so not only can't I afford to rent any aircraft very often, there's not much in the way of adventure around. Although navigating New York City via the Hudson River at 1,100 feet was a unique experience to say the least.

Reckless on
  • Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

WOW.

Aridhol on
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Probably buy a house or two, then rent them out. Might as well use the money to make more money.

Also, I would buy a lot of weed.

A lot.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    dvshermandvsherman Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Aridhol wrote: »

WOW.

Wow is right.

dvsherman on