As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

365 Days of [Netflix]

2»

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Four Lions is great and hilarious and tragic and brilliant

It is some next-level shit

I don't want to hype it up too much prior to watching it

but

augh just go watch it

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    So since when is Powerpuff girls on netflix?

Also when will they add dexter's lab?

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    All the CN stuff in the OP won't be on Netflix until March

Poor form on UV to not point that out

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Brian KrakowBrian Krakow Registered User regular
    The season of Futurama they just added is as good as it was pre-cancellation. I am impressed.

• Options
    The season of Futurama they just added is as good as it was pre-cancellation. I am impressed.

I dunno, I already got burned on those movies and the 6th season.

I can't bring myself to believe 7 will be any better.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Oh shit, 7 is up now? Know what I'm watching tomorrow.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    I tried to watch a Futurama episode about everyone as salmon
    There were exactly zero jokes in it or the other vignettes

Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Started Alphas last night, and almost done with it today.

Pretty goddamn good show. Much better than I expected.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Futurama was getting kinda eh by season 4

At least season 4 had a hell of a finale

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Yeah, my roommate and I watched a lot of Futurama recently and

dang it is not nearly as good as I remember

there are still some brilliant episodes and jokes but it wasn't nearly as clever as I remember it being.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I dunno I think Season 4 of Futurama was good.

Certainly better than the new stuff.

Also King of the hill is great. But for some reason I like the middile seasons the most, at the end it got just got boring and at the beginning it was just TOO embarrassing.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    When is Chuck coming? I need to finish the last season.

And then maybe watch it all again.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular

It says that AT will be there at the end of march in the OP.

Also, Louis CK's Beacon Theater show (the one you can buy for $5 on his site) is now available for streaming on Netlfix.

• Options
    Goose! wrote: »

It says that AT will be there at the end of march in the OP.

Also, Louis CK's Beacon Theater show (the one you can buy for $5 on his site) is now available for streaming on Netlfix.

Well then, I apologize to UV and cast a disapproving glare on Uriel for not reading the OP

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    It'd be cool for me if Netflix had combat sports events. Maybe some Invicta FC, maybe some Golden Glory kickboxing. That'd lighten up my day.

I like Netflix as it is though.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Hopefully getting these content deals will mean more revenue for Netflix so they can eventually start getting some recent release movies on streaming. They don't have much to choose from for new stuff.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    They brought Monty Python back?

It went away last year over the summer, as did Fawlty Towers

Though Fawlty Towers is back now too

Shit, I was mistaken. Monty Python isn't there anymore. Thankfully, Kids In The Hall is still there.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    It'd be cool for me if Netflix had combat sports events. Maybe some Invicta FC, maybe some Golden Glory kickboxing. That'd lighten up my day.

I like Netflix as it is though.

Will probably never happen, though, especially live events.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    AvrahamAvraham Registered User regular
    I actually have neglected to watch Adventure Time on TV so I am incredibly excited to see it come to Netflix

:bz: :bz: :bzz:
  • Options
    Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    If anyone is down for brutal revenge flicks a la the Vengeance trilogy by Chan-wook Park (all three of which are streaming, go watch them), I heartily recommend I Saw the Devil

It's a pretty good revenge story with a nice twist in that it lays everything out up front, and the entire movie is dedicated to the act of revenge, and the back-and-forth between the "protagonist" and the serial killer that he is focused on.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Four Lions is great and hilarious and tragic and brilliant

It is some next-level shit

I don't want to hype it up too much prior to watching it

but

augh just go watch it

"Next-level" really is the best way to describe that. A lot of people give lip-service to comedies that "make you think," but that one burrowed deep down in my fuckin' skull. It had a message* that I've never seen before, in comedy or drama, that was incredibly, profoundly true. I don't even care if I'm hyping it up too much. It's one of the gutsiest movies I've ever seen.

Said message being, "Between innate human frailty and our ready access to incredibly dangerous technology, even a complete fuck-up is capable of incredible harm. We portray terrorists as masterminds because it makes us feel safer - makes us feel like it takes someone extraordinary to hurt us, and there aren't that many extraordinary people in the world. But Four Lions says, no, any idiot can take a life. You don't need to be special to inflict pain and suffering on a huge scale. And that's fucking scary.

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    We currently have a general thread and a bunch about specific movies in the first few pages already. Please use one of those, as this is one of those megathreads we tend to shut down.

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
This discussion has been closed.