As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Power [chat]

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I keep accidentally touching the square inch of my neck that got electrocuted today.

I'm worried I'm gonna give myself MRSA or something.

How did you...?

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    holy shit Tomb Raider is BRUTAL

NSFW .gif

http://i.minus.com/iMb1QhAYxpbHN.gif

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    i want to go white water rafting

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I keep accidentally touching the square inch of my neck that got electrocuted today.

u charging up ur usb port

Nah, burning my face hair off to improve my aerodynamic properties.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i love how many people were like

SHE COULDNT KEEP STRUGGLING WITH THAT THROUGH HER HEAD

and im like

well doods do you know how many people keep moving after having the most unimaginably fucked things happen 2 their brains LOL

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    today i sent a letter to mim

an indescribable quantity of dick pics were within

infinitely countable set of pics

pm me the current address cause i only have the old one

xoxo

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

NSFW .gif

What.

The.

Fuck.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular

NSFW .gif

the fuck

OVER THE LINE, SMOKEY

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    get taco bell but don't get like, some gross vinegary-ground-beef-slurry or whatever

get a burrito with actual chunks of beef

like, the grilled stuft steak burrito with sour cream, cheese, lettuce, tomato, extra hot sauce etc

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular

NSFW .gif

Conan makes that gif great.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    CEHESE

BURGER

GET IT

Big Mac attack.

488W936.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

u charging up ur usb port

Nah, burning my face hair off to improve my aerodynamic properties.

get spoilers on ur butt

they lift, tone and improve cornering

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular

NSFW .gif

I don't think I want to play this game.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    jakobagger wrote: »
    Mortious wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »
    How common is it for people to confuse being racist, sexist, etc. with being funny? Most of the time it isn't even "ironic."

there can be funny sexist/racist jokes

much in the same way that there can be funny jokes about any subject matter

There are basically jokes that happen to be involve sensitive, jokes that involve something sensitive in a way that is not so great, and references to problematic things that people think are funny.

They're all kinda different.

Both things can be funny, it is just incredibly dependant on a multitude of different factors such as delivery, timing, context, the actual joke itself, the audience, etc

Saying "this is a super special topic that you can't make light of" is just going to (a) make people go after the topic more and (b) give people who actually want to be hurtful a better idea of how they can do so.

I actually just finished reading this article.

http://jezebel.com/5905291/a-complete-guide-to-hipster-racism

I admit this is something I actually do, and I should probably stop.

Man I think I agree with the gist but "race isn't complicated because it's not real" is dumb.

For analogies, consider gender or our selection of axioms for mathematics.

There's probably quite a bit wrong with the article, but it does speak to me.

It's something that I do a lot, mostly because I carry a lot of guilt over my still quite recent cultural heritage.

I had a friend who I used to verbally spar with like this. Jokingly, but probably also as a way to find our place in the "new South Africa" since we were both one foot in/one foot out since the transition happened in our teens, but from different sides.

And that conversation style tends to carry over to other people (including this forum) but without any of the history and context that it was born in.

And I really need to unlearn that.

Ha.

Transition.

Anyway, I find myself in the state of "You are a complete dumbass and your argument is riddled with holes but I agree with the conclusion" a lot. And I usually end up playing "devil's advocate" because of it, but what I'm really doing is shooting down terrible arguments because they bug me almost as much as people being terrible. And then saying "but this is right in the end because" and then something that is less terrible an argument.

People love this, I assure you.

I also do this all the time

Trying to do it less, since people often find it irritating, or interpret me as disagreeing with them more strongly than I do.

I don't do it too often, make it obvious I agree with them, and am really not aggressive while still making firm points. Also, have a female username. Which I'm sure matters because we're dealing with people here. So people usually don't find it irritating, because I couch it in so many "I agree with you but" and "I don't think this makes sense because" and so on.

I mean I'm anxious and hate argumentation and am generally just not particularly courageous at social stuff so that is all natural, but I'm also good at identifying fallacies while providing alternative arguments.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Hadn't seen the Conan version of that gif

I really don't understand why she has to get punctured in the god damn neck with a spike

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

NSFW .gif

jesus christ

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    @desc where u go in colorado

nowhere yet

I went to tahoe

before that I have boarded locally in southern california which is mostly bad

I want to go to colorado for teh boarding but also to climb boulders

oic

i going to telluride nao in mid march

vermont tomorrow yayyy jay peak

sry i will not be in boston for pax time skippy (and if i were i woulda stayed at home and just come in to meet ppl)

poo
  • Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Now I can't stop listening to Icona Pop - I Love It :i

>: D

I'm throwing all sorts of awesomes at you tonight

f da police

You just threw me #400. That's a good 'un. :)

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    How common is it for people to confuse being racist, sexist, etc. with being funny? Most of the time it isn't even "ironic."

there can be funny sexist/racist jokes

much in the same way that there can be funny jokes about any subject matter

There are basically jokes that happen to be involve sensitive, jokes that involve something sensitive in a way that is not so great, and references to problematic things that people think are funny.

They're all kinda different.

Both things can be funny, it is just incredibly dependant on a multitude of different factors such as delivery, timing, context, the actual joke itself, the audience, etc

Saying "this is a super special topic that you can't make light of" is just going to (a) make people go after the topic more and (b) give people who actually want to be hurtful a better idea of how they can do so.

I actually just finished reading this article.

http://jezebel.com/5905291/a-complete-guide-to-hipster-racism

I admit this is something I actually do, and I should probably stop.

That article is poorly written.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    I know I'm like 2 years late but

Lair of the Shadow Broker is so great.

"Does this vehicle have any weapons?"
    "It's a taxi cab. It has a fare meter."

"Remember the good old days when you could just slap Omni-gel on everything?"

"That security upgrade made a lot of people unhappy."

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    not as freaky as that one bit in dead space 2.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Like, ok, I laugh at hilarious deaths in vidja games as much as the next 20something.

Countless hours of fun were spent in Halo 1 making a pile of dead masterchiefs in those shitty library sections instead of playing the game.

But do we really need to spike Lara Croft through the throat, have it jab out the back of her head, and then see her gasping for air while clawing at the spike?

I submit that we do not.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options

How did you...?

I am being purposefully obtuse.

I had some thermolytic electrolysis today during my free consult. I hate how expensive and long it takes and permanent it is, but I really have to get rid of my beard somehow.

If I could just shave and makeup forever I might, but the shadow is a pain in the ass and this is the only way to get rid of it. I'm worried about regretting it even though the chances I will are... low.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

I've been a few times.

It's p boring.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »

I've been a few times.

It's p boring.

no decapitations, 2/10

• Options
    how do you rate your jawbone after exposure

the right shape already or?

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

f da police

400 in total, or 400th from me personally? :o

• Options

How did you...?

I had some thermolytic electrolysis today during my free consult. I hate how expensive and long it takes and permanent it is, but I really have to get rid of my beard somehow.

If I could just shave and makeup forever I might, but the shadow is a pain in the ass and this is the only way to get rid of it. I'm worried about regretting it even though the chances I will are... low.

HOW WILL YOU BE BEARDED LADY?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Subway isn't sandwiches

That isn't bread

I make my own sandwiches now anyways from scratch, as I am cutting down on my carb intake.

488W936.png
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    so tired

hell with it, I'm heading home.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    @desc where u go in colorado

nowhere yet

I went to tahoe

before that I have boarded locally in southern california which is mostly bad

I want to go to colorado for teh boarding but also to climb boulders

oic

i going to telluride nao in mid march

vermont tomorrow yayyy jay peak

sry i will not be in boston for pax time skippy (and if i were i woulda stayed at home and just come in to meet ppl)

why you gotta be so cool shaz

why

• Options
    Elldren wrote: »

How did you...?

HOW WILL YOU BE BEARDED LADY?

I will take someone else's beard and tape it to my face!

Though seriously I don't want to be bearded lady.

Bearded androgynous guy, ok. Bearded lady, not ok. So if I could oscillate between those I'd be happiest but reality's a dick and I have to pick one.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

I've been a few times.

It's p boring.

no decapitations, 2/10

One time they did this stupid thing where you go nose-in to a little waterfall or whatever, someone sits at the front of the raft, and it's called riding the bull.

And when my ex rode the bull, she used my balls as a backstop for her feet to keep her balance.

I'm half-convinced she intended to.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular

f da police

400 in total, or 400th from me personally? :o

Total, dummy.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

How did you...?

No shaving is always worth it.

As part of the nervous condition I have apparently developed, I keep on plucking out my beard stubble. It makes for a surprisingly smooth stretch of skin down the side on my chin.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    It is pretty great in ME1 when you get near the end, realize you have like an hour maybe two of game play left, and 999 omni-gel

and you just say "hah hah, fuck you, hacking mini-game".

• Options
    Beards kind of kill androgyny

they are too explicitly masculine

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options

I've been a few times.

It's p boring.

no decapitations, 2/10

One time they did this stupid thing where you go nose-in to a little waterfall or whatever, someone sits at the front of the raft, and it's called riding the bull.

And when my ex rode the bull, she used my balls as a backstop for her feet to keep her balance.

I'm half-convinced she intended to.

This anecdote only inspires in me a sense of betrayal and sadness.

• Options

How did you...?

No shaving is always worth it.

As part of the nervous condition I have apparently developed, I keep on plucking out my beard stubble. It makes for a surprisingly smooth stretch of skin down the side on my chin.

What do you mean

Ohhh "(no shaving) is always worth it"

Not "no, shaving is always worth it"

Lisp is way more elegant than English. All things should have nested clauses.

Yeah, I am sure I've mentioned this before but I'm always scared of big changes and permanence. I have not had much of a beard for years and have loved it, yet I'm worried I'm going to miss it and all of a sudden want to be Indiana Jones for Halloween. Like, if I keep a patch for cloning and reimplantation I will feel safer, which is weird as shit because that's not something I'd ever do, but the option is appealing. I know it's a hilarious human bias and yet I still suffer it.

Fuck biases!

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    You know, I've just finished playing a game where you spend most of your time decapitating/dismembering people with a magically-sharp sword...

And that Tomb Raider .gif? It made me squeak in disgust.

Yowch...

This discussion has been closed.